Best Lawn Sweeper For Grass Clippings: Push & Tow-Behind (2018 Reviews)
Get to know the best lawn sweeper for grass clippings - tow behind or push lawn sweeper that may help you get rid of grass clippings, pine needles, fallen leaves, and other lawn debris.
Cleaning your lawn might be a big task to deal with especially in the fall season. That is why the presence of the best lawn sweeper is much needed to get the job done immediately. A lawn sweeper or a leaf sweeper is used to sweeping up debris like grass clippings, fallen leaves, twigs, litters, acorns, pine needles, sweet gum balls, etc. from lawn areas. It has a rotating brush system which sweeps the debris and gathers them into a hopper for disposal.
There are two main types of lawn sweepers, namely the tow-behind (pull behind lawn sweepers) and the push lawn sweepers. The former, which is also called as ‘behind lawn sweeper, is used for larger areas as it is towed behind an ATV or garden tractor. The latter resembles the manual wheeled lawn mower. A push lawn sweeper uses a forward pushing action for it to transfer the debris to a brush mechanism through the use of a gearing system. Thus, it rotates, gathers, and transfers grass clippings, fallen leaves, twigs, litters, and other things into a hopper or bag that is attached to the machine. This type of lawn sweeper is preferable if you have a small lawn.
Top 5 Best Lawn Sweeper For Grass Clippings
So, here are the 5 best lawn sweepers on the market for this year:
This Brinly lawn sweeper is another high-performance lawn sweeper for pine cones. This lawn sweeper has a 42-inch working width and 20 cubic foot poly weave fabric hamper that assures fewer passes on your lawn or yard and for less emptying. Its high-velocity brushes with height adjustment assure optimum pick-up of the debris. This 20 Cubic Feet tow Behind Lawn Sweeper’s design offers simple and convenient storage with minimal space required. Moreover, this yard sweeper needs an aerator or dethatcher to clean your yard aside from picking up the debris. Also, emptying the hopper bag doesn’t require much effort since it comes with a pull-rope and ergonomic T-handle.
- It has six brushes that function with high-velocity. It also has an indexed brush height adjustment.
- It has a patented storage design that provides simple and convenient storage that requires minimal space.
- It has a 42-inch sweep that helps you save your passes in your yard.
- You won’t need to worry about storage since it is collapsible.
- It is long lasting.
- It may take you some time to assemble it.
- It is preferable if it has a lower setting to pick up small debris like small twigs.
- It can’t hold a big amount of leaves.
This is a great and large sweeper with the width of 50 inches. Its hopper has the capacity of 26 cubic feet. Ohio Steel Pro Sweeper has 11” spiraled polypropylene brushes which are an Ohio patented exclusive feature. It also provided 4.5 to 1 brush-to-wheel, turning the ratio with extra wide 9” chute to avoid problems of clogging. It also comes with a collapsible hopper for a quick and easy storage. Aside from that, it also has sealed ball bearings on its brush axle and hitch pin. Its hitch can be adjusted to five different positions.
- It has undeniably wide 9” chute to prevent problems of clogging.
- It has a removable and collapsible hopper. This ensures you a compact storage.
- It has a no-slip height adjustment.
- It offers five-position adjustment for the hitch.
- It is made of durable materials.
- Its tensioning rod might be difficult to assemble.
- It lacks brush disengagement.
This lawn sweeper is made of very sturdy and durable parts that will surely last season after season. It is efficient and easy to operate since it is lightweight as compared to a rake. It has adjustable height settings. Moreover, its hopper bag is removable for an easy emptying task. It does a great job in every season- cleaning up winter debris to prevent mold, grass clippings, and other leaves. Agri-Fab 26-Inch Push Lawn Sweeper is flexible enough to fit in your garage.
- It has a 9.75”x2.25” plastic wheels.
- It doesn’t require much effort in pushing since it is very lightweight.
- Its hopper can be hooked and unhooked and can be collapsible for easy storage.
- It can be hanged.
- You can easily disconnect its hopper when you empty it.
- This comes with adjustable height settings.
- It can be assembled without requiring much time.
- It doesn’t have a low setting for its brush assembly.
- It doesn’t work in yards with roots and dips. In other words, it only works in flat yards.
This lawn grass sweeper is just another lightweight one on the list. So, it is easy to push and makes picking-up or collecting twigs and leaves an easy task. It also has adjustable height settings. Its width is 21-inch wide. It is equipped with a 20-gallon hopper bag which is removable. Aside from that, it is foldable and can be hanged, so it doesn’t require much space in storing.
- It has an adjustable height settings for an efficient pick-up operation.
- It is lightweight; thus, it so easy to maneuver in your lawn.
- It is foldable and can also be hung for easy storage.
- It has a multi-functional super grabbing brushes for grasses and leaves.
- It doesn’t require much time in assembling.
- It does great in picking even the smallest forms of debris.
- There is a need to empty the bag often since it is small.
- It doesn’t work well in windy conditions.
10 Tips For Taking Care Of Your Lawn Sweeper
- Operate your lawn sweeper in dry areas only, or else, your machine will easily be damaged if you keep on letting it handle wet grasses or area.
- A lawn sweeper works well on a regular lawn as compared to a grown lawn.
- Always check the brushes before use. They are removable so that you may clean or replace them.
- To clean the sweeper, use a water hose and let it dry completely before storage.
- Check and tighten the screws or fasteners every after the operation.
- Remove the wheels and clean the gears every after two years.
- After cleaning the gear, apply an even coat of light grease.
- Empty out the hopper bag every after use.
- Routine lubrication is required to be done twice a year: in the fall before storage and in the spring before the first use.
- Check the normal wear parts and replace them as needed.
Choosing A Lawn Sweeper For Grass Clippings
Check out these things to consider before making a final purchase:
The regular cleaning of your lawn or yard depends on your lawn sweeper. Thus, a lawn sweeper’s durability should be on top of your priority. It should be durable enough to be regularly used. Hence, choosing a lawn sweeper that is made of premium materials might save you from spending a lot of money for repair.
Since you need to achieve efficiency, choosing a lawn sweeper with a larger bag is considerable. A hopper bag with larger capacity helps you save time in emptying it out. Thus, you may continuously do the job for a long time without the need to empty the bag so often.
Some lawn sweepers are equipped with a lot of features but not that easy to handle. Choose the one which only has the necessary features so that you won’t have difficulty in dealing with its sophisticated yet useless features. A lawn feature is expected to aid you regularly so that it should be handy and friendly enough for you. That way, you won’t spend much time trying to make a lawn sweeper productive.
A lawn sweeper must pass all these considerations to be included in the best lawn sweepers 2018 list. So, remember these things carefully and see for yourself if the products mentioned above really possess all of these points.
Why Do You Need To Buy A Lawn Sweeper
1. It helps you save time, money, and effort
With this kind of tool, you will be spending less time and effort in cleaning your yard regularly. Using the conventional rake, it requires more effort and time considering the manual job that you need to do with it. Moreover, purchasing the best lawn sweeper, in terms of the quality and efficiency, will help you save money from repair or buying another one.
2. It can collect different kinds of debris than a grass grabber can
A grass grabber is good at collecting leaves and grass clippings. However, you cannot expect it to collect other debris. It is the best sweeper for acorns, for pine needles, for sticks, and for pine cones, etc. But with a lawn sweeper, you can be free from any kinds of debris.
3. A lawn sweeper’s brushes don’t harm your grass
Since a lawn sweeper’s brushes are soft; it doesn’t damage the grasses as compared to the other sweepers of its kind.
4. It is more productive than a leaf blower
A leaf blower, obviously in its name, usually blows grasses or debris and scatter them instead of collecting. Thus, it lets you spend another time gathering all the debris and putting them in one place. With the best lawn keeper, everything is done simultaneously.
These 5 best lawn sweepers for grass clippings really have what it takes to be considered the best. It is even quite hard to choose considering their pros, cons, and features. All of them provides what users usually want from a lawn keeper. However, after a thorough comparison, I personally choose Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper, 44-inch. The product currently knocks out the others with its high rating. So, it is one of the top choices for most users. Despite its cons, it is undeniable that its benefits outweigh the few cons. So, considering the durability, capacity, and usability, I choose Agri-Fab Lawn Sweeper, 44-inch as the best lawn sweeper on the list.