5 Best Grafting Tools 2018 Perfect For Both Pro And Newbie Gardeners
Be successful on your first attempt in grafting using the best grafting tool available on the market. Check out our 5 recommended grafting tools now!
At the mere mention of gardening, one would initially think that what you need are gardening tools used for planting. If you thought the same thing, then you couldn’t be more wrong. Gardening entails more than just simple digging of soil nor watering of plants. It also involves taking care of plants while it is still in the process of growing, especially if you want to grow them more for commercial purposes.
One of the plant production technique that most gardeners do to their plants is grafting. Grafting is a horticultural technique used by experts to propagate their garden plants. This is common to those plants that you usually see on the market. It is a process in which tissues of two plants are joined for them to grow as one. This is usually the case if you want to join plants to grow unique and aesthetically appealing plant ornament. If you see a plant that bears different colors of flowers, for instance, then it is most likely a product of grafting.
In fact, you can use the grafting method to propagate and grow unique plants and flowers. Some of the few plants that you can graft include flowers. You can also try it on trees such as apples and mangoes.
The 5 Best Grafting Tool For Your Home Garden
Now that you have a background on what to look for in a grafting tool, I will then share with you five best tools that you must check out. Each of these tools is called the best grafting tool for nothing. So, sit back and read on!
If you want to be a pro in grafting, you need a professional grafting tool as well. Fortunately, this professional garden cutting tool is one of the best grafting tools to date even for newbies out there. It is easy to use but never falls short when it comes to performance. This professional CoZroom garden grafting cutting tool is ideal for cutting average to thick branches, as well as leaves.
- This sleek-looking best grafting tool comes in a complete set. It has a Phillips screwdriver, two extra blades, and a wrench.
- Its blade is made from carbon steel, making it durable and last longer than most grafting tool.
- Its design is built with great consideration to the user’s hand size. As you can see, the handles are slim yet firm, allowing even women with small hands to grip the tool properly.
- A lot of its buyers commended the level of comfort it provides. Most of them will agree that CoZroom is indeed one of the best grafting tools if comfortability is your top priority.
- It features a robust structure, making it perfect for cutting thick branches and twigs.
- The handles are made of durable plastic. However, some find the plastic material a big let down, especially if you are the type of person that sweats easily in the palm.
- There are no instructions as to which type of blade to use for a specific type of cut. This might be a bit confusing for beginners.
Are you looking for a complete set of grafting tool for your home garden? No worries! This 3-blade best grafting tool is a perfect match. Featured in a black and orange combination, this professional U-type Grafting Pruner also comes with a free grafting tape. Powerful, sharp, and affordable is what AGPtek grafting tool promises to its customers.
- This U-type Grafting Pruner ha a clean cut design, perfect for home grafting.
- The package also comes with three free blades that are sharp and durable.
- It provides a very tight fit to almost all grafts.
- Many newbies who just started grafting love the fact that it has one roll of free grafting tape.
- This AGPtek pruner is the best grating tool for fruit tree grafting, especially the likes of mango.
- It is a bit cheaper as compared to other grafting tool brands., yet the performance is all worth it.
- Just like the first grafting tool introduced in this list, AGPtek doesn’t have instructions about the usage of blades.
- A few customers find the product disappointing, only because it is advertised differently (such as freebies, etc.). Please find time to read reviews before purchasing items online as for how it is advertised and how it looks, in reality, may be different.
With hundreds of grafting tool brands advertise online, it is quite confusing as to which is the best grafting tool to buy. You must look into the uniqueness and the overall performance of the pruner before finally purchasing your grafting kit. With this in mind, GORCHEN makes sure that what they offer is both original and professional. Start your grafting job this season with this 100% reliable grafting pruner.
- This grafting pruner is perfect for cutting vines and fruit trees.
- With its 3 millimeters thick blade, cutting slightly thick branches will not be a problem.
- It features carbon steel blades. Carbon steel blade is known for its impressive hardness and sharpness.
- GORCHEN. True to its promise, offer its loyal customers more than just a single type of cut. This pruner is the best grafting tool either for U-cut or V-cut.
- It can be used for both pruning and grafting at the same time. It is cost-efficient indeed!
- This package includes one pruner, one screwdriver, three grafting blades, and one wrench. All of these are stored inside the sleek, black tool bag.
- Its ABS plastic handle may not appeal to some users. Some prefer aluminum handles instead.
Omega style graft is one of the popular graft styles that most beginners make. This is because it is easy and applies to almost all types of plants including trees. Unlike the other three grafting tools presented earlier, this one features a bright red color. With three free blades, including the one pre-assembled in the pruner, and grafting tape, this grafting tool is certainly worth every dollar you spent.
- The blades of this amazing grafting pruner are made from high-quality carbon steel. As mentioned above, carbon steel is well-known for its sharpness and durability.
- For extra protection, all three blades are coated with chrome. Chrome coating enhances the blades hardness and its resistance to corrosion.
- It is very user-friendly, which is perfect for both pro and newbie.
- One of the main reasons why it is well-loved is that it is incredibly affordable for an impressive quality.
- It cuts beautifully and with perfect precisions.
- Please make sure you check before using the tool. This is because a few customers complain about receiving their order with a slight defect. Always check first so that you can ask for a replace when necessary.
Fruit trees are among the most popular trees to graft lately. To get a clean and beautiful graft, you need to use the appropriate fruit tree grafting tool. Well, Signtek gets you covered with its best grafting tool offering. This garden grafting cutting tool is by far one of the cheapest grafting tool kits on the market.
- This user-friendly grafting tool offers not just one but three types of grafting cut including the U-shape, V-shape, and Ω-shape.
- It also features an anastomosed connector, which makes it different from the traditional grafting cut.
- The package also includes three free blades which have different shapes. This helps you get cut to shape for your graft.
- It can also be used to prune useless branch of your garden trees or shrubs.
- Although you can use this to cut branches, please do note that it is originally designed for grating branches. Thus, don’t expect it to have excellent pruning/cutting ability like that of a true pruning tool.
- Always check with the retailer if the grafting tape is still one of the freebies. Some customers claim that this grafting tool was advertised with free tape, but freebies might differ from one place to another.
What To Look For In A Grafting Tool?
In this article, I will share with you the best tools to use for grafting. This is particularly important since using the wrong tools can actually make or break your grafting attempt. You don’t want to waste that branch or twig you cut off from your well-loved plants, do you? Hence, always make sure that you have the necessary tools for the process.
Below are the simple yet useful tips that you need to list down as you search for the best grafting tool to buy:
Stainless Vs. Carbon Steel Blade
You probably heard a million times how important it is to secure a sharp and stainless blade for your grafting tool. Well, those are true. You need a sharp blade to cut the plant stems correctly, and of course, the stainless steel would ensure your tool is safe from rusting and corrosion when made contact with wet plant leaves or stems. But did you know that a carbon steel blade can also make a lot of difference when it comes to the durability of your tool?
Just like stainless steel, carbon steel blade is also able to resist corrosion (although not as good as stainless steel). However, carbon steel is peerless in terms of sharpness. We all know how significant a role a sharp blade plays in the kind of graft you’ll have.
Choosing either a stainless or carbon blades depends on your priorities. Stainless is more rust-resistant, but carbon is stronger.
If you plan to graft plants with thick branches, then the hardness of the blade must be considered. The hardness of the blades affects the precision of the cut. Thus, always check and try the tool first before buying.
WaterProof and Self-Adhering Grafting Tape
Most grafting tools come with a free grafting tape. The best grafting tool tape is waterproof and self-adhering. The waterproof tape will hold the branches together amidst rain and moisture. Please be wary, though, as a lot of grafting tool brands claim their grafting tape is waterproof but couldn’t actually hold the branches when it starts raining.
Also, check if the tape is self-adhering. By self-adhering, it means that the tape can hold the branches without using a bandage or a piece of cloth. Before grafting tape was made available, most gardeners would make use of old clothes to tie the branches together. This could work, but the pressure put to the branch when securing the tie can actually be detrimental to the growth and result of the graft.
Grafting is one of the most forward-thinking methods for plant production. It is innovative and very easy to execute if you have the right tools, of course. Grafting may be the key to having a home garden that is full of healthy and sustainable plants.
While all these five grafting tools are commendable and provide excellent performance, I personally recommend the CoZroom garden grafting cutting tool. I think this is the best grafting tool from the list. It comes in a complete set with free blades, plus it has carbon steel blades.
Moreover, it is impressively comfortable; thus, you can actually just prune and graft the whole day. I don’t mind spending a few extra dollars if the grafting results are what I expected. However, it’s still up to you. You just have to choose the most comfortable and the one that fits your needs.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you find the time to check all these products out before you finally settle with buying your own best grafting tool. Have you tried grafting before? What are your experiences? Please don’t forget to share with us your grafting experience!