Not all LED lights are designed for gardening in grow tents. Others are recommended for bigger greenhouse horticulture garden. If you’re on the hunt for the best LED grow tent kits, which already have an LED grow light, a grow tent, and some matching carbon filters or ventilation accessories, then we’ve got a top pick for you!
Read on to know our top pick for the best LED grow tent kit and learn what to look for in complete LED grow tent packages!
This TopoLite Complete Hydroponics System Kit is the best LED grow tent kit for your money. Not only is it already complete, the accessories in this package are carefully selected to give you the best yield for your garden. It has a full spectrum 300w light, giving more heat to your plants and speeding up their growth cycle. The kit also includes a 24x24x48 inches grow tent and 4-inches Filter Combo. The filter combo consists of carbon air filter, Velcro pre-filter, elastic ropes, silver ducting, steel hose clamps, and inline duct fan. Lastly, its carbon filter is proven to be environment-friendly.
Indoor gardening has become more and more popular these days
For your quick comparison, we’ve created a table below!
Quick Comparison Table Of The Best LED Grow Tent Kits
TopoLite Complete Hydroponics System Kit
TopoGrow LED Grow Tent Kit with 8″ Inline Duct Fan Filter
- MUST READ: 5 Best Grow Tent Kits Complete Reviews
Key Features Of The Best LED Grow Tent Kits
TopoLite Complete Hydroponics System Kit is our top pick on the list for some good reasons. Get to know its amazing features below!
Some LED grow tent packages only include a grow tent and LED light, but TopoLite Complete Hydroponics System Kit is a complete indoor growing kit, which is good for first-time growers and beginners. Unlike professional growers, beginners tend to get confused as to which grow tent to buy and the best LED light for their chosen tent. By choosing a complete package, you already have the right tools and accessories needed for your indoor plants.
For a simple indoor garden, you need a small to medium-sized grow tent, a 100w (if you’re only growing a few plants) or 600w (if you want to grow more plants) LED light, and a filter combo with accessories. The carbon filter, which is included in the package, helps control the odor and temperature in your indoor hydroponic garden.
Full spectrum LED light has all the wavelengths needed for your plant’s growth cycle
Full Spectrum LED Light
A full spectrum LED light is ideal for indoor gardening. This is because the full spectrum light is a light that has all the wavelengths needed for the growth of the plants. In a traditional garden, sunlight is the source of heat for plants, and it is considered a full spectrum.
Since you are growing your plants indoors, it is important to use a light that mimics the electromagnetic spectrum of sunlight or is closest to natural light. Hence, experts suggest you get an LED light that has full spectrum tag in it.
Heavy-Duty Grow Tent
One would initially think that the most expensive kits are the best LED grow tent kits, but this isn’t always the case. TopoLite Complete Hydroponics System Kit belongs to the mid-range category but still able to satisfy a lot of customers. In fact, a lot of its users commend the products durability.
TopoLite Complete Hydroponics System Kit is made of 600D lightproof oxford cloth. Oxford cloth is known for being thicker and wrinkle-resistant; thus, it is ideal for heavy-duty usage.
An indoor garden needs a carbon filter to absorb the bad odor inside the grow room
Durable Carbon Filter
The carbon filter included in TopoLite’s package is also applauded for its durability. Thanks to its zinc-anodized steel housing mesh, the filter has corrosion resistant properties. The filter also boasts an Iodine Adsorption Value of 950, which is considered highly efficient. This means that the filter has a stronger absorption ability.
Top 5 Best LED Grow Tent Kits 2018 Reviews
Want to know the pros and cons of the 5 complete led grow tent kits on the list? Check them out below!
#1 TopoLite Complete Hydroponics System Kit
TopoLite Complete Hydroponics System Kit. Via: Amazon.com
This is a complete indoor gardening kit which includes a grow tent, LED light, and carbon filter combo. Its grow tent has a dimension of 24x24x48 while its LED light boasts 300 watts in full spectrum. For those who want a higher wattage lighting for their plants, this package also offers LED lights in 800w and 1200w.
- It’s a complete LED grow tent kit which has a reasonable price.
- Its filter makes use of coal-based activated carbon, which is an eco-friendly material.
- This is durable and heavy-duty; thus, it can last a long time when used properly.
- There are several LED light choices for those who want 300w, 800w, or 1200w for their garden.
- You can also choose your preferred grow tent size, but for first-time growers, the 24x24x48 inches or 2×2 feet dimension is a good start. This is also available in 2×2’, 3×3’, 4×4’, and 5×5’ sizes.
- This is also very easy to assemble, perfect for beginners.
- Most users’ complaints about the package is that the ducting is too small to fit the filter. So, you might need to purchase a bigger ducting separately.
- It can only fit 2-3 small plants and only 1 big plant. If you want to grow more plants, then choose the bigger tent which is 48x48x80 inches in size.
#2 TopoGrow Complete LED Grow Tent Kit
TopoGrow Complete LED Grow Tent Kit.
If you want a complete LED grow tent package with a bigger size tent, then TopoGrow Complete LED Grow Tent Kit is for you. Just like our top pick product, it also features a 300w LED light, 32x32x63 inches grow tent, 4-inches Filter, and Filter Combo accessories. Plus, this LED grow tent kit is fairly priced.
- It’s a complete package kit with LED light, 3×3 grow tent, carbon filter, as well as the necessary accessories needed for the filter installation.
- The 300w LED light in this kit is a full spectrum, which is ideal for better plant growth.
- This is suitable for various stages of planting, such as seedling, germination, and flowering.
- Its grow tent is made from 96% reflective mylar film, which traps light inside, thus heating the tent more for the growth cycle.
- It has a discreet packaging wherein the LED light, grow tent, and filter combo are packed separately.
- Its 4-inches inline duct fan is also low noise.
- When using the LED light, you must observe the suggested continuous working time of 10-16 hours per day. This means the light must be turned off after continuously using it for 10-16 hours.
- The assembly of the ventilation is a bit difficult. It would help to search for a video setup tutorial to guide you, especially if you’re a first-time user.
#3 TopoGrow LED Grow Tent Kit with 8″ Inline Duct Fan Filter
TopoGrow LED Grow Tent Kit with 8″ Inline Duct Fan Filter
Looking for a bigger and brighter LED grow tent kit for your grow room? This TopoGrow LED Grow Tent Kit has all the parts and accessories you need. It offers a bigger tent with an estimated dimension of 96x48x80 inches and two pieces of brighter LED lighting in 1200 watts each. In addition, its 8-inches inline duct fan filter is also bigger than the other ventilation kit packages.
- This package has highly efficient and high-performing 2 pieces LED lights in 1200 watts each. Plus, it uses COB or chip on board, a new LED light technology that is energy-saving and has a long lifespan.
- It has a working temperature of 20 to 50 degree Celsius, making it ideal for different stages of planting.
- This package is also available in Combo Hydroponic System kit but in a much higher price, of course.
- This has a highly durable grow tent which has double stitching and heavy-duty zippers.
- Its full spectrum lights have a wavelength range of 380-800 nm with a lifetime of 50,000 hours.
- This is expensive, but considering the features and bigger sizes of the accessories in the package, it’s definitely worth it.
- This package is recommended for soil growing. If you want to use it for both soil and hydroponics growing, we suggest you get the Combo hydroponic grow kit instead.
#4 HongruiLite LED Grow Tent Kit for Hydroponic Growing
HongruiLite LED Grow Tent Kit for Hydroponic Growing
HongruiLite is another top manufacturer of grow tent kit. In this kit, you’ll get one 300 watts full spectrum LED light, one heavy-duty grow tent, and activated carbon filter combo. Included in its carbon filter combo are the carbon filter, inline duct fan, and some silver flex ducting.
- The grow tent in this package is made from 600D oxford cloth. This is a lightweight and durable cloth used in most premium grow tents.
- The 300 watts light has a wavelength range of 380-800 nm with a frequency of 50/60 Hz. Plants consume 400-700 nanometer of lights to complete the photosynthesis process.
- The filter has a low noise technology.
- It also features an activated carbon filter with exceptional odor control capacity.
- Users of this kit said it’s easy to assemble.
- The tent is only 2×2’ or 24x24x48” in size. Thus, this is not recommended for bigger indoor growing.
- This package has a limited one-year warranty.
#5 Gorilla Grow Tent Complete LED Lite Grow Tent Package
Gorilla Grow Tent Complete LED Lite Grow Tent Package
This complete grow tent kit LED package has all the equipment and accessories you need for both soil and hydroponic indoor gardening. It has a Lite Gorilla tent and professional Kind LED light with a maximum wattage of 450 watts. Included in its combo package are Active Air filter accessories, namely 8-inches inline fan, 6-inches clip-on fan, duct fan speed adjuster, premium ducting, carbon filter, and Hygro-thermometer.
- This package is an all-in-one package. Everything you’d want in an indoor garden with a good ventilation is here in this package.
- This can accommodate up to 5 big pots of full-size plants.
- The Kind LED light comes with a remote control.
- The 4×4’ Gorilla grow tent is guaranteed to be lightweight yet durable.
- Aside from the usual filter accessories, it also has an analog grounded timer and 2 pieces of rope ratchet.
- The Kind LED light is also energy-saving with its light emitting diode technology.
- This is the most expensive kit on the list.
- This is recommended for professional growers only.
How To Choose The Right Indoor Grow Tent Package
If you’re reading this section, then you’ll probably a first-time buyer of the best LED grow tent kits. Congratulations for taking the right step of researching before you finally make a purchase. Below, we’re going to discuss the basic tips in terms of selecting the right package for your grow room.
There are a lot of things to consider when it comes to grow tent, such as the number and size of the plants, the space where you’ll place the tent, and of course, the materials used in the tent.
The first two considerations — number/size of plants and space — vary from person to person, so we’re going to focus mainly on the materials of the tent.
The best grow tent material should have the following features:
- Reflective, textured silver layer (for the interior)
- Blocks all the exterior light or light coming outside the tent
- Traps all the interior light or the light that is used inside the tent
- At least 600D ballistic nylon cloth
A highly reflective silver mylar film can trap heat inside to support the growth of the plants
For the LED light, it is important that you look for the “Full Spectrum” label. If you think your daylight bulb is enough to support the growth cycle of your plant, then you couldn’t be more wrong.
As mentioned earlier, plants that are grown indoors need to receive light that has a spectrum closest to the natural light. A full spectrum LED light has various wavelengths that are needed for the different stages of the plant’s growth just like sunlight. For instance, the warm red spectrum is ideal for the flowering stage while cool blue spectrum is ideal for vegetative stage.
Hence, it is understandable why most expert indoor growers recommend the full spectrum LED lighting.
When choosing a carbon filter combo for you grow tent, it is vital that you consider your skills on how to set up and assemble the accessories. For beginners, a simple carbon filter combo with a carbon filter, inline duct fan, silver ducting and clamps would be enough.
However, we suggest purchasing a speed controller as well. With a fan speed controller, you can switch the fan on when the temperature of the grow room is above the predetermined level and switch the fan off when the temperature is lower.
A speed controller is an essential addition to your indoor garden tools
Being an indoor grower takes a lot of effort and careful selection of equipment and accessories. Knowing what to expect from each equipment will help you decide the best tools and accessories for your desired grow room.
We hope this article has helped you in your quest to find the best LED grow tent kits for your indoor garden.
If you consider buying hps bulbs for your indoor plants, we also have a review about it here. Thanks for dropping by and have a great day! 🙂