Best Indoor Hydroponic Grow System 2018 and Benefits Of Using One
Hydroponics has become a trend in indoor gardening. Learn about the best indoor hydroponic grow system on the market to start your very own soilless garden.
When people talk about soilless gardening, the first thing that comes to our mind is hydroponics. Hydroponics is an innovative way of doing soilless gardening replacing the soil with water. How is this made possible? Simple. Just use the best indoor hydroponic grow system, and you’re good to have your very own hydroponic garden.
Indoor hydroponic grow systems are specially designed to sustain the main components of growing plants. Unlike soil gardening, this type of indoor gardening utilizes water to sustain the survival of the plants. Hydroponic plants are nourished with a nutrient solution that contains both macronutrients and micronutrients.
Although hydroponic gardening can be applied to any plants, the quality of their growth greatly depends on several factors - nutrient solution, air stones, air pumps, water chiller, grow lights like LED or HPS bulbs, and most especially, the hydroponic grow system used.
Benefits Of Indoor Hydroponic Grow System
Hydroponic grow systems can give a gardener lots of benefits. They are guaranteed to save much of your effort, time, and especially money. The following are some of the benefits that indoor hydroponic grow systems provide.
1. It Saves Much Of Your Water Supply.
Even though hydroponics uses water instead of soil, it does not mean that it utilizes plenty of it. The ideal water for hydroponics is actually one gallon per plant. Therefore, the consumption of water by the plants is dependent on the number of hydroponic plants you are cultivating. In soil gardening, plants need to be watered regularly, which can cost you more than a gallon of water for an entire growth cycle of a plant. Hence, hydroponics can save much of your water since one gallon is just enough for the entire growth cycle of hydroponic plants.
2. Hydroponic Grow Systems Promote Fast Growth Of Plants.
Aside from offering water-saving features in a hydroponics setup, hydroponic grow systems can actually make your plants grow and develop faster as compared to soil gardening. Since the growing environment of the plants can be controlled by the gardener using specific hydroponic grow systems, the necessary elements for the growth of the plants can also be controlled, sustained, and regulated. No matter what the weather is, expect to harvest high-quality fruits and vegetables more often all year round.
3. The Hydroponic Indoor Growing Method Actually Provides Higher Yields Than Soil Gardening.
In soil gardening, plants get the necessary nutrients under the ground. Unlike this, hydroponic grow systems provide features that enable the gardener to supply its plants with the needed nutrients through nutrient solutions. With this, hydroponic grow systems can actually produce higher yields with a high-quality harvest. The quality of the plants can actually be achieved by supplying specific macronutrients and micronutrients which can always be controlled if we use the best indoor hydroponic grow systems.
4. Plants Grown In Hydroponic Grow Systems Experience Lesser Plant Diseases.
Most of the plant diseases that infect fruits, vegetables, and other plants are actually due to their exposure to the outside environment. Since they are grown in an outdoor garden, they are vulnerable to various plant diseases, as well as the attack of various insects. Unlike indoor gardening, hydroponic gardeners can protect its plants from unwanted diseases that can hamper their growth and development.
5. It Does Not Require Any Pesticide.
Since hydroponic plants are kept in indoor areas, harmful insects cannot attack the plants. Therefore, plants grown in hydroponic grow systems do not necessarily need pesticides.
6. It Is Affordable.
Hydroponic grow systems only consume small areas, and also a small amount of money. Having a hydroponic garden does not require you to have expensive fertilizers and pesticides, as well as other equipment used in spraying them. Just use the best products in the hydroponic industry to save you from keeping on buying the same things over and over again.
Top 5 Best Indoor Hydroponic Grow Systems Reviews
There are lots of hydroponic grow systems that you can buy on the market. But which one can you trust the most? To help you with that, here are the reviews of the best indoor hydroponic systems:
This product is specially designed by the PowerGrow Hydroponic Systems to grow plants in deep water culture (DWC). It features four growing sites that enable the gardener to plant four plants at the same time. It has a total weight of 17 pounds with a dimension of 12 x 12 x 30 inches. It comes in black color.
- This product is an easy-to-use indoor hydroponic grow system that is ideal for all types of indoor plants. This is also ideal for indoor weed growing system.
- This deep water culture kit includes an air pump, airlines, air stones, four 10-inches basket lids, andfour 5-gallon FDA buckets.
- This also features a water level indicator that allows the user to check the level of the nutrient solution without the need to open the bucket’s lid.
- This also comes with a water drain that makes the water changing task easier for the user.
- This product also offers a one-year USA warranty.
- The air system in this product does not provide enough oxygen needed by the plants.
- The barbed elbows used to connect the blue water indicator are not of high-quality and can easily be broken. Hence, the user should handle it gently.
This indoor hydroponic grow system is ideal for ebb & flow hydroponic type. It features a complete set for setting up ebb & flow hydroponics. This product offers different sizes of the hydroponic kit – 2 x 2 feet, 2 x 4 feet, 3 x 3 feet, and 4 x 4 feet. It weighs 105 pounds and comes in a white tray with 16 black 1-gallon nursery pots.
- This product has a complete set of flood and drain hydroponics.
- It includes a fitting kit, submersible pump (211 GPH), 50-liter bag grow rocks that can also be a growing medium for cannabis, black poly tubing, grounded multi-pin timer, and 16 1-gallon pots for cannabis, for marijuana, and also for fruits and vegetables.
- This also features a reservoir with a capacity of 20 gallons.
- Its white flood tray measures 36 x 36 x 7 inches.
- Its metal tray stand has a dimension of 3 x 3 x 2 feet.
- The total height of this product is 48 inches.
- This hydroponic grow system is specially designed to deliver the necessary amount of water, nutrients, and oxygen to the plants that result in their rapid growth and fast development.
- This is also ideal for growing indoor marijuana.
- Some of the buyers had complained that the product package delivered to them were not the correct ones or with an incomplete set.
- This is more expensive as compared to other hydroponic grow systems.
This product is designed by the Hydroponic System Company to fit all the needs of ebb & flow hydroponic system. It features 90 planting sites that enable the user to grow various plants at the same time. It weighs 19.8 pounds with a dimension of 36 x 41 x 15 inches.
- This product features three rows and three layers of holes with a total of 90 planting sites that are perfect for growing cannabis, fruits, and also vegetables.
- It also features an advanced inner blocking design that prevents the light from penetrating through the tubes.
- This indoor hydroponic grow system can produce a high-quality harvest of fruits and vegetables that are guaranteed to be more delicious and nutritious.
- This comes in easy-to-assemble parts and is perfect for beginners.
- This product can be used either in ebb & flow hydroponic if used with a timer or in a recirculating deep water culture if used without a timer.
- The product does not include a reservoir and power strip.
- It is also a bit expensive as compared to other hydroponic grow systems.
This hydroponic system is designed by STOH for DIY hydroponic systems. It features a self-watering system plus a 30-day timer. This can be charged using a USB so that it can be used on decks, patios, as well as in outdoor or potted plants. It weighs 1.4 pounds with a dimension of 2.76 x 3.94 x 3.94 inches.
- This product features a 100% automated drip irrigation system that aids the equipment to do self-watering.
- It comes with a timer that can be set for 30 days.
- It also features a scientific water-saving design that keeps the device use 70% less water than those traditional watering sprays.
- It comes in an easy-to-install design that can be simply set up by hydroponic beginners in as fast as 15 minutes.
- This product can also be used in pots for growing weeds and also in marijuana grow box.
- It comes with a comprehensive manual.
- This item features two types of power supplies – 850mAH AAA batteries in four pieces and 5V micro-USB adapter.
- This also features an energy-saving system that makes the device consume low power.
- The four 850mAH AAA batteries are not included in the product package.
- The lights tend to go out right after programming it to a new watering cycle. However, the equipment resumes its work after few minutes of setting the new cycle.
Indoor hydroponic grow systems are a great way of growing plants in an inexpensive manner. This actually helps in sustainable development. It gives the user the opportunity to acquire weeds, fruits, and vegetables without buying them. Plus, hydroponic grow systems only need less effort, less water, and lesser money. Just choose the best indoor hydroponic grow system that is appropriate for your desired plants. No matter what medium is used, may it be perlite, coco coir for cannabis, or grow rocks, it doesn’t matter. What matters most is the suitability, as well as the quality of the hydroponic grow system that you intend to use.
With this, I highly recommend the 90-site Hydroponic Grow System for Ebb and Flow, & Deep Water Culture by Hydroponic System. This product gives the gardener the opportunity to grow a large number of the same plant, or to grow different plants at the same time in just one hydroponic system. You just have to purchase a reservoir that can supply ample water to your 90 plants. Just remember that the ratio of water to plant is always 1 gallon per plant.
Thank you so much for reading this and please do share this with others who are also interested in indoor hydroponic grow systems.
You might also read: