Best Gas Hedge Trimmer Buying Guide And Recommendation
Are you in the hunt of the best gas hedge trimmer? Learn the top rated gas hedge trimmer coupled with some tips and information.
When it comes to the horticulture sector, it is a challenge to grow plants efficiently and aesthetically. Any job in line with it must be combined with art and knowledge. It is not enough that one is passionate about enhancing the appearance of his garden. As part of the current trend, using the right tool with the right price is becoming popular.
Certainly, it is better to consider maintenance to ensure the appealing look of the entire space. More importantly, these efforts have been linked to human relaxation and satisfaction. With your efforts in beautifying and nourishing your garden, there will be a high chance of maintaining the nutritional value of the plants. This will give an assurance that your garden is composed of edible and lovely shrubs and flowers.
Unless you have an incomparable strength and stamina as well as time, whacking back manually most of the overgrowth could consume all your free time. Not only that, but it can also make also your muscles ache to slump into a comfy bed. Don’t fret anymore because there’s a way better to make your yard well-manicured – none other than using the best gas hedge trimmer.
Top Picks For The Best Gas Hedge Trimmer 2018
Are you worried that you won’t get the best in value and protection for your hard-earned money? No worries! Here’s the best gas hedge trimmer reviews from some of the popular names in the industry. Also, we have compiled some tips that will help you choose the best hedge trimmer!
This hedge trimmer is your answered prayer if you’re looking for something that utilizes a great engine and strong cutting body. By that, it keeps on doing its job regardless of the space you need to cut through.
- It could last for a while since it uses 28cc engine.
- It can move over more items within your landscape easily and wouldn’t buckle down under pressure.
- This model can cut more things properly.
- It can change positions through the swivel handle.
- Aside from that, this model is not too difficult to carry around.
- Some users say that this model produces exhaust which often blows into anyone’s face.
- It’s noisy.
On the other hand, this hedge trimmer is on everyone’s lips because it’s so easy to use. Operated by a gas engine, which is more cost-efficient and easy to start, it can definitely help a lot in landscaping your garden. Apart from that, it only requires less maintenance effort. Its rear handle is adjustable; thus, it’s suitable for all types of operation.
- It has an awesome engine and low maintenance unit.
- It has 23.7 inches blade long.
- It doesn’t have any vibration when in use.
- You can rotate its rear handle.
- Actually, this tool is tailored for heavy-duty and professional applications. It also boasts its easy start system.
- It’s expensive to get it repaired once it’s broken.
Did you know that aside from worm composter, you can also nourish your shrubs and hedges through trimming? Let this model help you with that! Tanaka 2-Cycle Gas Hedge Trimmer is known as the quietest and lightest gas hedge trimmers in the market. Its engine is from PureFire technology, highlighting fuel consumption and reduction in emission without sacrificing the power output. Not to mention that this trimmer is so easy to use and offers maneuverability as it weighs more than 9 pounds only.
This easy-to-start, lightweight, and quiet hedge trimmer is a great choice to keep your hedges as neat as possible. Efficient engine and big fuel tanks make it a more convenient gardening equipment.
- It comes with 7 years of warranty.
- It has excellent fuel efficiency.
- It’s quite than other brands on the market.
- Since it has a noise level of about 87 decibels only, rest easy that not all of your neighbors will hear your work in the yard.
- Its adjustable rear handle and double-sided cutting blade ensure accuracy and speed every time you trim shrubs and hedges.
- Meanwhile, its front mounted exhaust is responsible for directing away from the fumes from one’s face regardless of the position you’re holding the trimmer in.
- There are instances that you need to adjust its carburetor prior to using.
What else do you need to add in your wheelbarrow for your gardening job? Here’s your best-answered prayer! Featuring 21.1 cc, Echo Hc-152’s engine has lots of power along with relatively light weight. Its commercial-grade air filtration system guarantees a long life for the said engine.
- Its blades can easily cut woody branches.
- It enables precise trimming.
- It has throttle lock feature, which aims to avoid any accidental throttle engagement.
- Its sharp double sided blades are known to be precision ground and are the perfect option for thick branches just like a sharp knife through butter.
- A rigid support bar made it possible to provide a clean and precise cut.
- Weighing 11.7 pounds only, this hedge trimmer can provide better maneuverability.
- In addition to that, its balance is remarkable, which makes it feel even lighter.
- It is not easy to start especially when the engine is cold.
- Sometimes, the engine overheats. You need to allow it to rest for a while before using again.
Want to make your yard look well-groomed for your next barbecue party with your family and friends? This hedge trimmer PP2822 from Poulan Pro can do the trick. It has 22 -inches dual dual-action blades which extend the amount of reach. Achieve a better result like you hired a professional gardener.
- It has 22 inches stainless steel blade to trim more area.
- It has a rotating handle for better grip.
- It doesn’t make any sound while running as compared to other cordless units.
- Unlike other hedge trimmers out there, this model is quiet and lightweight as it weighs 11.1 pounds only.
- It doesn’t emit as well hazardous gas at all.
- This product can start instantly along with its sufficient battery life. Indeed, it’s a worthy investment for your backyard.
- This is not the right equipment for extremely thick hedges.
- Its blade should regularly be maintained.
- You need to mix oil and fuel to use it.
How To Buy Gas Hedge Trimmer?
Admit it or not, trimming trees and hedges is a daunting task. Trying to do this task through shears will let you waste a significant amount of time and effort.
Good thing, gas hedge trimmer is invented! But these days, it’s not that easy to choose the best hedge trimmer as there are myriads of options varying from sizes and safety features. To help you narrow down your list, look for:
+ Blade Size
Determine the length of the blades you’d like to have. Keep in mind that getting longer blade will not just provide greater cutting capacity, but it will also add more weight to your unit. Generally, you should also find blades between 20 inches to 24 inches.
Another thing to consider every time you purchase this tool is who’ll utilize it. Usually, a power tool that utilizes will be much heavier than electric and battery powered tools. Thus, it’s better to consider your wife and kids from time to time when you’re looking for lighter tools.
It’s always a good thing that you check the warranty of the product, especially if it’s a gas engine. Warranty length ranges from two to seven years. You can also inquire for an extended warranty for its moving parts.
What is your purpose of buying a hedge trimmer? Is it for prickly bushes or big and thick briars? Whether you need for small trees, for tall hedges, or ornamental grass, always opt for a more powerful engine. If you’d require it to last all throughout the day, choose those with bigger a gas tank.
What To Remember When Using Gas Hedge Trimmer?
The following are a few reminders when using the best gas hedge trimmer:
1. Safety First
Safety is the top priority in all DIY programs. Remember that you are wielding sharp cutting tools that might cause you an injury. You must protect yourself at all times. Wear a pair of goggles to prevent any small piece of solid from getting into your eyes. Choose a pair of gloves and protective helmet that are specifically for trimming.
If you are cutting a tall and large tree, use a sturdy ladder that has a firm attachment to the ground. All of us don’t want to have an injury from falling. If you don’t want to follow the safety first measures, don’t do it yourself. You better call a professional tree trimmer to do it to you.
2. Always Keep It Clean
Cleanliness is next to efficiency. This is the main rule of thumb when the blade is involved. When a hedge is trimmed, sap is formed on the blades. The sap sets hard like glue. Thus, it’s imperative that you’ll always clean it.
The key in beautiful shrub trimming is all about your cutting. Avoid cutting branches nearly to the trunk of the trees. When the branch is removed, the healthy skin will be torn from the base of the tree and might backfire to you. This is a very risky move. Remove all the dead branches and secure that you didn’t leave any. Find a good position by cutting the neck of the branch, which leaves a bit of its end piece.
4. When To Trim
Most of the shrubs can be trimmed at any time of the year. You can choose your own date when to trim or just when you are in the mood. If the plant that you want to trim is a fruit-bearing one, it is suggested to do it in fall months.
5. Main Branches
Don’t ever cut a major branch all by yourself. These branches are bigger, and it also has a larger risk of accidents and injuries. Professionals and experts should handle major branches by using their professional tools and equipment. This job is for them because just as mentioned earlier, it is very dangerous.
Trimming hedges is a fun and exciting activity to do, but you should keep in your mind that this is not really a job for anyone, especially for those who don’t have any experience or knowledge.
Maintenance is an essential aspect of several horticulture concerns. It is important not to overlook this particular matter. With the best gas hedge trimmer, you can definitely do this. The gas hedge trimmer units mentioned above are particularly tailored for heavy-duty trimming. They are all reliable, fast, and powerful.
Though, I will personally recommend Husqvarna 122HD60 as the best hedge trimmer for home use. This can certainly take the trimming job for you. While it doesn’t have the most intriguing name, but its power is remarkable. It is so easy to use and lightweight with minimal sound output, making it the perfect choice for light trimming in your home.
More importantly, beyond its length, its blade can make approximately 4,050 cuts every minute, which allows it to slice twigs more than 4/4 inch thick. What’s more surprising about this tool is its Smart Start feature. This uses an air purge system within its carburetor to start in no time but lesser effort.
Thank you for spending some time reading this article! Help spread the word!
You might like this: