Best Cat Repellent Spray Indoor and Outdoor Products 2017: Your Guide To Buying The Best Brands
Your ultimate guide on the best cat repellents for gardens. Here, you’ll find the cheapest and the most effective best cat repellent spray indoor and outdoor.
Sure, our cats are the love of our lives, but when they make the whole house their litter box, that’s like taking advantage of us. We should know more than our cats. After all, they’re just innocent little creatures. The moment we take them in, we become their sole caretakers. Cat ownership comes with several challenges. Aside from training them to behave and caring for their general health, the worst part is when you deal with waste disposal and cleaning. The good thing is that there are many products that make life much easier. For the cat owners, repellents should be one of the items to get. Here are some reviews of the best cat repellent spray for gardens:
Top 5 Best Cat Repellent on The Market
There are just moments when our cats think that it’s okay to pee on the indoor plants. While this act is forgivable, it is still best to clean their waste and urine immediately. A quick wipe on the area will not suffice as cat urine gives off a strong odor when left unattended. Luckily, this repellent can do wonders instantly. With just a single spray, this enzyme-powered liquid will eliminate not only the odor but the stains as well.
- This is gentle to use because it doesn’t have chlorine. It’s not only safer for your pets but children too.
- It is filled with enzymatic bacteria that respond when on contact, making it a fast acting solution for ammonia crystals – a substance abundant in urine.
- Its formula is designed for all types of surfaces, which makes it a great item for indoor and outdoor usage. Because it’s certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute, your carpets aren’t an inclusion as well.
- The enzymatic bacteria need prolonged exposure to the affected areas, especially when it’s already stained for a long time. You’ll have to wait for a period of time to get the best results.
- Especially when you apply a large quantity of the liquid on the floor, the drying process can take a lot of time. It can get slippery, so you need to keep a watch over who’s walking in the area.
- Its soapy quality can attract dust and other particles that can hamper the cleaning. It’s best to sweep or vacuum the spot, especially when the area is located on a carpet.
One of the best cat repellent for yards items, this Pet Stain and Odor Removers is an effective solution that can eliminate your cat’s waste residue. Aside from that, it can also save you from a lot of embarrassing moments when visitors come by. Because it has a mild solution, it’s safe for furniture and carpets. If you prefer a natural repellent, this is a better alternative than the stronger industrial types.
- This is 100% natural, so it is not dangerous for your pets, children, and your household items. Each granule of ingredients used in this item is proven to be safe for use.
- It completely removes odor and stain as it contains a Bio-Enzymatic Plant Based Cleaning technology.
- You wouldn’t have to worry about ruining the quality of your house items. This solution is harmless for any kind of fabric and upholstery which is excellent for furniture and pet cradles.
- Application on the area where your cat chooses to urinate should be done liberally and frequently. Repeated exposure is needed in order to take effect.
- The spray bottle can get dented, so it usually gets broken with heavy handling.
- Constant use on white carpets can affect its coloring. To prevent this from occurring, it’s better if you apply warm soapy water after each use.
If you own dozens of cats, the chances are that you wouldn’t be able to notice all the spots where your cats urinate. In this situation, a strong repellent is needed to minimize your cat’s bad behavior. This is considered as one of the best cat repellent spray formulas since it can erase even the oldest stains you have. With this, you wouldn’t have to worry about the stubborn smells and stains on your carpets, garden beds fences, furniture, and other places in the house.
- With its professional strength liquid, the bacteria that cause the odor are instantly attacked. Thus, it neutralizes the odor of the area.
- Odor elimination is purely dealt with. Some repellents only cover the bad smells, but this repellent spray actually targets the cause of the odor.
- Can repel your cats from urinating on the same spot once you apply a generous amount.
- Because of its tough formula, a huge amount of this can smell way quite artificial and strong. This can be much for some, and it can leave the room a bit stuffy when not properly ventilated
- Remember to wear your gloves when using it as frequent skin contact might result in irritation when used without any form of protection like gloves.
- People sensitive to chemicals might have allergic reactions when overly exposed. But if you are not among these people, it is okay to use it.
Cat owners cannot get away with the frustrations of having their pets soil at random places in their home and yard. This is even worse for owners who have cats with bladder problems or are too old. However, we love them regardless of their bad habits. In the end, it’s always us that need to find ways to eliminate these issues at home. This formula is certainly the best cat repellent spray remover that you can have. Its solution is not only made up of a mild solution, but it’s also effective even on the most stubborn stains you can think of.
- There are no harsh chemicals included in the making of this spray. Manufacturers only use an enzyme-based formula that is non-toxic to the surroundings.
- This is perfect for outdoor settings too. The harsh weather outside does not create a chemical reaction once you apply the substance on the affected area. This makes it great for yards and other gardening items like test kits and grow tents.
- This is not only applicable for cats, but you can also use this on a variety of animals too. Moreover, because it’s a mild formula, your pets and children are safe when exposed.
- This type of remover gives off a quite strong odor due to its ingredients. Enclosed spaces should be ventilated as the odor tends to overcome the place.
- The repelling effect does not last that long, so regular spraying needs to be done if you want to ward off your cats.
Keep your cats and other house pets from wandering past their litter boxes. While your pets are innocent as can be, having them make a mess around your place can be really embarrassing and wearisome. Luckily, the best cat repellent spray remover is already available on the market. One of these reliable products is from Petseer. This is known for its quick results in removing old stains and incredibly strong smells.
- The bacteria contained in this spray have a bio-enzyme formula that makes cleaning quick and efficient. This can’t only be used for cat urine, but it is also proven useful for other organic wastes like cat vomit or feces.
- You can apply this solution to almost anything without damaging it.
- This product comes with two eBooks about dealing with your pets. It mostly talks about pet training and the proper ways to eliminate their wastes.
- You will need more than a single spray to make your cat stay away from the area.
- When the smell of the cat urine is too strong, the spray alone will not be able to eliminate the odor completely.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Repellents?
Getting the best cat repellent spray for yards formulas can help you in many ways. Here are some reasons why you should get one now:
Let’s face it; you certainly don’t have the entire day to watch over your cat make a mistake. These formulas are designed to make your life easier. It’s a convenient product that repels your cat and any outsider animals to leave a mark in inappropriate places.
Your house is not only for your cats; this is also where you place your important things. Imagine letting your cats lose and take over your expensive things! With a repellent, you will not only train them to use the litter box, but you are also protecting your valuables from being soiled and ruined.
Not all cats are vaccinated and protected from parasites. Some wild cats might leave a mark on your house, so you’ll have to repel them. Not warding them off would sometimes bring sickness in your household.
Step-By-Step Guide For Using These Repellents
This list of the best cat repellent spray formulas usually has the same methods in terms of usage. This step-by-step guide is suggested for better results:
- Step 1
Locate the area where there is cat urine or waste.
- Step 2
As much as possible, remove the excess wastes in any way. You can sweep or pick up the solid waste and soak the urine on paper towels. The more excess removed, the better results you’d get.
- Step 3
Pour several ounces of warm water over the affected area until the surface becomes watery.
- Step 4
Throw some paper towels over the surface and absorb as much water as you can.
- Step 5
Repeat this process for 2 to 3 times. This is necessary since your aim is to remove as much of the odor of the urine or waste.
- Step 6
Apply your chosen repellent over the area according to its direction given. Make sure that it covers the affected area entirely.
- Step 7
If the repellent you are using has an enzymatic formula, give it time to absorb. Usually, this would take an hour or two, but some products require lesser time.
- Step 8
Once done, extract the repellent excess in the area. For floorings, you can mop off the excess with a cloth or mop. You can also use domestic pressure washer when cleaning the basement and garage. If the area is on a carpet, furniture, or on an absorbent material, you’ll have to wash or wipe this with warm soapy water and let it dry outside. It’s important that you’re exposing your items out in the open since the odor of the chemicals might be too strong for you.
- Step 9
If you’ve completely dried the affected area, inspect by smelling or even vacuuming the surface just to make sure that there is no more odor.
- Step 10
If your first try would fail, try rewashing the affected area. Repetition can successfully eliminate the odor.
Our cats are an adorable bunch of fur balls that take away our stress. However, there are moments when they are the reason why we’re screaming. Despite attempts of spanking these felines, we always end up feeling guilty over these thoughts. No matter how angry we get, we always forgive them because this isn’t entirely their fault to begin with. The only we can do is to train these pets and use effective products for the betterment of everyone.
Personally, I prefer to use the Petseer Spray because it comes with two eBooks which are incredibly informative and helpful. It also has a bio-enzyme formula which removes stains efficiently. It is also proven mild, which makes it safe for all types of fabric, material, or furniture. Lastly, it is recommended for carpets and rugs.
I hope that with this guide, you will be able to choose a repellent that you prefer. Leave a comment or share this article if you agree!
You might like this: