Best Propane Fire Pit For The Money Reviews 2018
Fire pits are an excellent source of heat in your garden. Find out some of the best propane fire pit for the money and learn how you can choose yours.
Propane fire pits are such a wonderful invention. You can use them to provide you warmth as you sit on your patio during a cold winter evening. You can also use them in your garden as you share some barbeque with your friends, creating a camping-style ambiance.
However, fire pits are more than just accessories to keep you warm. They bring your family or friends closer together. Hence, if you don’t have your own propane fire pit, now is definitely the time to get the best propane fire pit. With a propane fire pit for heat, you won’t only have an excellent spot to stay warm, it will also serve as a decorative piece in your garden or patio.
Top 5 Best Propane Fire Pit For The Money
Without further ado, here is our list of 5 best propane fire pits in the market. Also, keep in mind that our selection includes affordable products that are worth under 500 dollars. They are as follows:
Next, we have the GS-F-PC propane fire pit from AZ Patio Heaters featuring an antique bronze finish. This bronze finished fire pit comes in a square cabinet shape design. AZ Patio is known for manufacturing some of the most popular yet affordable fire pit tables on the market, and this is one of the top choices out there. It also serves as a functional table with plenty of room to eat or drink.
- It comes with integrated Piezo ignition for instant flames and quick adjustments.
- It features a 40,000 BTU heat output to keep you warm all year round.
- It is CSA approved to guarantee your safety.
- It has an antique bronze finish for an antique look and feel.
- The paint can easily get tarnished.
- It is too heavy to move by yourself (product weighs a total of 101 pounds).
- The assembly will take a lot of time.
The Endless Summer GAD860SP Fire Pit by Blue Rhino is an excellent addition to your house as far as heating capacity and design is concerned. Its wide tabletop offers you a lot of space to put a few cups of coffee or a few drinks. Moreover, its beautifully designed marble slate top will surely add more aesthetic value to your garden. The product offers great value for your money, not to mention it is made from superior quality materials to make it very durable.
- It features a heating capacity of 40,000 BTUs for excellent and cozy heating.
- The intricate design has a slate and marble tabletop.
- It comes with a hidden control panel to allow you to adjust the heating strength depending on your needs.
- It has an electronic multi-spark ignition system for quick and easy lighting.
- It features a superior construction made from durable materials designed to withstand constant wear and tear.
- The assembly process is complicated.
- It is too heavy at 162 pounds.
- The metal sheet is too thin, probably one of the reasons for its low price
The Blue Fire Glass outdoor propane gas fire pit from Blue Rhino is a modern fire pit featuring coated steel base walls that are joined together to form a box shape. On one side, you can find a door, which grants easy access to the propane tank and the control panel. The top comes with a mantle featuring a mosaic slate design while the fire bowl features blue rocks for an elegant and cool-looking effect.
- It comes with 30,000 BTUs of heat output, which is enough to keep you warm.
- It has a safety valve and Piezo ignition system for quick and easy lighting.
- It has a great look with its blue fire glass and mosaic slot tabletop design.
- It is easy to assemble and weighs only 68 pounds.
- It has a very affordable price.
- The heat output is not as high as its competitors.
- Some customers said that the product takes a bit of time to get lit.
- The materials are too thin, so they could bend slightly here and there.
The Endless Summer LG Gas Fire Bowl from Blue Rhino comes with a weather resistant stainless steel mantel, which improves its durability and gives it a premium look and feel. Its decorative base is also designed to keep the propane tank hidden along with the control panel. The product has a heating capacity of 30,000 BTUs, allowing you and your friends or family to enjoy the cozy warmth while outdoors.
- It features a 30,000 BTUs heat output, which is enough to provide you and your family with cozy warmth.
- It uses LP gas; therefore, there’s no need for you to stock wood or even clean up ashes anymore.
- It has quality look and design with its neutral gray color, making it a very versatile decorative piece.
- It is quick and easy to assemble.
- It weighs only 50 pounds, making it the best propane fire pit for its weight.
- Its lower heat output doesn’t produce a lot of heat as compared to the other products in this list.
- Some customers complained about issues in getting it lit.
- Since it uses liquid propane, you have to purchase an air mixer for a clean and bright flame.
Why Use a Propane Fire Pit?
Compared to a regular campfire, a fire pit is built to contain the fire; hence, it is designed in a way that it can contain most of the fire underground. However, there are several types of fire pits, so why go for a propane fire pit instead? Here are a few reasons why:
Easy To Refuel
If you use a wood fire pit, you will need to chop down branches. Meanwhile, you only need to refuel your propane tank if you use a propane fire pit. Moreover, the fuel is really cheap and readily available at any major store or gas station.
Another reason why you should go for a propane fire pit is that you can have better control of the heat. In fact, you can control the amount of fuel that reaches the fire, as well as the warmth based on your preference.
No Foul Smell
Using wood fire pits will result in the unwanted smell which is really uncomfortable, especially if you are planning to hang around with your friends or family near the propane fire pit and chairs for some time. This can be avoided by using propane fire pit, considering that it doesn’t emit any foul smell.
Very Easy To Use
If you’re looking for a user-friendly fire pit, you should consider using a propane pit. Most of the products in the market, particularly the ones included in this list, have push-button controls which make operating the ignition really easy. You can even adjust the heat anytime you want.
It Offers Great Aesthetic Value
Aside from functionality, propane fire pits also provide excellent aesthetic value to your dream garden. They’ve become so popular that it’s becoming more common for people to buy a fire pit of their own.
Buyer’s Guide To Choosing The Best Propane Fire Pit
In this section, we are going to talk about what factors you have to consider when you purchase your own propane fire pit, especially if it’s your first time doing so. Basically, you have to consider the following:
1. Heat Output
A propane fire pit’s heat output, which is measured in BTU (British Thermal Units), determines how much heat it is capable of producing. The higher the amount simply means the more heat it can create. While it’s common to go for a product with the highest heat output, you have to think about your available space and the amount of cold you’re expecting. For small gatherings, purchasing a portable fire pit with 20,000 BTU should do the job. However, once the temperature reaches sub-freezing, it would be a good idea to double that number.
The fire pits mentioned in this review are all above 30,000 BTUs, meaning each of them is capable of providing you enough heat all year round.
Another thing to consider is the size of the place where you plan to use your propane fire pit. Taking this factor into account will help you decide the dimensions of the fire pit you plan to use. Most products in the market have a diameter, ranging from 20 to 45 inches. However, you can also find options that have at least 20 inches if you need a smaller one. If your garden space or lawn is limited, it’s a good idea to choose a smaller pit to accommodate enough room for people to move around.
The choice of material used in building the fire pit is an important factor to consider since it will reflect its overall quality. Essentially, it will influence its overall functionality, durability, and appearance. A fire pit made of stone is one of the most common choices; however, it is quite heavy to move from place to place.
A stainless steel fire pit is also another popular choice since it is capable of lasting for a long period of time, not to mention it is resistant to rust and rain.
Before you purchase a propane fire pit, ask yourself this – what do I need the fire pit for? Do you plan to use it as a decorative piece? If so, choose one that comes with an elegant design. Do you want to use it for gatherings with your friends or family? Then go for a large-sized one. If you plan to use it for camping, then going for a portable propane fire pit would be an ideal choice.
One of the things you need to consider when purchasing a propane fire pit is its style. One of the most popular styles for a fire pit is a table pit. Not only can it be used as a fire pit, it also functions as a normal table where you can place your foods and drinks. Meanwhile, there are also fire pits that come in circle shapes which often serve as decorative pieces. A wise choice would be to match your fire pit’s style with the theme of your garden or even your home’s overall look.
Safety is without a doubt one of the most important factors to consider when buying a fire pit. You also have to consider the spot where you plan to place your fire pit. Make sure it is free from any clutter which could easily start a fire. It’s also a good idea to keep your fire extinguisher ready just in case unexpected fires break out. As always, make sure to purchase only the best propane fire pit from a reliable manufacturer.
Propane fire pits come in different sizes, shapes, features, and styles. Personally, I would recommend the fire pit table from Endless Summer Fire Pit with Slate/Marble Mantel because of its high heat output and secondly, because of its premium look. Despite being the most expensive one in this list, it’s definitely worth every penny (I can guarantee).
But then again, your choice of the best propane fire pit will ultimately boil down to your personal preferences. Hopefully, you can find the information you need to make your buying decision a lot easier through this review.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. Also, please let us know your thoughts, and don’t forget to share this with your friends!