Best High Lift Mower Blades: When To Use It Instead of Mulching Blades?
Want to know what sets apart high lift mower blades from mulching blades? What are the top-rated high lift mower blades available in the market today? Find out everything here!
Due to the fact that lawns are growing at a very fast rate, mowing becomes a really important and popular practice when it comes to caring for your lawn. However, despite its popularity and importance, there are still many people who overlooked the necessity of mowing.
However, a lawn mower is useless without a mower blade. Of course, you have to have the right tools and equipment to get your desired result, and owning the appropriate high lift mower is just one of the considerations. Some of the best-known lawn mower manufacturers are John Deere, Cub Cadet, and Dixie Chopper. The blades from these manufacturers are quite popular and commonly used in large real estate properties, not to mention that they are priced double than most brands. However, if you only want to buy a lawn mower blade for your small garden and for home use, we’ve compiled some of the best mid-range high lift lawn mower blades below. To lessen your burden in searching the best high lift mower to use, check out our list of the best high lift mower blades on the market today:
Top Picks Of The Best High Lift Mower Blades
As what the name of the product suggests, this product is manufactured from the USA. It is one of the perfect OEMs replacement mower blades that are specifically made for models 942-0616, 942-616A, 112-0315, 742-616A, 742-0616A, 742-0616, 942-0616A, 942-04126, and 742-04126. To make sure that the blade will perfectly suit a specific mower, always check the measurements and part number matching the previous blade.
- This two-piece mower blade gives you efficient and clean cuts.
- It is a great replacement for different models.
- It has a reasonable price.
- It also works for mulching applications.
- It is also compatible with Toro LX426.
- A few users complained about issues on delivery such as wrong item delivery and delay on shipment.
- It doesn’t have a very sharp edge (cutting surface side).
Packed in two, this 42-inch high lift blade package can replace your old and rusty, old blades with better ones. It’s suitable for 42 inches tractor decks. It measures approximately 23 inches long and 3 inches wide, making it a great tool for mowing and mulching.
- This product has a sharp, working blades.
- It has a standard dimension of 23 inches long, 3 inches wide and 1 inch thick, which most people refer due to the efficiency and neatness in terms of grass cutting.
- It is a well-crafted product from the USA and has a sturdy design.
- It doesn’t clog even when mulching wet grass.
- Some users claimed that the product wears quickly.
Specifically designed for Yard Machines, Huskee, Troy-Bilt, Yard-Man, as well as Bolens, this 42-inches high lift blade set is good as advertised. The entire set is amazing, starting from how it works to the sharpness of the blades particularly when it comes to creating a well-manicured lawn you’ve been dreaming of. It’s the perfect alternative for O.E # 942-04308, 742-04308.
- It does its work efficiently as stated, which a lot of its users love about the product.
- It can be installed easily that even beginners can finish without hassle.
- This product greatly helps the grass not to stick into the deck.
- It is compatible with most brands, making it one of the best high lift mower blades in town.
- It has a good price.
- There are users who didn’t like its thin metals. According to reports, they bend easily.
Loaded with two sets of sharp blades, this Murray 42 Inch High Lift Blade Sets can significantly help you create a lovely lawn. Its blades are known to hold high lifts tailored for bagging. Not only that, it also measures approximately .852 inches. What’s great about this product is that the blades are being hardened by approximately 25% to 40% as compared to other lawn mower blades out there.
- It works perfectly, earning a good rating from its reviews.
- It is good for heavy-duty work or lawn mowing operations.
- It has great high-lift and sturdy blades.
- In addition to that, Murray blades are specifically made to last longer and cut better.
- More importantly, it has a high tolerance to tightness and has an incomparable bending assistance.
- This product is designed only for mowing.
The USA Mower Blades Standard High Lift has a wonderful look with extraordinary service when you use it in your yard. Featuring five-point star design for the center hole. This only denotes that it can suit walk-behind mowers. Moreover, the five-star can make the installation easier on these mowers.
- It has a good quality.
- Its blades perform well.
- It comes with a great price.
- The thing here is, this product can be used with AYP, Ariens, Husqvarna, Craftsman, Poulan, McCulloch, and Viking. Thus, it is crucial to know first if it fits on a specific model to prevent any inconveniences.
- Measuring 12 inches, 2 ¼ inches wide and 0.14 inch thick, this replacement blade is perfect for weeds and neat grass cutting.
- Finally, it is made from the USA, so rest assured that is worth the purchase.
- It may not fit for other lawn mower brands and models (except the ones mentioned above).
Why Opt For High Lift Mower Blades Rather Than Mulching Blades?
People often think that lawn mower blades are just the same – which is not true at all. The fact is, there are three types of lawn mower blades, namely:
- Standard medium lift mower blades
- Mulching lawn mower blades
- High lift lawn mower blades
1. Standard Medium Lift Lawn Mower Blades
Lawn mowers commonly come with a standard medium lift blades. These are blades with a little upward angle at the back edges of the blade. This upward angle allows an airflow pattern, which is perfect for the standard discharge of all grass. If you need the perfect cutting tool for tall grass in your yard, then this can do the trick for you. You don’t need to worry anymore about the little clump of grass every now and then.
2. High Lift Lawn Mower
Meanwhile, high lift lawn mower produces a different pattern of airflow. This helps assist in bagging the clippings. Moreover, you can identify these blades through its more drastic upward angle at the back part of the blade. This feature aids in propelling the clippings through the chute into the bag’s back. This helps reduce frustration and clogging.
If bagging is a method of cutting that you do not particularly like, there is still another option in which the heavy bags and clumps will be resolved.
3. Mulching Lawn Mower Blades
Meanwhile, mulching blades feature an elongated cutting edge. This cutting edge lets you cut the overgrown grass into small pieces. Thus, this reduces the clumps, which is typically common after working in your yard.
Of these three types of mower blades, the high lift has an incomparable suction action that discharges the clippings out of the deck through a greater force than what mulching or low-lift can offer. Also, bagging these leaves, and grass clipping will require less effort than manually mowing and raking them to collect leaves and clippings for composting.
7 Mistakes You Should Avoid When Purchasing High Lift Lawn Mower Blade Online
If you are a gardener or simply a person who loves the sight of a lush and green yard, then you’ll never let a single day pass by without sitting in front of your computer to catch the best online deals for gardening tools and accessories like mower blade, sprinkler, lawn sweeper, etc. There are numerous online shops that offer a variety of tools, and some even offer discounts and freebies.
However, buying or purchasing guitar online can also come with various risks. There are numbers of precautions that you have to consider if you don’t want to end up regretting when you already purchased the wrong one. Here are some of the mistakes that one must avoid when purchasing lawn mower blade online:
1. Prioritizing The Appearance Instead Of Quality
Quality is one of the most important aspects in any instrumental products. Unfortunately, it is mostly being overlooked by many. Sometimes, people give more importance to the appearance and physical appeal over its quality because they believe that appearance can transpire or supersede the quality of the product, which is a very wrong practice! Looks can easily be remediated.
2. Purchasing a Guitar That Doesn’t Have Any Support Material
Any lawn mower blade— may it be standard or high lift— must come with a manual on how to use it properly and safely. But indeed, lack of support materials is a big problem, especially for first-time users.
3. Opting For Well-known Brands & Names
Many online buyers get caught up with the popularity of some well-known brands. This leaves them paying so much for a product that is far beyond their means/needs. In reality, not all popular brands can ensure quality. Often, you can find better price & higher quality to lesser-known brands.
4. Choosing The Wrong Size
Sometimes people tend to look for lawn mower blades without them looking at the information details of the instrument (ex. details like the size, features, weight, etc.). So for you to avoid buying the wrong one, do not disregard the information and details that are associated with the product, especially when you have several prospective online sources.
5. Choosing For High-priced Tools
Many customers believe that the higher the price of a lawn mower blade, the better the quality. This is the common mentality of almost every customers. However, reading several reviews and asking for recommendations from your friends will help you choose the best high lift mower blades that best suit your lawn preferences.
How To Sharpen Your Blades Between Replacements?
In between replacements, it is important that you always sharpen your blades. How can you do this? It’s easy as 1-2-3! First and foremost, prepare the tools as follows:
- Protective gloves
- Socket wrench, which fits the bolts right on your blade
- A blade-sharpening stone, file, or simply a grinder
- Balancing tool
As soon as you detach the blade, look for any damage. If it is dented, badly nicked, or bent, you just need to find another one and replace it. Don’t forget to replace the old blade. In case it is just dull, you can simply place a new edge on it through a grinding tool, a metal file, or a sharpening stone. Then. you can start sharpening one side after the other.
When you got it right, utilize the balancer. Heavier side means you need to file more. Once done, mount your blade to test it. If you don’t have enough time (as well as energy), you can ask some reputable shops to do the job for you.
To conclude, MTD Genuine Parts— High Lift Blade Set (For Mowers 2010 Model and After) is the winner of the roundup! Apart from having an excellent quality control, this amazing lawn mower blade provides an exceptional bagging experience, which makes it the best high lift mower blades for daily use. I love it! It greatly reduced my gardening efforts!
Thank you for spending some time reading the whole article. Inspire other people too through liking and sharing this!
You may also read: