In the past, we used to haul and reel the hoses with our elbows and hands and spend the day tending the garden with a sore muscle as aftermath. Although now, we don’t have to endure this tedious routine of using our hoses from the garage down to the patio or green backyards of our home. So, yes hose reels carts exist, but it can be really difficult to choose one. Especially if you are not familiarised with the topic. In light of that, I brought in front of you the top 5 Best Garden Hose Reels Carts!
S0, say goodbye to manually haul your hoses from your garden shed. Also, say goodbye to sore elbows and a sore back from moving your hoses from one side to another of your house. Now, with the best garden hose reel in your arsenal, hauling your water hose to different parts of your yard can be easy and fun. Not to mention that you’ll find that tending your garden can actually be a more pleasurable experience.
In addition, before we begin, here is another article that might interest you. Therefore, if you’re looking for the best way to store and protect your garden hose from breakage and puncture, 5 Best Retractable Hose Reels Reviews is your winner article!
Top 5 Best Garden Hose Reels Reviews
If you are not sure about which reel would fit your garden needs, here are some of the best garden hose reels that you should definitely check out. First of all, I’d like to mention that we read a lot of reviews before assembling this guide. Also, the customers’ comments were something that we definitely take into consideration. Finally, my last input was the personal opinion, considering I’m an enthusiastic gardener myself.
So, you can inspire by this article with confidence. Let’s begin!
This wall-mount garden hose reel is one of the best garden hose reels as it receives a 4.9-star rating from all its users. The said garden hose reel can hold up at least 150 feet of 5/8 hose. It also comes with a 6-foot-long rubber water inlet hose with crush-proof brass fitting, making the said reel sturdy and heavy-duty.
It also comes with mounting hardware which is tailor-made for this wall-mount reel. Unlike the other Rapid Reel products, this reel cost is a lot cheaper than most average hose reels.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- Its brackets are made from the best aluminum materials.
- It has galvanized brass fittings, making it very sturdy.
- It comes with manual brakes to stop the hose from unrolling.
- It is easy to install.
- It comes with Allen wrenches for assembling the reels.
- It is cheaper compared to the other Rapid Reel products
- It comes with a 10-Year No Leak, No Break warranty
- It does not have a hose guide, so you have to figure out how to work around with the hose.
This cart-like garden hose reel is considered to be one of the best garden hose reels in the market. It had garnered 4.7 stars out of 5 from its users. So, the Rapid Reel Two Wheel Garden Hose Reels stands about 23 x 20 x 10.8 inches. Moreover, it is equipped with a brass swivel and a cam-lever break. It is also equipped with two heavy-duty wheels for mobility.
- It is heavy duty. Also, it is made from the best rust-proof material.
- It has a 10-year no leakage warranty
- Moreover, it is easy to transport from one place to another. The wheels are also durable; you don’t have to worry about the wheels getting flat.
- It comes with a full-palm reel handle for easy rewinding.
- The brass swivel has a 3/4 diameter opening to allow maximum water flow capacity.
- It has a 5/8 feeder hose which is made from weather-resistant rubber.
- Not to mention, it has a reel brake to stop the hose from unwinding.
- Finally, it comes with Allen wrenches for assembling the reels.
- Unfortunatelly, it does not have a hose guide.
- It is a bit expensive indeed.
- Last but not least, it doesn’t come with a shelf for the nozzle accessories.
This best garden hose reel is named one of the best due to its antique design and very affordable price. It is also made from the best non-rust aluminum with a 125-feet hose capacity. The said metal reel comes with a little tray above the reel to give it a classier finish, but make no mistake, this fashionable feature can also function as added storage if you need to temporarily store your pruning shears or extra hose nozzle as you work.
Aside from its sturdy and beautiful built, this reel stretches about 15x 22.8x 15. inches, fully assembled. It has a smooth, powdered finish. It also comes with a 5-feet leader hose to easily connect with your other collapsible garden hoses.
- Fully assembled upon purchase
- All Brass/Galvanized Fittings
- It is durable and heavy duty.
- It has a warranty.
- It does not have a mounting hardware. You need to purchase it separately.
- You need to change the swivel every 6 months to avoid leakage.
- The leader hose keeps spinning
- The warranty does not cover the swivel and other parts of the reel.
The Suncast RSW125D Aquawinder is truly one of the best garden hose reels because of its automatic hose reel. You don’t need to rewind the garden hose into the reel manually. All you have to do is flip the lever, and the hose will immediately rewind itself into the reel. It has a Smart Trak capacity that allows the hose to rewind evenly into the reel. This automatic hose reel comes in a classy-looking box that hides away the hose and adds aesthetic value to your patio or garden; you’ll never find a more convenient water hose reel that combines form and function than this.
The box-like reel is covered in resin with a leader and discharges the hose which is attached to it. It comes fully assembled, and you can use it immediately as soon as you receive the reel. It also comes with a free garden stake.
- It is fully assembled when you purchase it.
- It is easy to use.
- Smooth transition when you rewind the hose automatically into the reel
- It has a good design.
- It has a warranty.
- This is not applicable for a thicker and heavier garden hose.
- You have to change some of its plastic parts every year.
Because of its durability and cost-effective pricing that has attracted many people, this Liberty garden hose reel cart is a coveted one and is considered the best garden hose reel by many. It is made from galvanized brass equipped with two pairs of rubber wheels to prevent the cart hose reel from tipping towards the ground. It can hold up to 300 feet of a 5/8-inch hose.
This product is not just for home use but also perfect for professional and commercial use. It also comes with a 5-foot water inlet for hose connections. It keeps the hose winded up neatly when they are not in use.
- It is perfect for professional/commercial garden/landscaping needs.
- Features 13 gauge steel construction, durable powder coat finish that is weather resistant, Brass/galvanized fixtures, 90 degree brass swivel connector.
- Its low center of gravity helps prevents tipping. It also has 4-10″ pneumatic tires.
- It holds up to 300-feet of 5/8-inch hose (hose not included). Also, it a has non-slip handle.
- The hose is not included in the price.
- It is kind of heavy (16.3 kg).
Why Use Garden Hose Reels?
So, using hose reels makes it easier for us nowadays. We don’t have to carry the garden hoses back to the garage. Also, we don’t have to worry about getting our legs tangled from the heaps of hoses in our open-space area. Therefore, many manufacturers had started to make these reels in order to provide an easier working process around every nook and cranny of our patio.
With the reels around, we can easily work on some of the gardening activities without having problems with the water pressure; plus, we don’t have to worry about tripping from time to time.
7 Different Kinds of Hose Reels
Before buying your reels, here are the different kinds of reels that you might consider. Keep in mind that each reel has a different specification and uses to address different gardening needs.
1. Stationary Hose Reels
- First of all, stationary hose reels are the most basic hose reels.
- Usually, you have to rewind the hose manually into the reel.
- They often come in a simple design.
- Also, many stationary hose reels often come at low prices because they are made with plastic. However, manufacturers have started making stainless steel stationary hose reels.
- Wall-mount hose reels are good examples of stationary reels and are best used if you have a small nearby area to water.
2. Hose Reel Carts
- Next, hose reel carts are easier to use as compared to the other hose reels.
- They are designed like a cart, and they often have wheels on them.
- Moreover, they often come in a table-like design and are usually equipped with a storage compartment for the water nozzles.
3. Hideaway Hose Reels
- These hose reels are often wall-mounted or free-standing.
- They are usually designed like a box. So, because of their design, the hose reels are hidden inside the box.
- These hideaway hose reels have a detachable hand crank which can be used to rewind the hose into the reel.
- However, you can remove it after you have finished rewinding the hose inside the reel.
4. Air Hose Reels
- Air hose reels can be wall-mounted, stationary, or portable reels.
- Also, this type of reel often comes with a quick connect feature for hoses and other power tools.
- They are often found in garages, gas stations, and maintenance and repair centers.
- Additionally, they can also be installed in your workshop or garage as an occasional air compressor.
5. Decorative Hose Reels
- Also, decorative hose reels are often wall-mounted.
- They are often used with a crank to rewind the hose into the reel.
- Moreover, they mostly come in different types of design to match any type of landscaping design.
- Most of the time these hose reels are light-weight and use lighter hoses. They are not meant for heavy use.
- They are often used as decorations, which sometimes defeat their purpose, but if you only have a small garden near the wall where you intend to mount your decorative reel this could be the best option for you.
6. Mobile or Portable Hose Reels
- This type of hose is built and designed like an upright hand dolly or like a hand truck.
- This type of reel uses a manual crank to rewind the hoses into the reel.
- They can be pushed around with the use of a sturdy caster or well-made rubber wheels.
7. Spring-loaded Hose Reels
- This kind of reel comes in a variety of designs and types. The designs are made for easy and quick retraction of the water hose.
- This type of reel uses a spring-loaded retraction system. The mechanism allows the reels to rewind and retract the hose into the reel quickly.
- Spring-loaded hose reels are often expensive, depending on the brand and design.
- If you have specific needs, you can also opt for custom-designed hose reels such as those made by Hannay. Hannay reels may not be on our list, but they are one of the most dependable reels in the industry.
How To Choose The Best Garden Hose Reel
Furthermore, when choosing the best garden hose reel, there are certain things that you need to consider:
Do You Use The Garden Hose in One Place?
If you are only using your garden hose in one place, the best garden hose reel for you are the wall-mount ones. You can get a wall-mounted spinning reel, such as those made by Liberty, that rotates to a full 360 degrees to allow you the freedom to move around the garden without entangling your hose.
It helps you keep your garden hose in one place. The reel can be used as your holder, like a cord storage reel that stays in one place. It also helps drain the water out of the hose once you rewind them.
Are Looks Important?
The looks or appearance of the hose reel is only secondary to its performance. If the looks are important to you, the best garden hose reel for you is the decorative ones. They are often wall-mounted and come in a rust-resistant finish that is able to withstand the elements while giving your patio or garden a beautiful look. Also, they are made from steel and other metal materials with a powdered touch finish to prevent rust and corrosion from destroying the aesthetics of your decorative garden hose reel.
Are Rust And Corrosion A Concern?
Rust and Corrosion are one of the biggest problems that most garden hose reels are often faced with. It is safer to get a stainless-steel garden hose reel to avoid rust and corrosion. This is the best garden hose reel for places with high saline content in the air.
Is It a Portable Water Hose?
For people living in RVs, boats, and other uses, the best garden hose reel is a reel certified by the Drinking Water System Component by the UL. They are the best manufacturers of safe drinking water hose reels ideally used for hose storage in boats and buses. They say that the key to getting the right reels depends on what kind of hose that you choose.
What Is the Best Garden Hose Reels Cart
Regardless of the design and features, the best hose reel is still the one that suits your needs. What will the best wall-mounted hose reel do if you had a sprawling garden that reaches far beyond the other side of the house? Or, what would you need the best hose reel cart for if you only had a pocket-sized garden that a wall-mounted reel with a 5-meter-long hose can easily reach?
However, getting clear on what type of hose reel you actually need is the best first step. Next would be your budget. The good news is, you can now get the best water hose reel without breaking the bank.
Firstly Consider Your Needs!
So, if you have a considerably large garden to take care of, consider getting a mobile or portable retractable hose reel that’s fitted with ball bearings in the drum as well as the swivel shaft, and doubles as a pressure washer. As much as possible, ask for a retractable hose reel so you save time and effort in storing your hose back after each use. High-quality spring rewind hose reels help ensure you don’t get sore muscles after a long day in the garden. After all, you’re gardening for pleasure; not to punish yourself.
Also, reels that use ball bearings make retracting easily while the pressure washer feature makes cleaning the patio a piece of cake. You’ll have to remember though that hose reels equipped with an air compressor may come with a gas- or electric-powered machine to work. In addition, you may need to use an air hose that’s compatible with your air hose reel.
However, with the convenience provided by the internet these days, shopping for the best retractable air hose reel online has never been this easy. Not to mention that researching in order to take the best decision can be super easy nowadays!
Final Review of the Best Garden Hose Reel
Finally, knowing the different kinds of hose reels allows you to choose wisely which of them will fit your needs. So, even though it may sound like a huge investment in the beginning, if you do your research, you’ll find budget-friendly and needs-fitting items out there. It’s only a matter of patience and attention to detail!
Only think of the benefits that the best garden hose reels cart will bring into your gardening life. Not to mention, you no longer have to haul or trip over your garden hose. That’s truly bliss!
Therefore, it’s time for you to express your thoughts and feedback. What do you think of our five recommended hose reels? Have you tried using one of them? If so, what do you love about them, and what drawbacks do they have? Also, tell us everything about your experience with garden hose reels carts in the comments section below.
Finally, you may also like these:
- Best Expandable Hose 2018 On The Market
- 5 Best Retractable Hose Reels 2018 Reviews
- Best Inground Sprinkler System On The Market