Best Broadcast Spreader for Lawns & Fertilizers – 2017 Reviews for The Money
Learn more about best broadcast spreaders for lawns & fertilizers, which spreaders are the best ones on the market that you can buy for your garden!
If you’re familiar with some garden landscaping tools, then you’ve probably heard about the broadcast spreader.
A broadcast spreader is extremely useful for gardening because it makes spreading materials easier. It really pays to look at some of the best broadcast spreaders that the market has to offer.
Top 5 Best Broadcast Spreaders on The Market
The Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard Deluxe Broadcast Spreader is a big yet light spreader that has the best Edgeguard technology for its machine. This brand covers the most land out of the five. It is also imperative to consider what materials can be used with the spreader. This particular brand can make use of almost all materials. It is also made of durable plastic which, if you are looking for something to last you a long while, is excellent.
- It has a control panel rate configuration feature to have more accuracy.
- It can cover up to 15,000 square feet of land for spreading materials.
- It has a coverage adjustment feature that allows you to choose how much you’d want to spread.
- It has very easy to understand configuration settings that enable you to control the spreading activity of your machine.
- It is already calibrated and ready to use.
- It is perfect for carrying other types of materials such as ice melt materials.
- It can take almost all kind of materials ranging from seeds to sand, to granulated materials and of course, fertilizers.
- It does not require any assembling or any putting together of equipment.
- It has very easy to understand instruction manual.
- It has a big hopper which is big enough to hold a lot of materials that are used for spreading onto the garden or lawn.
- The hopper is made out of very durable plastic which is ideal for those who want to have a garden spreader that can last in the long term.
- It is quite pricey as compared to the other machines appearing in the market.
- It works better with Scotts gardening materials and works average with other commercial materials.
- It does not have solid wheels. Wheels are too lightweight and not compact.
This handheld garden broadcast spreader is known for its easy to use and practical functions that enable you to spread materials all over your garden quickly.
- It is small and easy to use.
- It is ideal for small jobs because of its size and flexibility of use.
- It can hold up to 2,500 square feet of land in one spray.
- It can spray up to 5 feet far and is battery operated for extra strength of the spray.
- It is very affordable for those who cannot afford the heavy-duty garden broadcast spreader.
- It can make use of any material from melt materials to seeds, weed control, and fertilizer.
- It does very well with the spreading of granular product.
- The product already comes with AA batteries inside the product.
- It does not work as well as heavy-duty garden spreaders when it comes to heavier materials like sand.
- The batteries are not rechargeable and must be changed whenever weak.
- It does not work too well with materials that have the tendency to get sticky.
The Earthway broadcast spreader is a heavy-duty commercial spreader used for big jobs. This is a favorite of most homeowners, especially those with back pain problems.
- It has an Ev-N-Spred system that ensures the even spreading distribution of the materials onto the lawn.
- It is a very durable which can take all kinds of jobs without deteriorating.
- It has 175-pound load capacity and also has 13 inch thick tires.
- It has a spreading rate control system that allows the user to manage how much of the materials are spread.
- It has a high capacity to take 50 pounds of any material.
- It has a more robust type of design that makes it comfortable for moving.
- It has comfortable handles that make it much easier to push.
- It is excellent for people who have back problems as it is very smooth and easy to push.
- The instruction manual needs improvement, especially for beginners of gardening spreaders.
- It comes in different parts that would need to be assembled.
- It needs regular rinse every time after use as the machine easily contracts dirt.
- It is quite expensive as compared to the other broadcast spreaders on the market.
The Master Gardener Broadcast Spreader is a heavy yet very flexible high-performing broadcast spreader that is very easy, even beginners to use.
- It has a 50-pound capacity for a spreader.
- It includes the adjustable lever controls feature to control the amount of material to be spread.
- It has 12 x 3 pneumatic tires for better durability and smoothness when use.
- The spreader is flexible and rolls very easily.
- It does not easily depreciate.
- The hopper is adequate and big enough to carry a lot of materials in one sitting.
- It has a handle that is strong and provides good support to the user.
- It is quite affordable for a mid-duty garden broadcast spreader.
- It is very accurate about creating the spread pattern for the ground.
- It needs a lot of assembling.
- It is not very easy to assemble as there are a lot of parts.
- The instruction manual would need some improvement about clarity and clear understanding.
- The wheels are made of plastic and may not be as compact.
The Giantex seed and grass fertilizer spreader are a lightweight but capable spreader that can be used for big lawn jobs. It has a total wheel size of 7.8 in diameter and 2.3 in width. Moreover, it has a high weight capacity of 65 pounds and has a total product weight of 12 pounds.
- It is made out of durable plastic.
- It already includes 1 fertilizer cart in the package.
- The hopper is made out of a rustproof metal material.
- It can be used for almost all kinds of materials such as seeds, fertilizer, and other granulated materials.
- The wheels are robust and compact making it very easy for the user to move.
- It is suitable for big lawns and gardens, as well as covers.
- It can cover a total of 11,000 square feet of land.
- It does not require any assembling.
- It is already calibrated and may be used right away.
- It is very affordable.
- It is a relatively Small Hopper.
- The handle is very lightweight and may not be as durable.
- Its design is flimsy.
What It Does and How a Broadcast Spreader Work
A broadcast spreader is an automatic and heavy duty piece of garden machine equipment like a lawn roller or a lawn sweeper. A broadcast seeder is also known as a broadcast spreader and is used for spreading around seeds, fertilizer, and other materials that are used for gardening.
A broadcast spreader is a type of machine that makes use of a 4 fin spinning disk that flings materials from its seeder. Another type of spreader makes use of a pendulum instead of a spinner which is more used for heavy duty commercial spreaders. While the user moves, a spinning mechanism spins the disk or pendulum so that the materials are spread out to the ground.
What To Take Note Of When Buying The Product
If you are interested in purchasing a spreader for your garden, then there are a few things that you should consider when looking for the best broadcast spreader for your needs:
1. Can It Cover A Large Lawn?
The first thing that you should consider while deciding about which best broadcast spreader to use would be the coverage. Depending on your lawn size, you must check how many square meters your broadcast spreader can cover. For wide lawns, it would be better to buy the one that can cover a lot of space. When you purchase your spreader, you should ask or check it yourself how many square meters the machine can cover.
2. What Are The Materials That Can Be Used With It?
Another thing that you should consider when looking for the best broadcast spreader would be the materials that you need to use for your garden. Depending on how you want to create your garden, there are different materials that you would use. Some materials include the usual fertilizer, the seeds, weed control, and other things. You have to get a broadcast spreader that can use the materials that you plan to put in your garden. The best broadcast spreader would be the one that can take almost all the materials and one that is multi-tasking.
3. Should You Get Plastic or Metal?
Another thing that you should ask yourself when buying a broadcast spreader would be to know whether you should get a plastic spreader or a metal one. Both of them have their advantages and functionalities, so you just choose the one that you think is best for your garden. If you are looking for a machine that can give you precision and accuracy when making a spread pattern, then the metal one is better for you.
4. Should You Get A Professional Or Homeowner Grade Type
Another thing to ask yourself when looking for the best broadcast spreader will be if you need a professional grade or a homeowner grade type of machine. A professional grade type of spreader is great if you have a big lawn and if you are using a varied array of materials to be spread onto your garden. However, if you have a smaller lawn and will not use too many different kinds of materials, then the homeowner grade type will be the better choice. The homeowner grade type is also good if you are a little bit low on a budget as these are the much cheaper alternative.
Advantages In Using The Product
It Makes Work Easier
The first advantage that the product can give you would be convenience and time-saving features. Because it can spread the materials on the ground easily, it can help the user skip the tedious tasks of manual labor such as bending down and manually placing the materials on the ground.
It Spreads More Materials
Aside from making life easier, it can also spread more materials on the ground. Because it may cover a large area of the lawn, more materials can be spread if done properly. It’s also possible to maintain the consistency of spreading materials per area.
It Spreads Materials Around Accurately
Lastly, it may be able to spread the materials on the ground more accurately. If you stick with the manual way of spreading the materials, there will be spots that you may miss. However, a spreader may accurately place the materials on the ground without missing a spot. This is especially useful if you are spreading fertilizer.
Taking a look at all the pros and cons of each of the five products, it is safe to say that the best out of the five would be the Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard Deluxe Broadcast Spreader, because it covers the most land, it also has the easiest configuration features, most efficient spreader settings features, works well with almost all materials and is one of the most durable. It is also one of the easiest to use because it is already assembled and calibrated. For beginners and first-time users, this brand may be the best one to use. It also covers what was discussed earlier about what to look for in a broadcast spreader.
Thanks for dropping by this article, and I hope you find the information here useful. Don’t forget to comment and share!