Featured Image Source: pixabay
Purchasing kitchen garden seeds is a great way to enjoy flowers, herbs, and vegetables year-round no matter where you live.
Best of all, growing plants from seeds is easier than you think and fun for the entire family. All you need is some sunlight, potting soil, and water. Mother Nature takes care of the rest!
Also, the benefits of indoor gardening include enhanced peace of mind, increased memory retention, and expanded social interaction with friends and family.
Kitchen Garden Seeds Vs. Starter Plants
When planting an indoor garden, you have the choice of using kitchen garden seeds or starter plants.
There are several benefits to using seeds. For example, many people like the sense of accomplishment that comes from starting a garden from seeds. Additionally, it can be a rewarding experience to plant a seemingly lifeless seed and watch it grow into a plant.
Equally important is price and the fact that thousands of different plant types are available from seed companies. However, your local nursery will only have a few dozen varieties of starter plants, at best.
On the other hand, there are benefits to using starter plants. For instance, using starter plants is easier than sprouting seeds. Likewise, you don’t have to wait as long to enjoy your flowers, herbs, and veggies when using starter plants.
All things considered, we still prefer using seeds over starter plants.
Our Review Process
We created our list of the best kitchen garden seeds available this year by researching the top-selling items available.
Additionally, we considered the benefits of each seed kit and consumer reviews.
Lastly, we have no financial ties to any of the brands included in our review. We aim to provide you the information you need to select the best set of kitchen garden seeds.
The Best Kitchen Garden Seeds
As with many things, there is a variety of lavender from which to choose. The three most common are French, Spanish and English varieties. You want to select the best type of lavender to suit your needs and your climate region. Not all lavender grows the same in every climate. Let your climate zone help you choose which one of varieties to grow.
Who doesn’t love flowering houseplants? Unlike outdoor gardening, indoor plants offer you fresh flowers year round.
Accordingly, here are our picks for flowering seed sets.
Sproutbrite Wildflower Seed Starter Kit
If simple and easy is your aim, the Sproutbrite Wildflower Seed Starter Kit is a great option. Basically, it’s a flower garden in a box.
In short, this kit includes:
- Over 30 different flower seeds
- Biodegradable growing pots (5 each)
- Soil discs (5 each)
- Pre-labeled wooden plant markers (5 each)
- Silicone pot bases (5 each)
- Mini garden shovel
- Step-by-step Instructions
Additionally, the seeds in this kit are 100 percent heirloom, organic, and non-GMO.
Best of all, this seed starter kit comes with a 100 percent guarantee.
You can find Sproutbrite Wildflower Seed Starter Kits on Amazon, where they enjoy a rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 stars. Additionally, this starter kit ranks as an Amazon’s Choice product.
For those unfamiliar with the term, Amazon labels some items “Amazon’s Choice.” Amazon chooses these products based on sales and customer reviews. If you hover over the label, it reads: “Amazon’s Choice recommends highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately.”
Customers love this product with several reviewers mentioning they used the kit with small children. Also, customers wrote that all the seeds they planted sprouted. However, on the negative side, one person did write that some of the seeds did not grow.
Mountain Valley Annual Flower Garden Seed Starter Kit
- EASY & FUN - This complete flower garden starter kit is everything you need to start seeds for beautiful annual flowers...
- BEAUTIFUL - Nothing is more beautiful than a home or yard filled with stunning blooms. Each seed variety was chosen for...
- INCLUDES - Beautiful Giftable Box - Drip Tray - 12 Cell Seed Tray - Humidity Dome - Seed Label Sticks - 12 Compressed...
The Mountain Valley Annual Flower Garden Seed Starter Kit is another excellent option for those wanting to grow flowers indoors.
For example, the kit includes everything you need to get started today:
- An assortment of six flowering garden seeds
- A 12-cell seed tray with drip tray
- A humidity dome
- Seed label sticks (12 each)
- Soil discs (12 each)
- Step-by-step instructions
You can find Mountain Valley Annual Flower Garden Seed Starter Kits on Amazon, where they enjoy a rating of 4.4 out of 5.0 stars.
Customers loved this seed starter kit. Several wrote that all the seeds they planted sprouted. On the negative side, a couple of customers expressed disappointment with the size of the seed planters.
Total Green Holland Dwarf Sunflower Grow Kit
This product is another all-in-one grow kit, ideal for those interested in simple and easy indoor gardening.
This kit includes:
- A basalt terra cotta pot
- Hand-selected non-GMO dwarf sunflower seeds
- A soil disk
- Step-by-step instructions
You can find TotalGreen Holland Dwarf Sunflower Grow Kits on Amazon, where they enjoy a rating of 4.2 out of 5.0 stars. Additionally, this kit ranks as an Amazon’s Choice product.
Numerous customers wrote about the shipping speed and durable packaging. Additionally, several wrote that they loved the terra cotta pot. On the negative side, a couple of customers complained that the seedlings quickly withered and died.
While you can grow most herbs indoors, some varieties thrive better inside than others. For example, basil, bay laurel, chives, mint, and oregano are hardy and do great inside.
Also, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, and thyme grow well indoors.
10 Heirloom Herb Seed Collection by Tiny Greens
- 10 MOST POPULAR CULINARY HERBS and 10 BONUS PLANT MARKERS - Stop buying dry, stale, flavorless dry herbs and start...
- GREAT GIFT FOR GARDENERS - CHEFS - SURVIVALIST - Give the present that so many people will love. From gardeners, home...
- HIGH GERMINATION RATE GUARANTEED - 95%+ germination that has been tested means little to no seeds will go to waste....
The 10 Heirloom Herb Seed Collection by Tiny Greens is perfect for foodies interested in taking their gardening to the next level by growing their own herbs.
For example, this collection comes with over 3,000 heirloom, non-GMO seeds to include:
- 1Basil seeds (200 each)
- 2Chive seeds (200 each)
- 3Cilantro / Coriander seeds (320 each)
- 4Dill seeds (230 each)
- 5French Tarragon seeds (400 each)
- 6Italian parsley seeds (600 each)
- 7Marjoram seeds (330 each)
- 8Mint seeds (220 each)
- 9Oregano seeds (260 each)
- 10Thyme seeds (280 each)
Also, the purchase includes 10 plant markers, a step-by-step instructional booklet, and a tips and tricks guide. Equally important, Tiny Greens guarantees a germination rate of at least 95 percent.
You can find Tiny Greens 10 Heirloom Herb Seed Collection on Amazon, where it enjoys a rating of 4.7 out of 5.0 stars. Additionally, this kitchen garden seeds kit ranks as an Amazon’s Choice product.
Customers loved the variety of herbs included in this collection. Additionally, several customers boasted that their seeds started sprouting within three days of planting. On the negative side, a couple of customers complained they did not receive the correct seeds.
Seed Needs Non-GMO Culinary Herb Seed Collection
- Quality Culinary Herb seeds packaged by Seed Needs. Intended for the current and the following growing season. Packets...
- Includes some of the most popular culinary herbs, such as Cilantro, Borage, Basil, Chives, Dill, Oregano, Marjoram,...
- This culinary herb seed set contains over 2,500 seeds collectively.
The Seed Needs Non-GMO Culinary Herb Seed Collection is another great option for growing culinary herbs.
For instance, this seed collection includes 4,000 non-GMO seeds:
- Blue borage seeds (100 each)
- Broadleaf sage seeds (100 each)
- Cilantro seeds (250 each)
- Common chive seeds (400 each)
- Dill seeds (250 each)
- Flat leaf parsley seeds (600 each)
- German thyme seeds (500 each)
- Italian oregano seeds (1,000 each)
- Rosemary seeds (100 each)
- Summer savory seeds (500 each)
- Sweet basil seeds (500 each)
- Sweet marjoram seeds (500 each)
Additionally, each seed packet includes a QR code. This code allows you to read more information on each variety contained in the collection on your smartphone. [You can click here for more details on using QR codes on your iPhone or Android device.]
You can find Seed Needs Non-GMO Culinary Herb Seed Collection on Amazon, where it enjoys a rating of 4.5 out of 5.0 stars. Additionally, this non-GMO kitchen garden seeds collection ranks as an Amazon’s Choice product.
Several customers wrote that all the seeds they planted sprouted. However, on the negative side, a few customers wrote that most of the seeds they planted did not grow.
Mountain Valley Seed’s Culinary Herb Seed Starter Kit
No products found.
With only six varieties of kitchen garden seeds, the Mountain Valley Seed’s starter kit is ideal for people with limited space.
All seeds are non-GMO and include:
- 1Chives (2 grams)
- 2Common Italian oregano (500 milligrams)
- 3Italian flat leaf parsley (3 grams)
- 4Italian large leaf basil (3 grams)
- 5Mammoth Long Island dill (3 grams)
- 6Southern giant curled mustard (5 grams)
- Chives (2 grams)
- Common Italian oregano (500 milligrams)
- Italian flat leaf parsley (3 grams)
- Italian large leaf basil (3 grams)
- Mammoth Long Island dill (3 grams)
- Southern giant curled mustard (5 grams)
Additionally, this seed starter kit includes:
- A 12-cell seed tray with drip tray
- A humidity dome
- Seed label sticks (12 each
- Soil disc (12 each)
- Step-by-Step instructions
You can find Mountain Valley Seed’s Culinary Herb Seed Starter Kits on Amazon, where they enjoy a rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 stars.
Several customers wrote about the ease of using this starter kit. On the negative side, a few customers complained that some of the seeds they planted did not sprout.
Zziggysgal Organic Culinary Herb Seeds
- Easily Grow Your Own Herbs & Vegetables – Add your own natural flavors and ingredients to any meal with our 12 variety...
- Ideal for Indoor and Outdoor Growing – Our 12 variety herb seed set is germination-tested and guaranteed to sprout all...
- Fresher and Healthier Flavors – Studies show that homegrown produce is more delicious and higher in fiber, enzymes,...
The Zziggysgal Organic Culinary Herb Seeds collection is another excellent collection of kitchen garden seeds.
All seeds are non-GMO, and USDA certified organic. Varieties include:
- 3Culinary sage
- 4Dill bouquet
- 5Garlic chives
- 6Italian parsley
- 7Mustard leaves
- 9Summer savory
- 10Sweet basil
- 11Sweet marjoram
Zziggysgal does not list the number of seeds included. However, customers reported that each package contains between 50 to 100 seeds, if not more.
Additionally, the collection is germination-tested and guaranteed to sprout. Lastly, the purchase of this set of kitchen garden seeds includes step-by-step instructions.
You can find Zziggysgal Organic Culinary Herb Seeds packs on Amazon, where they enjoy a rating of 4.0 out of 5.0 stars.
Customers liked this culinary herb collection writing that the seeds produced hearty plants. On the negative side, numerous customers reported that fewer than half the seeds planted sprouted.
Believe it or not, you can grow a variety of veggies inside. However, it is not practical to grow some plants indoors due to space requirements.
On the other hand, several kitchen garden seeds are ideal for indoor vegetable gardens. In this case, popular varieties include cucumbers, lettuce, peppers, squash, and tomatoes.
Vegetable Seeds Heirloom Collection by Sustainable Sprout
- HEIRLOOM VEGETABLE SEEDS VARIETY PACK: Growing your own vegetables in your home garden is one of the most rewarding...
- CONTAINS MORE SEEDS: Our seed packets are packed with seeds that are tested to 90%+ germination rates at the time of...
- FRESH VEGETABLES ALL-YEAR ROUND: Our vegetable garden seed starter kit has easy-to-follow instructions printed on the...
Sustainable Sprout’s Vegetable Seeds Heirloom Collection is an excellent option for people wanting to grow vegetables year round.
All seeds are open-pollinated, non-hybrid, and non-GMO. This collection includes the following seeds:
- 1Black-seeded Simpson lettuce
- 2Boston pickling cucumbers
- 3Cherry Belle radishes
- 4Danvers half-long carrots
- 5Dinosaur kale
- 6Early jalapeno peppers
- 7Oregon sugar pea pods
- 8Sweet cherry tomatoes
Additionally, this set of kitchen garden seeds comes with a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
You can find Sustainable Sprout’s Vegetable Seeds Heirloom “SillySeed” Collection on Amazon, where it enjoys a rating of 4.6 out of 5.0 stars. Also, this kitchen garden seeds kit ranks as an Amazon’s Choice product.
Customers complimented the seed packages, writing that they were fun, witty, and most importantly, informative. On the negative side, a couple of customers wrote that none of the seeds they planted sprouted.
Granny’s Garden Heirloom Vegetable Seed Collection
- 🌶️ TOP notch 15 varieties of the most popular vegetables including Beets Carrots Cucumber Kale Lettuce Melons...
- 🍅 These Minute Soil coco coir seed pellets make it SUPER easy to start your seeds! Simply plant the ENTIRE pellet...
- 🥕 ITS EASY to Plant your own kitchen vegetable garden! Its easy and all in one package!
This set of kitchen garden seeds is perfect for serious-minded gardeners as it includes 15 varieties of veggies.
All seeds are non-GMO and the parent company, Sustainable Seed, is a USDA Certified Organic seed company.
Seed varieties included in this set of kitchen garden seeds include:
- 1Black beauty squash
- 2California wonder peppers
- 3Cayenne long red thin peppers
- 4Culinary basil
- 5Danvers 126 carrots
- 6Detroit dark red beets
- 7Hale’s best jumbo melons
- 8Homestead tomatoes
- 9Roma tomatoes
- 10Siberian dwarf kale
- 11Straight eight cucumbers
- 12Sugar Ann snap peas
- 13Sugar baby melons
- 14Summer lettuce
- 15Tokyo bunching onions
Also, purchase includes a 48-page veggie growing guide and a resealable Mylar package for storing any unused seeds. Likewise, a 20-page growing, harvesting, and seed saving guide is included.
Most important, purchase includes access to Sustainable Seed Company’s professional staff of Master Gardeners to answer any questions you might have.
You can find Granny’s Garden Heirloom Vegetable Seed Collection on Amazon, where it enjoys a rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 stars.
Several customers wrote that they loved the growing guides. Additionally, several liked the fact that the seeds originate from a family-owned business. On the negative side, a few customers complained that some of the seeds did not sprout.
So, Which Kitchen Garden Seeds Are The Best?
Selecting one set of kitchen garden seeds is impossible. It comes down to what kind of indoor garden you want.
That being said, we can offer some insight into each of the three types of seeds we discussed in our review.
Firstly, when it comes to flowering plants, we like the Sproutbrite Wildflower Seed Starter Kit. It comes with all the accessories you need to get started today. Equally important, it includes an impressive collection of over 30 different seeds.
Next, regarding culinary herbs, we liked the Mountain Valley Seed’s Culinary Herb Seed Starter Kit for beginners. However, the Seed Needs Non-GMO Culinary Herb Seed Collection is our recommendation for people who love cooking.
Lastly, we loved Granny’s Garden Heirloom Vegetable Seed Collection. Their collection of kitchen garden seeds includes 15 varieties, step-by-step guides, and access to their professional gardeners.
We want to hear from you now. Let us know your thoughts about indoor gardening in the comments below.
Last update on 2023-03-30 at 03:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API