Best Riding Lawn Mower for 2 Acres – Here’s Our Top Choice!
Among the 3 best riding lawn mower brands that we have reviewed below, on our list of the best riding lawn mower for 2 acres, we have chosen Troy-Bilt 540CC 46″ Briggs & Stratton Intek Automatic Inch Riding Lawnmower as the ultimate winner.
It has garnered a 5-star rating from its customers due to its air induction technology and deck lift system that makes mowing easier and more convenient. It also has a very comfortable seat. When it comes to its cutting deck, it is made of stamped steel that was reinforced by heavy flat-stock steel, which makes it a durable lawn mower. One can be worry-free while using this mower since it has integrated zero-turn transmissions.
For more detailed Poulan, Troy-Bilt, and Husqvarna riding lawn mower reviews, continue reading below.
A rear-engine riding mower is designed for mowing.
Best Riding Lawn Mower for 2 Acres – Quick Comparison Table
Key Features of the Best Riding Lawn Mower for 2 Acres
What is the best riding lawn mower for the money? It is a lawn mower that has almost all the key features listed below:
A typical lawn tractor has an average engine power of 17 ½ – 27 HP. They are designed for spaces with a lot of obstacles.
What makes riding lawn mowers great is that you can do the job while you are sitting. A good lawn mower has a comfortable back seat. By comfortable, we mean a lightly cushioned back seat. A back seat that is adjustable is also much better. Through it, you can prevent straining or hurting your back while mowing.
The engine plays a very important role in the performance of a lawn mower. A good lawn mower is powered by at least a 20HP Engine. Also, there are now lawn mower models with a quieter engine.
Auto transmission technology
With this feature, lawn mowers can cut while using only a little amount of power. This also allows the mower to operate efficiently without much effort. Hence, the driver can keep both his hands on steering.
The best lawn mower has reinforced wheels both in the front and at the back to ensure that they would last for a long time. They also have large wheels to prevent it from getting stuck on the grass.
Air induction technology
The air induction technology is important in a lawn mower for not only does it boost the airflow within the deck, but it also makes it possible for the mower to create consistent cuts.
Deck wash port
After mowing your yard for hours or even the entire day, for sure, you won’t have much energy left to clean your lawn mower. Good thing, with a deck wash port, you can easily clean it by simply connecting it to the water horse. This feature makes it easier for you to maintain your lawn mower.
Manual power take-off
A lawn mower having a manual power take-off features allows fast blade engagement that then allows sharp cutting.
The more features a lawn mower has, the more fun and easy it is to operate. Some extra features may include a cup holder and non-slip foot pads. A toolbox may also be essential.
Worried that the best lawn mowers are costly and will not fit your budget? Worry no more because it is possible for you to buy the best riding lawn mower under 2000. You just have to be patient with your search and read some reviews about the product you are interested in before you actually buy them.
Driving a riding lawn mower is similar to driving other vehicles, with the driver sitting on the top of the deck.
Reviews of the Best Riding Lawn Mower for 2 Acres
Want to know the complete list of the best riding lawn mowers that suit well with your 2-acre lawn? Check our top picks below!
Troy-Bilt Briggs & Stratton Riding Lawn Mower. Via:Amazon.com
Having reverse capabilities is one of the reasons why this Troy-Bilt lawn mower model has become the best riding lawn mower for 2 acres. This mower is powered by a 19 HP engine. It also has a 46-in mowing deck (side discharge).
- It can be used in mowing even large areas.
- It has a comfortable back seat.
- It features a soft touch steering.
- It has an automatic foot pedal transmission.
- It has a deck wash system.
- Unlike other lawn mowers, the deck height of this one can only be adjusted to 5 positions.
Husqvarna 967271501 46-inch Lawn Mower. Via: Amazon.com
As one of the most reliable riding lawn mower, this one has a cutting width of 48-inch, which is wider than other lawn mower offered at a similar price range. It also features a 24 HP engine and a cruise control.
- It features a hydrostatic pedal transmission.
- It is easy to maneuver due to its compact size, which is why it is one of the best small riding lawn mowers on the market today.
- It has adjustable seats.
- This lawn mower offers a smooth reverse and forward speed.
- With its air induction technology, air can flow freely in the deck.
- The reverse works only on level grow. So, reversing on a hill would be difficult.
Poulan Pro P46ZX 22 HP Riding Mower. Via: Amazon.com
Aside from our recommended riding mower from Husqvarna, Poulan pro is another brand that made it on our list. Among the best mower for 2 acres, this one has a zero turning radius with a horsepower of 22. Its fuel tank has a capacity of 3.5 gallons. It also has an electric clutch.
- This best value riding lawn mower has a dual wheel hydro transmission that provides maximum maneuverability to the one driving it.
- The panel can be easily accessed.
- It is easy to operate. You just need to move your arms either backward or forward.
- The cutting height can be adjusted to 6 positions.
- As this best lawn mower for 2 acres belongs to the zero turn mowers category, one can expect that their mowing time would be significantly reduced.
- It has a durable welded frame and caster wheels.
- The backseat offers maximum comfort.
- When used on hills, it may slide a little bit on the side.
#4 Husqvarna 967271501 46-inch Lawn Mower
Husqvarna 967271501 46-inch Lawn Mower. Via: Amazon.com
Husqvarna is one of the most trusted lawn mower and tractor brands that one can easily purchase even online. What makes this the best riding mower for 2 acres is that it has an air induction technology that allows air to be drawn both from the bottom and the top of the deck.
- Chassis flex is reduced in this best priced riding lawn mower due to its rugged casters and frame.
- The deck lift system (spring assisted) offers ease of use.
- It does not leave cutting marks on the lawn.
- The components of this best riding lawn mower for hills are easy to set up.
- This lawn mower is easy to maintain.
- The seat provides great comfort when mowing.
- Assembly is required.
#5 Husqvarna Z246 26-inch Z-Turn Mower
Husqvarna Z246 26-inch Z-Turn Mower. Via: Amazon.com
Easy blade engagement is what this best riding lawn mower for 2 acres offers due to its electric clutch. It also has three anti-scalp rollers. Like the Poulan Pro P46ZX, this one is also a zero turn mower. To provide a superior performance, an oversized cooling fan was also added to this model.
- Its valves are chrome plated.
- This lawn mower for 2 acres features an air filtration system.
- It has durable casters and frame.
- It has an anti-slip area for the foot.
- This best ride on mower for 2 acres has a deck lift system (spring assisted) that is conveniently located within the driver’s reach.
- Its bumper has led headlights.
- The tube style chassis has a removable foot pan.
- Sadly, this best riding lawn mower for the money cannot handle an incline steep of more than 50°.
Buyer’s Guide To Buying a Riding Lawn Mower For 2 Acres
There is no denying the fact that having a well-kept lawn can improve the aesthetic beauty of a property. However, we all know that it is quite difficult to maintain it, especially if you have 2 acres of land or bigger than that. So, for sure, you are wondering what is the best riding lawn mower to make this tedious and time-consuming task easier. Well, we have created this buying guide for you
Some riding lawn mowers use levers for steering and throttling while some use pedals for braking and acceleration control.
Although you might be looking for the best cheap riding lawn mower, quality should never be compromised. Opt for a lawn mower made of quality materials that can offer durability, stability and long-lasting use.
If you would be using your lawn mower in complex landscapes, it would be best for you to buy one with a zero-turn maneuvering. Also, choose one that can be used in a wide range of jobs. It should be tough enough to handle even thick and long grass.
Lawn mowers with a smaller deck size can go to areas that larger mowers can’t. They are also much easier to store as they don’t consume a lot of space.
As much as possible, opt to lawn mowers with a slim design yet spacious enough for even big people to fit into. The controls should also just be within reach so that it would be much easier to operate. LED headlights are a plus.
If you are looking for a mower that makes a clean cut, then the zero-turn mower is the right one for you. This option is also more maneuverable as compared to that of a tractor (Note: We have created a review for tractors as well). It is also ideal to be used in areas with a lot of obstacles as it can get close to objects.
It is very important for you to look for a riding lawn mower that comes with a warranty. This way, in case it fails to do the job, you can have it repaired or replaced with a new one. This gives you an assurance that you would not need to buy a new one with your own money every year. The usual warranty period is 3-5 years.
Mowing can become a simple task as long as you have the right tools with you. So, choose where you spend your money well.
On most riding mowers, the blade is powered by a belt that is then connected to the engine.
It is truly wonderful to see a well-maintained lawn. If you have an extra budget, you can consider hiring a professional to mow your lawn. However, if you are on a tight budget, you can simply do it yourself without exerting much effort and time on it with the help of a top-rated riding lawn mower for 2 acres.
You can consider buying any of the products that we have reviewed in this article. They can be a great investment on your part. After all, the list was created with so many considerations like their size, maneuverability, durability, and other features to allow you to cut grass with ease.
Thank you for dropping by! Want to ask questions? Leave a comment below!
You might also read: