Best Propane Torch For Weeds: Our Top 5 Reviews 2017
Are weeds giving you too much headache? Read this article and learn more on how to permanently get rid of weeds using the best propane torch for weeds.
For most homeowners, weeds are unwelcome in the garden and lawn. Therefore, it is a must for them to get rid of these weeds. The basic way of getting the weeds off your lawn is by pulling it out. Others may sort to using chemicals just to spare their lawns of these hard-to-get weeds. However, there is another innovative way of getting rid of this menace. This is by using a best propane torch.
A propane torch is a tool that uses flames through a gaseous hydrocarbon called propane. Instead of using other large equipment like electric lawn mowers, string trimmers, or garden tractors, some homeowners prefer to use the best propane torch on the market. This is because propane torches are lighter as compared to other equipment used for getting rid of weeds. Furthermore, the flame from the propane torches is guaranteed to reach every corner of your lawns where stubborn weeds love to dwell.
Aside from getting rid of weeds, the propane torches, also known as weed burners, can also be used in other fields aside from gardening. Some people use propane torches in industrial areas and even in the kitchen. They are ideal for soldering copper pipe, for jewelry making, and even for crème brulee, and for cooking.
Propane torches indeed offer a wide use for its flames. May it be for gardening, for industrial purposes, for dabs, for plumbing or for cooking, the best propane torch will get you covered!
Top 5 Best Propane Torch Reviews For 2017
This Propane Vapor Torch Kit is the best propane torch manufactured by the Red Dragon. It is ideal to be attached to a 20lb cylinder propane tank, but it can still be applied to any refillable propane tank. It weighs 3.7 pounds with a dimension of 11 x 12 x 36 inches. It comes in a green color.
- This propane torch includes a hand-tighten tank fitting to secure that flow of the propane gas when the product is in use.
- This product is guaranteed to be very powerful with its generated heat capacity of up to 2,000oF.
- This product can burn thick weeds, melt snow, thaw frozen metal pipes, heat asphalt, and can even sterilize cages and other areas.
- This product includes a gas hose, a regulator, hand tighten excess flow fitting, spark lighter, adjustable needle valve, and a pipe thread compound.
- This product comes pre-assembled.
- This weed burner is made from the USA.
- This product has been granted the National Home Gardening Club Member Tested Seal-of-Approval.
- This propane torch has a tendency to use an excessive amount of propane when in use.
- Some parts of this product are not of high-quality.
This BTU Propane Torch is the premiere propane torch in size 500,000 from Hot Max. It weighs 7.3 pounds with a dimension of 43.2 x 10.1 x 3 inches. It comes in black color. This product is being backed up by a two-year limited parts and labor warranty services.
- This product features a molded handle that makes the user feel comfortable when using the product.
- This propane torch is already assembled when delivered to the customers.
- This item is ideal for home, farm, industrial, as well as for construction purposes.
- Its flames can eliminate caustic chemicals near the area.
- This propane torch can also remove paint and melt asphalt.
- This item also includes a fitting, rotating valves, and a gas hose.
- The rotating valve can easily be damaged.
- The lever for turning this propane torch on and off has a tendency to malfunction and can be stuck sometimes.
This Propane Vapor Torch Kit 400,000 BTU is another product manufactured by Red Dragon. This features a squeeze valve for easy manipulation of the propane torch when it is in use. It weighs 3.6 pounds with a dimension of 11 x 36 x 12 inches. It comes in a combination of silver, black, and red color.
- This propane torch can eliminate weeds and other debris like dry leaves in your lawn.
- This product is also ideal for brazing, melting snow and ice, thawing frozen pipes, and even for cooking purposes.
- This can also sterilize metal cages.
- This item can fit a 20 lb and larger propane cylinder tanks.
- The parts of this product are of high-quality metal materials.
- It has a capacity of 25,000 to 500,000 BTU per hour.
- This product features a squeeze valve to easily control the flame when it is in use.
- This item is made from the USA.
- It is a bit expensive as compared to other similar products.
- This propane torch consumes propane quickly.
This Greenwood Durable Steel Nozzle Propane Torch comes with Turbo Blast Trigger and Flow Valve. It is one of the best propane torches manufactured gardeners and homeowners. It has a turbo blast trigger that enables the user to maximize the flames when the product is in use. It weighs 3 pounds with a dimension of 12 x 12 x 4 inches. It comes in a combination of blue and orange color.
- This propane torch features a durable nozzle jet that is highly durable.
- This also comes with a flow valve.
- This product also features an insulated ergonomic grip for easy manipulation of the product when it is in use.
- It can generate heat up to the capacity of 3000 oF.
- This item requires a 20lb propane tank.
- This product is ideal for burning weeds, melting snow and ice, and even for sweating copper pipes.
- This product can sometimes leak propane which may cause fire accidents when in use.
- The hose is not that of high-quality and can easily get cracked.
This Propane Torch Wand With Push Button Igniter features a push button to ignite the flames of this torch. This weighs 3 pounds with a dimension of 29.7 x 5.3 x 2.8 inches. It comes in a combination of orange and blue color.
- This product comes with a flow valve and a turbo-blast trigger that helps get rid of weeds efficiently.
- This item is ideal for standard size propane tanks.
- This propane torch can generate heat up to 3000 oF.
- This product also comes with 17mm & 19mm open-end wrenches.
- This torch is ideal for burning weeds, melting snow, removing non-flammable paint, and even for kitchen purposes.
- This product is also ideal for roofing installation.
- The level of the flame is sometimes hard to control. Therefore, it is advisable not to get near anything that you do not intend to burn when this product is in use.
5 Best Ways To Use a Propane Torch
It is undeniable that the use of propane torches or weed burners can impose harm to anybody. However, when one knows how to use this innovative equipment properly, it can definitely be of great use since it can be used for different purpose. These include cooking purposes, industrial and construction purposes, and even for jewelry making purposes.
To yield maximum benefits with your propane torches, let us learn how to use a propane torch the best way.
1. Check if all the parts of the propane torch are in good condition.
Defective parts may impose harm when it is in use; therefore, it is necessary to check the torch before using it. You also have to check if all the parts are properly connected with other parts.
2. Always check the propane tanks for leaks before lighting or igniting the propane torch.
If you smell an unusual gas smell, search the part of the hose where the gas leaks. In cases like this, it is advisable to replace the hose before using the propane torch.
3. Carefully open the propane tank’s valve.
Different tanks have different knobs for the opening. Be familiar with your purchased propane tank. When you have determined how to open your propane tank, carefully open the valve. Then, pay attention to the sound of the gas that it releases. If you hear a hissing sound, it means you have successfully opened the propane tank.
4. Ignite your propane torch.
Once you have ignited your torch. Adjust the level of the heat, as well as the height of the flame. Different purposes require different levels of heat. Ideally, for cooking purposes, propane torches require a low flame to control the heat being applied to the food. On the other hand, industrial purposes require the propane torch to blow from medium to the maximum capacity of the heat generated.
5. Turn off the propane torch after using it.
Also, never forget to turn off the propane tank after use.
No matter what purpose you’re up to with regards to the use of your propane torch, always consider safety precautionary measure when using it. Always remember to keep the flame away from flammable materials and other things that you do not intend to burn. In addition, always keep the propane torches away from children. Flames can give us either good or bad thing. If propane torches are improperly used, this might be a reason for undesirable fire accidents.
A propane torch is technically a versatile innovative equipment. It can be used for pretty much all the aspects of our daily living. In terms of gardening, it may serve as a great head start for getting rid of stubborn weeds in your yard. It helps you clear off your lawns from weeds and other debris quickly and easily. For cooking, it is very useful in achieving that burned look on meat or the golden look effects on your crème brulee.
Whatever purposes that you have, always be very careful in manipulating the propane torch. Also, always choose the best propane torch out on the market since these are guaranteed to be safe due to the quality control processes that have undergone. You may choose one among the presented five best propane torches above.
As for me, I highly recommend the Red Dragon Propane Vapor Torch 400,000 BTU. Its featured squeeze valve helps us gain control on the consumption of propane, as well as at the level of the heat and flame that is being released from the torch. Even though it is a bit expensive, it is worthy of the price because it is highly durable and has features that cannot be seen from other similar products.
What about you? What is your best propane torch? Choose now and experience that no-sweat weed burning that you’ve always dreamed of.
So that’s it! Thank you so much for reading this article and please do share this with your friends!
- Also Read: 5 Best Propane Fire Pits For The Money