Best Professional Chainsaw On The Market: 2017 Top 5 Brand Reviews
Chainsaw is good for both professionals and homeowners who want to harvest wood or prune trees. Read the article for the best professional chainsaw reviews.
Wood is an essential material we all use in our life. Before we cease to exist in today’s generation, our ancestors have used wood in a lot of ways. Wood is used as firewood to keep them warm at night or during winter, cook their food, and build homes. Moreover, wood is used in different traditional arts in different cultures. In the old days, harvesting wood requires a lot of energy because people back then mostly use manual tools.
But nowadays, lumberjacks harvest wood by using chainsaws. Lumberjacks and arborists are not the only people that make use of chainsaws, but sculptors and regular dads use them too. Chainsaws are portable mechanical saws that are powered by gasoline. It has a set of teeth which is connected to a rotating chain. But how does it work exactly?
Top 5 Best Professional Chainsaws on The Market
Now that you know all the basic things about a chainsaw, you might think it’s time for you to buy one. Always remember that your work is more efficient if you use the right tools. Whether you are a lumberjack looking for you first chainsaw, an arborist looking for an upgrade, or a gardener who simply want to improve your landscape, here are the top chainsaws to help your purchase much easier!
This powerhouse chainsaw weighs approximately 12.79 pounds with a maximum bar length of 20 inches. The Husqvarna Gas-powered Chainsaw promises sharp cuts during your heavy-duty wood activities.
- It has strong power for long, rigorous cuts.
- It is all-around, which is great for any wood activities.
- It has an adjustable oiler.
- This monster is equipped with an X-Torq engine with high torque and wide rpm.
- The body is ergonomically designed for a comfortable grip and easy handling of the saw power.
- Husqvarna Chainsaw has its proud features of Smart Start, Air Injection, Low Vib, and choke/stop controls.
- It has a hard startup.
- A few users complain about the oiler having some issues.
- It is a bit expensive.
This Husqvarna 455 Rancher is a gas-powered chainsaw weighs about 12.8 pounds and has a maximum bar length of 20 inches. The fuel consumption is reduced in this model with its X-Torq technology.
- It has great power for cutting or trimming thick logs and trees.
- This all-around chainsaw offers great power for heavy-duty woodwork.
- It offers great and precise cuts, which impress a lot of its users.
- It is very easy to start.
- Its centrifugal cleaning air system removes large dust and particles before it reaches the filter.
- It is quite heavy; the weight can be unbearable.
- Some customers complain saying the oil leaks are apparent.
The Timberpro weighs about 15.43 pounds and has a maximum bar length of 20 inches. The oil tank can be filled up to 550 ml of fuel and 220 ml of oil.
- It has a reliable and high-performing power.
- It also provides a clean cut.
- It can handle heavy workload.
- It is very easy to use and handle.
- This all-around, heavy-duty chainsaw is great for any rigorous woodwork.
- The product contains an automatic chain lubrication, blade guard, and alloy starting mechanism.
- It has a plastic material, which feels cheap and can actually affect its durability.
The Snapper Cordless Chainsaw does not require any fuel to work. This monster works on battery and requires to be charged from time to time. Weighs around 15.54 pounds and has maximum bar length of 18 inches. A fully charged battery of 2.0Ah can have up to 160 cuts.
- It has no fumes, no mess, and no noise. It is the best professional chainsaw for those living in a neighborhood where people are sensitive to noises.
- It has emergency brakes for kickbacks. Thus, it is actually quite safe as compared to the gas-powered ones which can be quite dangerous when kickbacks happen.
- It can fit on heavy workloads just fine.
- It contains an auto-oiling system for lubrication and auto-lock for safety.
- It has a recharging limit time for work. This means you can only use it for a specific time duration.
- It requires expensive batteries, which means an added cost on your end.
- This may not be the best professional chainsaw for cutting thick logs and trees.
The Tanaka Gas-Powered Chainsaw weighs about 7.7 pounds and has a maximum bar length of 14 inches. This product is made specifically for arborists or homeowners who want a lightweight chainsaw (like climbing chainsaw) for pruning and dealing with saplings. It contains a four point anti-vibration system. Despite being lightweight, it packs a power like professional bigger chainsaws.
- It is very lightweight. You won’t have a problem carrying it from one place to another.
- It cuts branches and logs without any hassle.
- It does not make too much noise like bigger gas-powered chainsaws.
- It is not great for heavier workloads.
- It leans more to the expensive side.
How Chainsaws Work
Since this is a blog post and not an in-depth science class, here are brief steps on how a typical chainsaw cuts your wood down to a log you can carry.
- The gasoline you put inside your chainsaw serves as the machine’s energy.
- Next, it goes into a carburetor, and it mixes with air.
- Once your fuel is mixed with air, it operates as a car engine but less complex.
- A connecting rod and crank then help rotate the motors.
- After which, gears take into action, and the blade spins around the guide bar.
As simple as that, your chainsaw then goes to work to help you with your task. May it be to harvest wood for your cabin or enhance your landscape, your handy chainsaw will surely do the job for you.
A Brief History
Before we get to know the nitty gritty of chainsaws, let’s first take a look at the humble beginnings of this wood-cutting monster. In the year 1905, the first patent for chainsaws was granted to Samuel J. Bens from San Francisco. However, the first patent he proposed was not portable at all and was a huge machine. In 1921, Samuel J. Bens filed another patent, and this time for a portable chainsaw. Since the first chainsaw, it has made a lot of improvements up until the chainsaws we know of today. Thanks to Samuel J. Bens, we can now harvest wood, prune our trees, and cut down logs in a faster and more convenient way.
Uses Of A Professional Chainsaw
Chainsaws can be versatile based on the activity you choose to use it for. Apart from the practical uses of chainsaws for harvesting wood, most adventurous wood sculptors also use chainsaws for their artworks. On the other hand, here are the practical and common uses for your handy chainsaw:
This is the process of putting down trees, which is an essential element in logging. For this work logging chainsaw works best.
Limbing or Chasing
This is the process of removing the branches from the log
This is the process of selectively removing certain parts of a plant or tree for shaping, plant maintenance, reduction of falling branches, or for transplanting.
This process mainly happens during harvesting of firewood.
Different Types Of Professional Chainsaws
There are different types of chainsaws on the market. However, before you choose to purchase the best professional chainsaw, you should know the different types of chainsaws and what they are capable of. When looking for the right chainsaw to use, you can consider its power and cost. Let’s take a closer look at these three types:
The gas-powered chainsaw is considered as the best professional chainsaw by many. This is because gas-powered chainsaw has a lot more power and can do heavy-duty tasks as compared to the other types. This type of chainsaw requires being filled with gas. It has a two-stroke cycle engines. A good mix of gasoline (for power) and oil (lubrication) is needed to make it work.
Its engine gives this type a higher power-to-weight ratio, giving it a powerful and affecting wood cutting ability.
Gas-powered chainsaws can be a bit expensive considering the maintenance, the engine, and the gas that you have to buy.
Corded Electric Chainsaw
This type of chainsaws is relatively smaller as compared to the gas-powered chainsaw. Electricity is required to run this type because it does not have an engine that requires for fuel to work. In order to work, it must be plugged into an electrical outlet.
It has less power than the gas-powered chainsaw, making it effective only in small activities that require minimal power.
It is cheaper than gas-powered and battery operated chainsaws.
Battery Operated Chainsaw
This type is also called the cordless chainsaws. This type has a rechargeable battery in it instead of using direct electricity or gasoline. It removes the limit given by the constraints of the cords of an electric chainsaw. However, it may limit the amount for work done due to its limited source of power. Spare batteries may be needed for this type.
It has less power and is best utilized for small tasks like pruning, limbing, or pruning.
It is the most expensive model among all kinds of chainsaws.
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Using A Chainsaw
One of the best and most obvious advantages of using a chainsaw is its speed. It cuts labor time in half as compared to manually sawing the wood and trees, especially when it is fairly thick and hard. According to simple mathematics, it is about 5-10 times quicker than the normal hand sawing.
A chainsaw can pose two major disadvantages for everyone. First is the issue of safety. Kickback is an accident when the chainsaw flies to your head due to being caught in something. Second is the maintenance. Compared to its manual cousins, maintaining the gears, engines, and components of a chainsaw can be costly and time-consuming.
Chainsaws are a great addition to your garden tools and an excellent heavy-duty tool to use when harvesting wood. Since there are different kinds of chainsaws, this blog presents information to help you evaluate what specific type you would want and what is right for the type of work you have. Choosing the right type of chainsaw can help you make your work easier and help cut you back from spending too much. In reality, you would not want to purchase heavy gas-powered chainsaws if all you do in your garden is trim a few branches off or cut small trees.
Out from the top five best professional chainsaws on the market this 2017, I highly recommend the Husqvarna 455 Rancher. This heavy-duty gas-powered chainsaw is great for thick wood and logs and offers great power. Compared to its brother, the Husqvarna Gas-Powered Chainsaw, it had fewer complaints of gas leaks and hard start-ups. Its affordability is perfect, and it offers clean and precise cuts over long, rigorous hours of work. The Husqvarna 455 Rancher is the best buy for the money.
To pair off with your chainsaws, it is essential to keep those monsters blades’ sharp. Check out the best chainsaw chain sharpeners on the market today. A chain sharpener is essential for your chainsaw to get the best cut for your wood and can lessen kickbacks and other dangers while working.