Check This Out! Best one man auger that is worth every dollar!
Among all the top five best one man earth auger, the Southland SEA438 43cc Earth Auger is our top and recommended choice for you. Digging in your garden or yard would not be so much of pain with this top product. A mix of manual recoil and gas-powered machine makes start-up easy while providing an astounding speed of 316 RPM.
Choosing your own auger in the market can be a bit confusing especially for starters. To help you save time and choose the best buy for your money, we have provided you a comparison table of the top products you can choose from the market today.
Quick Comparison Table of the 5 Best One Man Earth Augers
Southland SEA438 43cc Earth Auger
Southland 43cc One Man Earth Auger’s Key Features
We recommend this product for nothing! In this section, these are the key features that made the product stand out from the rest.
One man earth augers help you dig holes for planting easier and faster around your garden
Easy Starting Process
The Southland 43cc Auger is a hand-held earth auger that combines both manual and automatic starting processes. With the equipped easy manual recoil, you can easily start the product easily. But if you wish to get a faster startup, there is an on-and-off switch you can also use.
Convenient Auger Head
The 43cc engine is compact and serves as the head of the auger. It also has a detachable 26-inch butterfly handle for a more convenient handling of the machine. It is also ergonomically designed to prevent or reduce strain when using the machine. Being detachable, it serves as an easier way to store it away when not in use.
To easily operate and control the auger’s flow of fuel, the throttle is placed on the handles of the machine. With this bright placement, you don’t have to hover all over the machine to find the throttle button. With the simple reach of your thumb, you have full control.
Top 5 Best One Man Earth Auger Reviews 2018
In today’s market, there are a lot of one man earth auger, manual earth auger, gas powered earth auger, and electric earth auger. However, with a lot of possible choices, it can be hard to trust which of these products is the best bang for your buck.
Choosing a great one man auger is essential especially for the kind of soil you have
In this one man earth auger review, we will show you the top five products that many gardeners and homeowners have tried and tested in their own gardens and yards. The review is perfect for starters or anyone who is looking for a better replacement with their current augers.
#1 Southland SEA438 43cc Earth Auger
Southland SEA438 43cc Earth Auger. Via: Amazon.com
It is no question that our recommended auger is the top product on this list. This 43cc engine powerhouse comes with an 8-inch gas-powered auger bit. The product has a maximum digging capacity of 2.3 feet; however, this can still depend on your soil conditions. It has a staggering 316 RPM speed to get that digging going. It contains a 2-cycle engine, two open-ended wrenches, a spark, plug, and a small bottle of premix oil.
The tank fuel is designed to be translucent to provide convenience for its users to know how much fuel is left. Depending on the amount of rocks and large roots in your area, this can handle heavy operations as well. It is both EPA and CARB certified, which means that the materials in this product are definitely safe for the environment.
- The fuel tank is very secured, making it leak-free even in storage.
- The 316 RPM provides fast jobs, which can dig 45 deep holes for just 2-3 hours.
- The startup process is as fast as pulling it once.
- The product assembly is fairly easy and does not require any additional tools.
- The auger does not halt despite roots, rocks, and dry soil as obstacles.
- The product is energy efficient, which makes you spend less on fuel.
- The product may stop when digging with medium-sized rocks.
- Digging through clay solid soil may require moisture when using the product.
#2 XtremepowerUS Posthole Digger 43cc One Man Auger
The Xtremepower US 43cc One Man earth auger is one of the best one man augers, and it proves its place in the list. It houses a 43 engine and sports a 280 RPM for faster and more efficient diggings for your garden and yard. The product also has butterfly grips with an anti-vibration foam that helps reduce fatigue for long digging sessions.
The fuel tank has .98 liters or 33 ounces. The product comes with an 8-inch bit that can be replaced with a 6-inch or 10-inch bit but has to be bought separately. The product is EPA certified, which makes it safe to use for the environment.
- The 250 RPM provides a decent speed in digging around your yard.
- With the built-in foam, it gives easy and comfortable handling.
- The product is best for average use for medium-sized yards or gardens.
- The auger does not have any problems with different types of soil.
- This can be the best choice for first-timers.
- The product is a bit too expensive.
- The auger may get stuck with gooey clay-like soil and rocky soils.
- Fails to start with 1-2 pulls.
#3 XtremepowerUS 1200 Watts Electric Hole Digger
XtremepowerUS 1200 Watts Electric Hole Digger. Via: Amazon.com
Another product on this list is from XtremepowerUS, but this one is different since it is an electric earth auger. You will not be needing any sort of fuel for this product. It is completely electric and has a 1200W power, 1.6 HP, and a consumption of 10.9 AMP.
It has a maximum speed of 200 RPM and a 6-inch earth auger bit. The XtremepowerUS Electric Hole has a 4-inch bit that is approximate to 30-inches long. It weighs approximately 28.5 pounds, which is great for light usage.
- The product’s straightforward usage makes it the best choice for first-timers.
- Despite being electric, the product is energy efficient.
- The product is lightweight, which can definitely use as a one man earth auger.
- The product is made for small to average sized yards or garden with a decent soil condition.
- Due to its size and lightweight feature, it can be stored easily in any garage or home.
- The product has a very short cord, which requires you an extra long extension wire to go around your yard.
- Startup for this product may require many tries.
#4 GoPlus 1200 Watts Electric One Man Auger
GoPlus 1200 Watts Electric One Man Auger. Via: Amazon.com
Here we have another electric earth auger post hole digger in this review. The GoPlus Electric One Man Auger is lightweight and weighs approximately 26.8 pounds. It has a 1200W power and a consumption of 10.9 AMP. The product packs a promising 200 RPM speed for fast and easy drilling around your garden or yard.
The product comes with a 4 inch earth auger bit, but you can buy separate bits if you want a bigger hole. The product is also complete electric and does not require any fuel. It has a maximum drill length of approximately 560 millimeters or 22 inches.
- The pole retains a decent amount of power, which makes operation hours longer.
- It has a safety security lock to protect you when working around.
- This product is the quietest to use among the entire list.
- Maintenance is fairly easy since you don’t need to oil any engine and storing is easy.
- It’s a great choice for starters and average-sized yards.
- You might need an extension cord for this product.
- It does not have a clutch or reverse so when it hits an obstacle. It may stop, and you have to yank it out manually.
- The product is prone to overheating.
#5 Earthquake 43cc Auger Digger Combo
Earthquake 43cc Auger Digger Combo. Via: Amazon.com
The last product on our list is the Earthquake Auger Digger Combo. This is a gas powered earth auger, but because of its 40-pound weight, it might be too heavy for others and can be a two man earth auger instead. It comes with an 8-inch drill bit but the 7/8 shaft of the product is versatile for different types and diameter of auger bits including their own Eskimo Ice.
It has a 43cc 2-cycle engine. It packs a 250 RPM for faster and more efficient digging sessions around your yard and/or garden. The engine houses a 1.7HP power.
- The product is good for hauling an entire garden and is fit for heavy constructions or work.
- It can dig through any soil conditions, including dry and hard soil.
- It’s experienced gardener or homeowner’s best choice.
- With the manual, it is fairly straightforward and easy to use.
- The handles are ergonomically designed for better handling and reduce pain for long operations.
- The product is the most expensive on this list.
- The auger can jerk violently once it hits a medium to large sized rock while digging.
- The weight is not good for one man handling depending on your body type (not recommended for those with skinny body type).
How To Choose An One Man Earth Auger
Before you go pondering which product to buy from our earth auger reviews, it is best to know how to choose the one man earth auger that is suited for you. Here’s a quick guide on what to look for.
Manual digging in your garden can take overhauling months to complete but with augers, it can be cut down to days or weeks
1. Do you need it?
If you are constantly planting in your garden or need a fence change, digging manually can be a pain. A one man earth auger is best for small to average projects and usually needs a gas/oil mix because of its 2-cycle engine. Two man earth augers run on a 4-cycle engine and do not require mixing.
Different diameters in auger bits are essential for the type of work you will be doing
2. What diameter size should I choose?
The auger bit’s diameter is important. The smaller the diameter the more casual your garden haul is. Smaller diameters are great for planting, replacing, or placing lightweight fences, as well as for PVC drains. Bigger diameters are great for planting large trees or bushes, digging 4×4-6×6 holes, and for getting extra space for your plants’ roots.
Fences like these may require several digging sessions and an earth auger can help the job easier
3. Does power matter?
Your auger’s power matter since it can give you an inkling of its performance, how long it may last, and how much you can handle. Technically, if you’re not doing constant deep diggings and have good or soft soil conditions, you may not need high-powered augers for that. Also, the more powerful your auger is, it can backfire once you hit an unexpected obstacle.
Earth augers also have ice attachment bits too when winter time comes around
4. Electric earth augers vs. Gas-powered earth augers: Which one to choose?
When it comes to choosing between these two, its best to keep in mind the size of your garden or yard and how much work you should be doing. It is not efficient to choose a wired and electric auger for a fairly large garden.
On the other hand, if you are not familiar with mixing oils and gas, it is best to stick to electric augers since it has a straightforward startup, minus all the pulling.
Choosing a garden equipment can take a long time, especially when there are a lot to choose from
Either you are a homeowner or your business is in line with gardening, an earth auger is a necessity for you. With a lot of earth augers for sale on the market, our earth auger reviews can help you choose the best one man earth auger for your need.
Our recommended product, Southland SEA438 43cc Earth Auger has proved that it packs all you want in a very affordable and compact body. In addition, you can always buy a separate auger bit if the product’s own auger bit is too big or small for your need.
We hope this has helped you in a lot of ways, and you can absolutely share this with your friends and family who might be needing one today!
Overhauling your garden soon? Check out lawn mowers and leaf shredders that you will surely need in your garden.