Want to check the best among the best but doesn’t have much time? Check out our top pick for the best humidifier for grow room!
Guardian Technology’s Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is highly recommended by our team and by its verified purchasers. It can humidify a middle-sized grow room with a gallon of water for 15 to 70 hours! Its ultrasonic technology gives you a quite working humidifier while repurposing dry and static air in the atmosphere. The humidifier is also free from mold and mildew growth as its water tank surface fights them off! There is nothing more to ask.
Do not be fooled by how it looks! It can perform more work than you can imagine by just looking at it. Want more recommendations from our team of experts? Check out our 5 best humidifier for grow room listed out conveniently just for you!
Comparison Table: 5 Best Humidifier for Grow Room
Key Features of the Best Humidifier for Grow Room
Humidifiers come in many different sizes, designs, and functions. However, many of them aren’t designed for indoor gardening but for household use. You can definitely still use them, but you got to learn how to perfectly calibrate them based on your grow room size and your plant’s needs.
Nevertheless, the best humidifier for grow room has features that every indoor gardener should look after. Keep note of the following:
Humidifiers should be easy to use.
Ease of use for a humidifier has a lot to do with its design and features. Small, tabletop humidifiers are generally easier to move around, clean, and replace water. Although console and other larger humidifiers may need some strength and effort to lift, they shouldn’t be too much for two adults.
Dehumidifiers should be portable and have user-friendly features. Source: youtube.com
Grow room humidifier systems should also be user-friendly. The best ones contain a few buttons for control and an LED screen that reflects the humidity level and/or speed of the fan. Evaporative humidifiers that have a wick system should also be easy and not too costly to replace.
Humidifiers Are Best With a Humidistat.
The best grow room humidifier includes a humidistat that automatically shuts-off when water is empty or when the desired humidity is attained. Nevertheless, there are those that do not have one that can still effectively humidify your grow room. You just have to make sure that it does not raise the humidity too much for it to cause condensation on parts of your grow room space.
If you can spend more, you can simply purchase a hygrometer to check the humidity level of your humidifier. This is a way to compensate for lack of humidistat.
A hygrometer measures the humidity level in your grow room.
One should be able to set time in the humidifier.
Setting the running time of your humidifier manually can be daunting when done regularly. This is why a humidifier for grow room is best when you can program it. You can set it such that it runs while you are sleeping and stops when it reaches your desired humidity level.
Humidifiers with pre-installed timers rid you of the hassle of manually operating it.
Be mindful, however, of the possibility of growing microbes in your tank. To prevent this from happening, you have to clean the humidifier and dry it well in between uses.
Consider the run time of your humidifier.
Humidifiers have varying run times. Some can last for 15 hours while others for 70 hours. Run times are generally defined by the amount of time that your humidifier uses up its water storage. Having to refill them constantly is tiring; thus, humidifiers that can last for more than 24 hours are already on the market. Choose one that’ll add more comfort to your gardening endeavor.
Humidifiers should be easy to clean.
So, you have been so concerned about how to increase humidity in your grow room that you forgot if the moisture your humidifier releases is still safe for your plants. Do not be misled! Making sure your humidifier is clean is just as important as having one.
Your humidifiers filtrations sheets should be cleaned and replaced on a regular basis. Source: climatecontrolcorp.com
Remove any residue on your humidifier filters on a weekly basis. Disinfect it with a solution, rinse, and dry thoroughly. Follow the manufacturer’s guideline that is usually included upon purchase.
5 Best Humidifier for Grow Room
No-noise Cool Mist Humidifier by TaoTronics. Via: Amazon.com
If you are looking for the best humidifier for grow room that will assist in your plant health, this is your best choice! TaoTronic’s humidifier fights microorganism that may build up in itself while effectively filtering its water content. It’s even better because it produces zero noise that people around may find disturbing.
- Its ultrasonic diffusion provides a quite humidification as it does not produce any disturbing noise.
- The cartridge of the product is microporous which effectively filters water and rids itself of microorganisms.
- It is appropriate for various needs as its vapor is adjustable.
- If you ask a grower how to make a small grow room, he surely will recommend this humidifier in addition to answering. This humidifier’s 4L water capacity can produce up to 15 hours of mist perfect for a small grow room.
- Additional features include an LED display, a built-in timer, a sleep mode option, and a rotatable nozzle.
- A few customers reported it is not that durable.
Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier by Essick Air. Via: Amazon.com
Want to raise humidity in grow room without worrying about having too much of it, worry not! Essick Air’s humidifier has an automatic shut-off feature that will ensure it does not happen. Additionally, it can detect when your unit is empty. Best of all, it can cover up to 3600 sq. ft. of room space and can last up to 36 hours!
- The humidifier has a large whole-house coverage of up to 3600 sq. ft.
- The humidistat is digital; thus, you can adjust the product with accuracy.
- It is able to increase humidity in grow room without going over the top! It automatically shuts off when empty or when the humidity level is at its fullest.
- Its evaporative wick system traps mineral deposits, making it easier for you to clean them.
- The humidifier can be noisy as confessed by some customers.
- It can be too big for some small grow rooms.
Pedestal-Style Evaporative Humidifier by Essick Air. Via: Amazon.com
The best dehumidifier for your grow room does not have to be far off from your home décor. This pedestal-style evaporative humidifier can complement your room while providing the right level of humidity for your plants. It is easily adjustable and has a smart functional design.
- This pedestal-style humidifier can humidify a 2,400 sq. ft. grow room efficiently.
- One great quality of this best humidifier for grow room is its digital humidistat that enables you to automatically maintain the desired level of humidity.
- Its display allows you to compare the actual humidity, desired humidity, and fan speed.
- The product has 9 different fan speeds that you can customize to your needs.
- It shuts off automatically when water is empty or when desired humidity level is achieved.
- The unit can make some loud noise because of its size.
2-in-1 Humidifier and Air Purifier by Venta. Via: Amazon.com
Are you a hobbyists looking for a small dehumidifier for grow room? Stop the search! Venta’s 2-in-1 humidifier and air purifier has proven itself since 1982. Not only does it humidify but also removes allergens that may harm your plants. This is indeed one of the best choices for a humidifier when learning how to make a small grow room.
- It humidifies and purifies grow room from harmful allergens like dust and pet dander.
- The product doesn’t require filter placements as the water in it acts as filters.
- This best humidifier for grow room does not leave off any white dust and releases only purified air.
- It auto-shuts as water is used up.
- Can cover a 200, 400 and 800 sq. ft. grow rooms.
- Venta accessories for the product need to be purchased separately.
Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier by Guardian Technology. Via: Amazon.com
Guardian Technology’s humidifier is perfect for middle-sized grow rooms. It can contain a gallon of water which can run for 15-70 hours depending on setting and conditions in the atmosphere. Just like any of the best humidifier for grow room, this product does produce unnecessary noise while repurposing static and dry air.
- The humidifier disperses a clean, humidified mist without producing any noise.
- The water tanks surface is also made safe from mold and mildew growth on the surface.
- It can be adjusted variable speeds and has a night light feature that makes it a best grow room dehumidifier.
- It can hold up a gallon of water and can run for 15-70 hours.
- The product is perfect for medium-sized grow rooms.
- Its size lessens its effectivity in large grow rooms.
Tips for Choosing and Using Your Best Grow Room Humidifier
Whether you are a hobbyists or a grower, choosing the best humidifier for grow room is of utmost importance for you plant health. Remember to not cheap out on this matter as it could cost you your hobby or business. With this said, here are tips on how you can choose the best humidifier for grow room.
Choose a Dehumidifier Appropriate For Your Grow Room Size.
Needless to say, your grow room size is your basis for choosing the size for your humidifier. Residential humidifiers are typically smaller than commercial ones, but they can still function well for small to medium size grow rooms. If not enough, you can always opt for larger ones or add another unit.
A small household humidifier may suffice for small-sized grow room but will definitely be insufficient for larger ones.
So, which dehumidifier size for grow room should you choose? The simple answer is— check the size of your grow room and decide from there. If you know how, you may also use a grow room dehumidifier calculator.
Control humidifier to control your grow room’s humidity levels.
Your dehumidifier size for grow room does not necessarily dictate the humidity levels it can produce. You have to learn, however, that the ideal range for grow room humidity is 40-45% relative humidity (RH). If it rises to 60%, unwanted biological organisms like molds and mildews will be encouraged to grow.
On the flip side, a humidity level of less than 30% reduces transpiration, thereby slowing down plant growth. Clearly, any plant grower wants none of this to happen. Therefore, a dehumidifier in grow room is used to lower or raise the humidity to appropriate levels, allowing better yields.
A high-relative humidity (RH) may look nice in a glass window, but it does not do any good to your indoor grow plants. Source: cdn-tehran.wisgoon.com
Use the humidifier in conjunction with other ventilation tools.
Sometimes, a humidifier doesn’t suffice to maintain a healthy air movement in grow room. However, air circulation is vital for the plant’s healthy growth. This is when oscillating wall fans, floor fans, air-conditioning, and other ventilation tools are used in conjunction with humidifiers.
A floor fan and other ventilation tools should be utilized with a humidifier for a more robust plant health.
Your humidifier works best in an insulated and sealed grow room.
Wind, sunlight, and outside humidity can interfere with indoor gardening. Thus, more and more growers are using foam insulations or grow tents to seclude grow room from the outside environment. This is especially useful for places with fluctuating temperature and humidity levels. Properly sealing and insulating your grow room gives your indoor plants a more stable environment.
Be sure your dehumidifier doesn’t compete with standing water in grow room.
There is a lot of water in the grow room, sometimes there is too much of it. In a grow room without proper drainage or uncovered water reservoirs, it is difficult to manage humidity. Make sure to be mindful of them to avoid fluctuations in your grow room’s humidity levels. This way you can maximize the best humidifier for grow room!
All things considered, your grow room needs a perfectly humidified atmosphere. What better way to achieve this than to purchase the best humidifier for grow rooms?
We hope the information was helpful and compelling enough for you to consider having a humidifier for your grow room. If it is, do not be stingy and share this good news with your friends!
To maximize the benefits for your grow room, check out our reviews for 5 Best Grow Tent Kits! Thank you for dropping by!