Best Folding Saw For Bushcraft 2017 Reviews: Top 5 Folding Saws In The Market
Folding saws are an essential outdoor tool designed to cut through any material you can encounter. Read more to know the best folding saw for bushcraft 2017 reviews.
If you happen to be someone who is an avid DIY fan, gardener, survival enthusiast, frequent camper, or a carpenter on-the-go, then a folding saw is your next best friend. A folding saw is a portable saw with jagged tooth blade that folds into a handle as a pocketknife does. With a lot of portable knives and saws in the market, a folding saw for bushcraft offers affordability and versatility for you.
Top 5 Best Folding Saws For Bushcraft 2017 Reviews
With all the products you see displayed on your hardware stores or promoted on online shopping services, it may get a little confusing as to which product is worth for your money. Products can belong in the midrange section or the high-end section. This section will help you reduce your selection time and help you focus on the best folding saws for bushcraft and pruning in the market. Here are the top 5 best folding saws for bushcraft that are worthy for the money spent:
This folding saw offers a general purpose of cutting plastic, wood, paper, and even bone. The Bahco- Laplander Folding Saw is specifically designed for camping and gardening, which is best for bushcraft. The product weighs approximately 14.1 ounces.
- It offers a replaceable blade which is perfect for longevity and quality.
- Its blade is 7 ½ long which has a special coating to prevent rust and low friction.
- It has seven teeth per inch perfect for outdoors and camping enthusiast and survival purposes.
- It has a two-component plastic handle, giving you a perfect grip. In addition, it is complete with a leather strap and a safety lock when the folding saw is folded and not in use.
- It is perfect for fishing enthusiasts as well.
- Its top-notch quality can cut down trees for firewood and logs used in camping and bushcraft.
- It is perfectly lightweight.
- Its blade size and quality are perfect for any material.
- The lock mechanism easily gets faulty after several uses.
- It can sometimes be flimsy.
This product is great for gardening and outdoor camping. Its heavy-duty blade and the perfect grip are best for bushcraft and pruning. This folding saw offers the versatility and the flexibility a folding saw should offer. It outperforms your regular hand saw which could take long when cutting trees and other materials. The product weighs approximately 11 ounces.
This product has a specially designed handle which is ergonomically perfect to suit your needs. The rubber material prevents slips and provides a good grip. It gives you a strong metal adjusting tension lock in a nut bracket to ensure safety lock.
- It comes with a carry case for easier portability.
- The blade is 10 inches long and is curved for better precision.
- It has 7 teeth per inch and is made from triple-ground Mn steel.
- It cuts through trees, plastic, limbs, and bones perfectly and with ease.
- It is specially treated to prevent it from rusting. With such beastly blade, the SPORTSMAN Folding Saw is the best folding saw for bushcraft or pruning anytime, anywhere.
- It has a comfortable grip.
- The blades do not rust easily as compared to other brands.
- The blade’s thinness can be prone to bending.
- It is not ideal for hunting animals.
- The blade wears out easily when not properly cleaned after use.
This product offers state of the art quality for every outdoor enthusiast out there. It can cut through any material with ease and precision. The product weighs approximately 1.4 pounds and is available in 3 colors (black, yellow, silver)
The product is deemed as the “teeth of the future” which offers precise, smooth, fast, and clean cutting edges with four different angles. You can get the product with two available blade lengths respectively: 14 1/5 inches (360mm) or 16 ½ inches (420 mm).
- It has a curved blade with 5.5 teeth per inch. It is hard-chrome plated, making it durable and sharp.
- A rubber-designed handle gives you a perfect hand grip. This encases the blade extension which absorbs vibrations during cutting.
- The handle ensures you a no-slip action during your outdoor activities.
- It is complete with a security lock to prevent accidents when not in use.
- It is specially treated to prevent rust and can be wiped clean easily.
- The blade doesn’t wear out easily.
- The balde’s cut strength and quality are comparable to chainsaws.
- The blade’s drooping point at the end may cause trouble during cutting thick trees and logs.
This product is great for gardening and camping needs. It can replace your old gardening tools that help you in pruning trees, bushes, and other things. The product weighs approximately 6.2 ounces. It is perfect for trimming and cutting wood, may it be soft or hardwood, trees, bushes, shrubs, and much more.
- It cuts into woods and branches without difficulty.
- The blade is made up of high carbon steel which provides the best durability and toughness.
- It has heat treated teeth to prevent it from rusting easily and makes it remain sharp and effective after many uses.
- The handle is ergonomically designed to give you the perfect grip and prevents slips.
- The black bubbles embedded in the handle offers a comfortable grip for its users.
- In addition, it is equipped with a safety lock to prevent any danger and accident when not in use.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- The plastic handle makes it flimsy.
- The security lock does not hold properly.
It cuts through any bush, tree, or wood easily, which makes it one of the best folding saws for bushcraft. The compact pocket size Friendly Swede’s Folding Saw pacts a strength for all your outdoor and gardening needs. The product weighs approximately 9.1 ounces.
The blade is 8 inches long and is made up of 65 Mn steel, making it durable. It has about 7 teeth per inch. The sharp blade is perfect for cutting bushes and trees.
- It is solid and well-constructed.
- The handle is ergonomically designed to provide a better grip and prevent slips during handling.
- There are two pieces of 550 paracords attached at the end of the handle, which is great for outdoor use and convenience when traveling or hiking.
- A safety lock is included in the folding saw to ensure safety when the blade is not in use.
- It is lightweight and easy to store.
- It does not rust easily.
- The handles are great for gripping.
- The blade’s thinness causes it to bend easily.
- Cutting through thicker wood makes the blade flimsy.
Uses of a Bushcraft Folding Saw
Since this tool offers versatility and flexibility, the bushcraft folding saw has various uses that fit for your outdoor needs! It can be used for bushcraft, for survival, and backpacking. A bushcraft folding saw can benefit you by easily clearing pathway or cutting and trimming wood. For pruning and gardening, the bushcraft folding saw offers you a better grip and control for pruning your trees or bushes.
Things To Consider Before Buying Folding Saw for Bushcraft
Before rushing to your nearest hardware store for your tool haul, there are a couple of things you have to keep in mind. By knowing what to look for in a folding saw for bushcraft, you can save time and have the best deal out of your money.
1. The Blade
The blade is the most important part of your folding saw. You should invest your time and consider this aspect. One vital key to look into is the thickness of the teeth of the blade. The thickness can indicate how smooth the cuts a certain folding saw can make.
For instance, if you are using it for bushcraft, survival, woodwork, and camping, the thicker and medium-sized teeth are what you should look for. This helps cut through wood smoother and more accurately. Another vital key to look into is the blade’s size. A smaller blade has finer teeth while a larger blade has coarser teeth. Some folding saws have interchangeable blades which are great for flexibility, longevity, and robustness. There are certain models of folding saws that allow for interchangeable blades.
2. The Material
After inspecting the blade of your folding saw, you should always consider and know what type of material was used in the folding saw’s blade and handle. Is it made of stainless steel, or is it carbon coated? The type of material used will always determine the quality of the product and its ability to handle the versatility it offers. Make sure that both the blade and the handle are made to be durable and efficient.
3. The Handle
Like any other handheld tools, it is very important to have a good handle. With a sharp tool like the folding saw, you would not want a handle that makes it slippery, which can cause danger and accidents. The best folding saw for bushcraft offers you ergonomically designed handle which makes handling and usage easy and efficient. Rubber material in the handle is advisable. It prevents strain and slips.
A folding saw should always be in your pocket if you are spending most of your time outdoors. Its compact and lightweight capability makes it easy for hiking and storage. If you are trying to master your camping, survival, and bushcraft skills, owning a folding saw is essential for you.
If you are an avid gardener, you probably need a garden cart for you cuttings and other garden haul or a water pressure cleaner for your patio or driveway. If your logs are too big for an average folding saw to split, try using log splitters instead. However, you always need to look for the best bushcraft folding saw to help you with your gardening hobbies and outdoor activities. Having the best folding saw for bushcraft and pruning can save you a lot of time in the garden, especially if you are into grafting.
Out of all the top 5 best folding saw for bushcraft, I personally recommend the SILKY- Landscaping Hand Saw. Its state-of-the-art blade technology makes you cut through any material with ease and precision. It guarantees a smooth and clean cut every time you use it. Also, the blade does not require heavy cleaning every after use due to its easy wipe clean technology. Although it might be on the pricy side, this is a worthy buy. With a blade quality and the best ergonomically designed handle, the SILKY- Landscaping Hand Saw sure has a punch and is worth your money!
This article might have been a long read but it is ensured that you just read a quality and honest reviews. Feel free to share this in any of your social media sites so a lot of your friends and acquaintances can learn more about folding saws. Thank you for taking your time to read and considering our recommendation!
You might like this: