Fleas sometimes stay between bricks, so it’s better to flood them
Weeds, as well as dandelions, are considered very undesirable and naturally unwanted in our gardens and lawns. Their very existence destroys the aesthetic beauty of the gardens. Aside from this, small pests like fleas are also hand-in-hand with the weeds in destroying our lawns. Getting rid of them becomes a burden to household owners who have spent a large amount of money on getting professional services in making the gardens and lawns beautiful.
So, how do you get rid of fleas to return your gardens and lawns to its original glory? What is the best flea bomb for a yard that we should use to terminate these annoying fleas. Worry no more because, in this article, we are going to share with you some necessary information about the infestation of fleas in your yard, the termination of these pests, as well as the five best flea bombs for your yard that you have to buy on the market.
Fleas sometimes hid under the plant’s leaves
Five Best Flea Bombs For Yard That We Recommend
Let us take a closer look at the five best flea bomb for yard!
Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Concentrate. Via:Amazon.com
The Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Concentrate is considered the best flea bomb for yard. It is a 32-ounce spray concentrate placed inside a plastic container. This is made in the United States of America. It comes with a gray product bottle and a blue nozzle.
- This bug control spray features a fast-acting formula that kills all the kinds of bug in your yard. This is not only for fleas but also for other insects and pests like ants, mosquitoes, house crickets, fleas, and other bugs.
- This product can treat up to 5,000 square feet. Therefore, it can cover all the areas in your yard, lawn, and even inside your house.
- Its active agent can control pest infestation from 4 up to 12 weeks even during rain.
- It comes with a hose that can be easily attached to the nozzle of the container for easy use.
- The ingredients of this product will not harm your garden plants and foliage.
- This product is not good for butterflies and bees that are considered as beneficial garden insects.
- The quality of the spray bottle is not that good. It easily leaks.
- Buyers claim that the spray sometimes does not work properly. Even newly-bought bottles have a spray that does not work at all. If it works, it explodes most of the time, soaking the rest of the bottle.
- You have to wait for 24 hours to have the full effect of the product.
Ortho Bug B Gon Insect Killer. Via: Amazon.com
Another best flea bomb for yard is the Ortho Bug B Gon Insect Killer. This insect killer is a 32-ounce liquid spray. It comes in a red product bottle with a black handle and nozzle. This product features a money-back guarantee.
- This product can kill 235 known insects including fleas, spiders, ticks, mosquitoes, and ants.
- This is not only applicable for a house or for an apartment but also for your gardens and lawns since it can target insects and bugs in trees, vegetables, and shrubs.
- Its effect can be seen immediately as it kills undesirable insects within minutes.
- This can treat up to 5,300 sq. ft., so you may use this in various areas in your house.
- This is cheaper as compared to other insect killers.
- This product contains Bifenthrin which is toxic to fishes, bees, and butterflies. To lessen the effects, you can mix it with water. The ideal ratio is 1 ounce of Bifenthrin per 1 gallon of water.
- This can also be quite harmful to children, so avoid exposing this to areas where your child usually play.
- Some buyers complain that the hose connector easily cracks.
Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer. Via:Amazon.com
The Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer is also considered as the best flea bomb for yard. It has a ready-to-spray version of this insecticide that can be easily used for home gardens, landscapes, and lawns. You may also opt to use its concentrate version. It comes in a black product bottle.
- This insecticide can kill more than 250 listed insects including carpenter and harvester ants, house crickets, fleas, earwigs, lady beetles, and mosquitoes.
- It can control pests for up to three months.
- The active ingredient of this insecticide can kill both above and under the ground insects.
- This product can cover up to 5, 120 sq. ft. of your lawn.
- It is safe to use around fruits, vegetables, and flowering plants.
- The nozzle perfectly fits its hose, so no leaking is expected when applying this product.
- Some buyers complain that when they use this product, the liquid coming out from the nozzle seems like plain water and the pesticide chemical remained inside the bottle.
- This product does not work if the given instructions on the label are not followed properly.
- Other buyers would complain that when they spray it directly on the pests, they showed no reactions and just continued crawling and moving around the infested area.
- The nozzle of this product is said to crack easily and sometimes does not work properly.
Cutter Backyard Bug Control Fogger, 16 oz. Via: Amazon.com
The Cutter Backyard Bug Control is another bug spray (aside from Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Concentrate; #1 on the list) manufactured by Cutter. It is a 16-ounce outdoor pesticide spray or fogger that is being contained inside a cylindrical tin can with a dimension of 2.6 x 2.6 x 9.7 inches.
- This pesticide instantly repels and kills mosquitoes in contact.
- It also repels and kills other insects like flies and mosquitoes.
- This can come in handy since you can easily grip it with one hand.
- It is perfect for picnic areas infested with mosquitoes, as well as in patios and lawns infested with fleas and other bugs.
- Spraying this would create a bite-free zone because mosquitoes are very allergic to the active ingredient of this pesticide.
- You have the option to order it in a case pack of 1, 2, 6 or 12.
- It contains only 16 ounces of pesticide; therefore, you can cover only a small area when you apply this.
- This product may not be available for 1 to 2 days shipping due to a certain law restricting the shipping of any liquefied products enclosed in this type of container in airplanes. This should only be shipped via ground ship methods.
- It cannot kill all types of bugs and insects like carpenter, fire, and harvester ants.
Black Flag Flea & Tick Killer. Via: Amazon.com
The Black Flag Flea & Tick Killer is a 32-ounce spray concentrate enclosed in a yellow plastic bottle. Its nozzle is in black color. This pesticide is ideally for the termination of fleas and ticks in your yard.
- It comes in a read-to-spray bottle.
- You have the option to order it in a pack of 1 or 6.
- This product controls the infestation of fleas and ticks in your lawns and inside the house for up to 4 weeks.
- It can cover a large area of up to 5,000 sq. ft. of your yard.
- You may also choose the latest model of this item which is the Black Flag HG-11108 (R) Killer that kills and controls outdoor fleas for up to 12 weeks.
- This is also good in treating the fleas and ticks on your cats and dogs.
- Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested when you buy this product.
- It’s a bit expensive as compared to other pesticides.
- The on-off knob comes off easily from its spray head.
These are the five best flea bombs for a yard that we highly recommend. Now let us have an overview of what fleas are and why we should terminate them. We should also understand why we should use the best flea bomb for a yard.
What Are Fleas And Why Should Use The Best Flea Bomb For Yard In Terminating Them?
If you have pets like dogs or cats in the house, there is a greater chance that fleas might manifest in your lawn. Fleas are very small pests that usually stay in your pet’s fur or other things that are furry like your carpets. They also like to stay in cool, shady places like the one in your garden. They may live in your garden’s trees or shrubs. They can survive both indoor and outdoor.
They are known to be ectoparasites that caused the death of most Europeans in the Middle Ages. They are very harmful since they suck the blood of their hosts which causes the transmission of various diseases. So, if you think there are fleas in your house, go ahead and purchase the best flea bomb for a yard.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Foggers
Pest control professionals and health experts strongly suggest using foggers as a last resort, and for obvious reasons. Flea foggers and flea bombs, while proven highly effective to kill fleas, contain chemicals that may be harmful to humans and other pets.
However, if the flea infestation has gone beyond control and you have tried every possible flea bomb alternative but to no avail, using a flea bomb fogger is your best option.
One of the most obvious advantages of using foggers is that it can instantly kill adult fleas as well as flea eggs that could be hiding under the grass, cracks and concrete joints around your patio. Moreover, since most flea foggers have an effectivity of up to 12 weeks, they can efficiently cut the life cycle of fleas.
If your homes are infested by more than just one type of pest, it’s also good to know that the active ingredients in flea foggers can also kill ticks and bed bugs — from adults, larvae, and eggs — making them the ultimate answer to your pest control problems.
There are, however, a few disadvantages in using a flea fogger to control fleas. For one, it is a deadly blend of chemicals that can pose a serious threat to human health. While exposure to these chemicals may not instantly kill human beings, improper handling may contaminate food and water, resulting in minor health issues that can rack up after repeated exposures.
Another disadvantage is the cumbersomeness of the application process, especially when you are using the flea fogger inside your home. While most flea bomb reviews tell you how easy to use certain products are, when you check the flea bomb directions for use, you’ll find that extreme safety precaution should be taken to avoid contamination and skin contact with the liquid.
Do Flea Bombs Work?
Flea bomb for yards are proven effective to kill fleas 99% of the time, depending on how it is used. When adult fleas are detected in the yard, chances are, they have invaded your home, too. Eggs and larvae could already be nestled cozily in your carpet or lodged in your couch. If you have pets, they could have infested your pet and have occupied your pet’s bedding. So while flea bombs for yards work to rid your surroundings of pesky pests, it has to be used simultaneously with flea foggers for homes.
Homeowners would usually ask for ways to flea bomb house naturally or whether there is a pet-safe flea bomb on the market that they can use for both homes and pets. Unfortunately, natural flea treatment formulas are not as effective in treating severe cases of flea and tick infestation. You will have to flea bomb your yard, flea bomb your home, and treat your pets at the same time for a more powerful and efficient flea control.
How Long Does It Take to Flea Bomb a House?
Flea bombing a house can take a little more than four hours. Most chemical flea bombs need to be left inside homes for four hours for them to kill even the tiniest eggs hidden between floorboards and baseboards. This amount of time, however, does not include your moving the furnitures off the carpet, covering furnitures with sheets, sealing aquariums with plastic wrap or moving them outside for safety, making sure cooking wares and utensils are put away safely in cabinets, and ensuring that all lights and electric appliances are turned off as flea bombs are potentially flammable; they may set your whole house on fire.
If you think four hours of waiting time is too long, you can use this to flea bomb your yard and take your pet to the vet for flea treatment. By the time you come back, you would be ready to open your home and air it out to release chemical residue in the air.
What Are the Best Flea Bomb Foggers?
Even the thought of having to use a flea and tick bomb for both home and yard can be disturbing, but sometimes it’s the only way to go. If you like though, you can supplement this method with homemade non-toxic flea bomb using ingredients found in your kitchen. Rosemary and lemon are popular ingredients for making homemade flea spray that you can use on both your pets and home. You can also sprinkle entryways with diatomaceous earth to naturally eliminate these troublesome creatures. To keep your pet free from fleas, you can use regular flea shampoo and flea comb to remove eggs after each bath and wash your pet bedding regularly using hot water and soap. Soap in hot water kills fleas by drowning them.
Fleas are usually found in areas where your pet usually dwells
How To Check The Presence Of Flea In Your Yard?
If you are suspecting that you have fleas in your house, you may use several ways to check their presence. One is through a sock test. Wear a pair of white cotton socks up to the calves, and then walk along your lawn and other parts of your house. Stay a little longer in your carpet since fleas like to stay in furry areas. Shuffle your feet to warm the area where you are standing since fleas are easily attracted to heat, as well as to carbon dioxide exhaled by mammals. These unwanted house guests might hitch on your socks. Fleas, as well as their dirt, would be visible on the white sock as they usually have a dark color.
Another way of determining whether or not you have fleas in your yard is to flood your place with water. Fleas sometimes hide between your wooden floors or bricks. So, it would be better to use a pressure washer in flooding your area. By doing so, fleas and others pests like ticks will float, and if that happens, it is time for you to do some action in terminating them.
Tapes are commonly used to trap fleas on lawn furniture
Now that you already know how to detect the infestation of fleas, as well as the termination of these pests, it will be easier for you to de-flea your yards, garden, or lawns. With the aid of your chosen best flea bomb for a yard, these uninvited guests would definitely be gone for good.
You may find it tiring to spray all over your garden, yard or lawn using the hose that usually comes with the flea bomb product. As an option to make your work easier and faster, you may use a longer expandable hose in spraying the insecticides of your choice, or you may opt to use different types of pump sprayers instead.
Final Review on Best Flea Bomb
You may choose any of the five best flea bombs for a yard that are presented above. Personally, I recommend the Black Flag Flea Killer. It is because you can apply it not only in areas of your house but also in your lawns, yards, gardens, and even in pets. Having a pet in the house is a great thing. However, when they are infested with fleas, it doesn’t mean we have to get rid of them too. We just have to kill the fleas dwelling on their bodies, as well as around our very own houses.
So, there you have it! You are already given the necessary information about the infestation of fleas, as well as the termination of these pests. Thanks for reading and please do share this with your friends.