Best Flea Bombs For Yard That Are Highly Recommended For Homeowners This 2017!
Getting rid of fleas in your yard is not easy. Learn how to get rid of fleas efficiently and the best flea bomb for yard we recommend in this article.
Weeds, as well as dandelions, are considered as very undesirable and naturally unwanted in our gardens and lawns. Their very existence destroys the aesthetic beauty of the gardens. Aside from this, small pests like fleas are also hand-in-hand with the weeds in destroying our lawns. Getting rid of them becomes a burden to household owners who have spent a large amount of money in getting professional services in making the gardens and lawns beautiful.
So, how do you get rid of fleas to return your gardens and lawns to its original glory? What is the best flea bomb for yard that we should use to terminate these annoying fleas in our yard? Worry no more because, in this article, we are going to share with you with necessary information about the infestation of fleas in your yard, the termination of these pests, as well as the five best flea bombs for yard that you have to buy on the market.
Five Best Flea Bombs For Yard That We Recommend
Let us take a closer look at the five best flea bomb for yard!
The Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Concentrate is considered the best flea bomb for yard. It is a 32-ounce spray concentrate placed inside a plastic container. This is made in the United States of America. It comes with a gray product bottle and a blue nozzle.
- This bug control spray features a fast-acting formula that kills all the kinds of bug in your yard. This is not only for fleas but also for other insects and pests like ants, mosquitoes, house crickets, fleas, and other bugs.
- This product can treat up to 5,000 square feet. Therefore, it can cover all the areas in your yard, lawn, and even inside your house.
- Its active agent can control pest infestation from 4 up to 12 weeks even during rain.
- It comes with a hose that can be easily attached to the nozzle of the container for easy use.
- The ingredients of this product will not harm your garden plants and foliage.
- This product is not good for butterflies and bees that are considered as beneficial garden insects.
- The quality of the spray bottle is not that good. It easily leaks.
- Buyers claim that the spray sometimes does not work properly. Even newly-bought bottles have a spray that does not work at all. If it works, it explodes most of the time, soaking the rest of the bottle.
- You have to wait for 24 hours to have the full effect of the product.
Another best flea bomb for yard is the Ortho Bug B Gon Insect Killer. This insect killer is a 32-ounce liquid spray. It comes in a red product bottle with a black handle and nozzle. This product features a money-back guarantee.
- This product can kill 235 known insects including fleas, spiders, ticks, mosquitoes, and ants.
- This is not only applicable for house or for apartment but also for your gardens and lawns since it can target insects and bugs in trees, vegetables, and shrubs.
- Its effect can be seen immediately as it kills undesirable insects within minutes.
- This can treat up to 5,300 sq. ft., so you may use this in various areas in your house.
- This is cheaper as compared to other insect killers.
- This product contains Bifenthrin which is toxic to fishes, bees, and butterflies. To lessen the effects, you can mix it with water. The ideal ratio is 1 ounce of Bifenthrin per 1 gallon of water.
- This can also be quite harmful to children, so avoid exposing this to areas where you child usually play.
- Some buyers complain that the hose connector easily cracks.
The Spectracide Triazicide Insect Killer is also considered as the best flea bomb for yard. It has a ready-to-spray version of this insecticide that can be easily used for home gardens, landscapes, and lawns. You may also opt to use its concentrate version. It comes in a black product bottle.
- This insecticide can kill more than 250 listed insects including carpenter and harvester ants, house crickets, fleas, earwigs, lady beetles, and mosquitoes.
- It can control pests for up to three months.
- The active ingredient of this insecticide can kill both above and under the ground insects.
- This product can cover up to 5, 120 sq. ft. of your lawn.
- It is safe to use around fruits, vegetables, and flowering plants.
- The nozzle perfectly fits its hose, so no leaking is expected when applying this product.
- Some buyers complain that when they use this product, the liquid coming out from the nozzle seems like plain water and the pesticide chemical remained inside the bottle.
- This product does not work if the given instructions on the label are not followed properly.
- Other buyers would complain that when they spray it directly on the pests, they showed no reactions and just continued crawling and moving around the infested area.
- The nozzle of this product is said to crack easily and sometimes does not work properly.
The Cutter Backyard Bug Control is another bug spray (aside from Cutter Backyard Bug Control Spray Concentrate; #1 on the list) manufactured by Cutter. It is a 16-ounce outdoor pesticide spray or fogger that is being contained inside a cylindrical tin can with a dimension of 2.6 x 2.6 x 9.7 inches.
- This pesticide instantly repels and kills mosquitoes in contact.
- It also repels and kills other insects like flies and mosquitoes.
- This can come in a handy since you can easily grip it with one hand.
- It is perfect for picnic areas infested with mosquitoes, as well as in patios and lawns infested with fleas and other bugs.
- Spraying this would create a bite-free zone because mosquitoes are very allergic to the active ingredient of this pesticide.
- You have the option to order it in a case pack of 1, 2, 6 or 12.
- It contains only 16 once of pesticide; therefore, you can cover only a small area when you apply this.
- This product may not be available for 1 to 2 days shipping due to a certain law restricting the shipping of any liquefied products enclosed in this type of container in airplanes. This should only be shipped via ground ship methods.
- It cannot kill all types of bugs and insects like carpenter, fire, and harvester ants.
The Black Flag Flea & Tick Killer is a 32-ounce spray concentrate enclosed in a yellow plastic bottle. Its nozzle is in black color. This pesticide is ideally for the termination of fleas and ticks in your yard.
- It comes in a read-to-spray bottle.
- You have the option to order it in a pack of 1 or 6.
- This product controls the infestation of fleas and ticks in your lawns and inside the house for up to 4 weeks.
- It can cover a large area of up to 5,000 sq. ft. of your yard.
- You may also choose the latest model of this item which is the Black Flag HG-11108 (R) Killer that kills and controls outdoor fleas for up to 12 weeks.
- This is also good in treating the fleas and ticks on your cats and dogs.
- Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested when you buy this product.
- It’s a bit expensive as compared to other pesticides.
- The on-off knob comes off easily from its spray head.
These are the five best flea bombs for yard that we highly recommend. Now let us have an overview of what fleas are and why should we terminate them. Let us understand why we should use the best flea bomb for yard.
What Are Fleas And Why Should Use The Best Flea Bomb For Yard In Terminating Them?
If you have pets like dogs or cats in the house, there is a greater chance that fleas might manifest in your lawn. Fleas are very small pests that usually stay in your pet’s fur or other things that are furry like your carpets. They also like to stay in cool, shady places like the one in your garden. They may live in your garden’s trees or shrubs. They can survive both indoor and outdoor.
They are known to be ectoparasites that caused the death of most Europeans in the Middle Ages. They are very harmful since they suck the blood of their hosts which causes the transmission of various diseases. So, if you think there are fleas in your house, go ahead and purchase the best flea bomb for yard.
How To Check The Presence Of Flea In Your Yard?
If you are suspecting that you have fleas in your house, you may use several ways to check their presence. One is through a sock test. Wear a pair of white cotton socks up to the calves, and then walk along your lawn and other parts of your house. Stay a little longer in your carpet since fleas like to stay in furry areas. Shuffle your feet to warm the area where you are standing since fleas are easily attracted to heat, as well as to carbon dioxide exhaled by mammals. These unwanted house guests might hitch on your socks. Fleas, as well as their dirt, would be visible on the white sock as they usually have a dark color.
Another way of determining whether or not you have fleas in your yard is to flood your place with water. Fleas sometimes hide between your wooden floors or bricks. So, it would be better to use pressure washer in flooding your area. By doing so, fleas and others pests like ticks will float, and if that happens, it is time for you to do some action in terminating them.
Now that you already know how to detect the infestation of fleas, as well as the termination of these pests, it will be easier for you to de-flea your yards, garden, or lawns. With the aid of your chosen best flea bomb for yard, these uninvited guests would definitely be gone for good.
You may find it tiring to spray all over your garden, yard or lawn using the hose that usually comes with the flea bomb product. As an option to make your work easier and faster, you may use a longer expandable hose in spraying the insecticides of your choice, or you may opt to use different types of pump sprayers instead.
You may choose any of the five best flea bombs for yard that are presented above. Personally, I recommend the Black Flag Flea Killer. It is because you can apply it not only in areas of your house but also in your lawns, yards, gardens, and even in pets. Having a pet in the house is a great thing. However, when they are infested with fleas, it doesn’t mean we have to get rid of them too. We just have to kill the fleas dwelling on their bodies, as well as around our very own houses.
So, there you have it! You are already given the necessary information about the infestation of fleas, as well as the termination of these pests. Thanks for reading and please do share this with your friends.