The best cordless leaf blower can handle anything nature throws at you and your property, without the hassle of tangled wires.
You probably know that leaves change color each year, cluttering up your yard, deck, patio, or garden. But do you know exactly why this annoyance occurs? Or how?
Trees, like many animals, go through a sort of hibernation during winter.
During the warmer months, tree leaves produce chlorophyll (which lets them turn sunlight into food). In other words, tree leaves are essential to growing, flowering, and just generally staying alive.
But as the days grow shorter, most trees cut off resources from their leaves. Since there’s less sunshine to absorb, there’s no use keeping their leaves throughout winter.
Once cut off, the chlorophyll breaks down and the dead leaves transform into a palette of beautiful colors before dropping to the ground below.
Yes, this process is a beautiful display of nature and its unique adaptations. However, once the trees don’t need their leaves anymore, you probably don’t want them around either!
Don’t worry, though, because the best cordless leaf blower will make clean-up a breeze and (dare we say it?) even a little fun.
Why Use a Cordless Leaf Blower?
Image from Amazon
When fall comes and your lawn is covered in red-orange leaves, sometimes a rake just won’t cut it. Only a leaf blower will tidy your lawn without taking up your entire weekend.
Like with all yard appliances, when it comes to leaf blowers you want to pick the best one for the job.
If you have a small yard, a corded leaf blower will often take care of everything. Add an extension cord, and you can do the neighbors’ lawn, too.
But if you’re like me and have a larger yard that’s full of trees, a corded leaf blower is more hassle than it’s worth. Instead, you should look for the best cordless leaf blower and save yourself the headache.
If fallen leaves are a perennial problem for you, investing in the best cordless leaf blower can make this yearly job quicker and easier. Plus, you won’t break your back with a rake.
How to Choose the Best Cordless Leaf Blower for Your Lawn
Image from Amazon
Buying and using a cordless leaf blower doesn’t have to be a heavy-duty affair. Many models are relatively light and offer a maneuverable, handheld design. But that doesn’t mean they lack power.
The best cordless leaf blower is useless if it doesn’t work for your yard. For instance, if you regularly clear wet leaves mixed with other debris, you’ll need a backpack blower. This design offers a bit more power than a strictly handheld model.
On the other hand, a handheld unit is small and easy to store. These work great for smaller jobs and offer much more versatility than a corded blower. Of course, the smaller size means it can’t blow heavier materials. And the portable power source can limit how long you can use it.
Do you have the power?
Apart from size, you should also look at the power source. The best cordless leaf blower can be gas- or battery-powered. The choice is all up to you.
Blowers that use batteries are quiet and more eco-friendly. Plus, they’re simple and hassle-free, even for beginners. But they may have a shorter lifespan and can take a while to recharge.
With a gas-powered leaf blower, you exchange more power for noise and complexity. To start a gas blower, you’ll probably need to prime the engine to start it. Unlike battery-powered models, which normally use just a switch or button, this can be daunting for the inexperienced user.
Gas is also more expensive than electricity. However, you can always see exactly how much you have left, unlike some batteries. And as long as you have gas available to refill, you’ll never have to take a break if you run out of fuel.
Are there any bonus features?
There are some other things you’ll want to look at when searching for the best cordless leaf blower. One of the most common is a vacuum feature. With a bag or mulcher attachment, you can save time and energy by sucking the leaves up instead of blowing them away.
Features like this can add to the value of your leaf blower. But when determining the best cordless leaf blower for you, you should always look at the core features first.
Our Cordless Leaf Blower Selection Process
Image from Amazon
Sorting through the market to find the best cordless leaf blower can be a chore, especially if you want to buy one right away. That’s where the pros come into play.
Websites like The Spruce and New York Times’ Wirecutter take the most popular options and pit them against each other, crowning the best cordless leaf blower at the end.
These websites often use strict tests for their reviews. They pick the most desirable features in the best cordless leaf blower and then tell you how their choices stack up against their expectations.
But if that were all we looked at, it would ignore the opinions and experiences of thousands of real people. That’s why we also referenced customer reviews and their experiences using these leaf blowers day-to-day.
Best Cordless Leaf Blowers Money Can Buy
So which leaf blower is the best cordless leaf blower for your needs?
We’ve given you a range of options, listed here in alphabetical order. All you need to do is find the one that works for you!
- Max air flow at 100CFM. Air Speed:135 mph
- 3-speed variable speed switch provides control while in use
- Same runtime and power in a lighter, shorter Package compared to DCB200
- Efficient Brushless motor uses an innovative axial fan design that maximizes on air output and run time
- Up to 410 CFM of air volume at 120 mph to clear heavy debris
- Slim design, low weight and ergonomic design gives a comfortable work experience
- 🍃【No Cords, No Limitation】KIMO battery operated leaf blower will make your cleaning tasks easier and faster....
- 🍃【Powerful Copper Motor with Turbine Tech】Need't to endure the most tedious chore of raking up the yard's endless...
- 🍃【2-in-1 Sweeper & Vacuum】Buy a KIMO leaf blower vacuum, you can get a cordless leaf blower and a vacuum cleaner...
- Delivers up to 28 minutes of run time at mid-speed (15,800 RPM) using two 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries
- BL Brushless motor delivers up to 120 MPH air velocity and 473 CFM of air volume
- Sound pressure rating of 61 dB(A); measured per ANSI B 175.2 standard
- ★STEPLESS SPEED REGULATION--You can adjust your blower air speed from 130 MPH (High)-40 MPH (Low). Best fit for all...
- ★Comfortable to use-adjustable handle design: you can adjust the angle of the handle for the maximum comfort Use of...
- ★Durable & safe-confidence with multiple Certifications (UL, ELT, CE, GS, EMC, CSA). These stringent certifications...
- [TURBINE FAN TECH] Worx engineers figured out how to get a jet engine-type motor inside of a leaf blower. Super...
- [TWICE AS FAST AS PRO BLOWERS] Professional-grade gas blowers rely on outdated tech. The Turbine is cutting edge, and...
- [2 SPEEDS FOR DIFFERENT JOBS] Go slow for pavement or tight corners. On the open lawn, switch to speed 2 and see what...
- Create and maintain a CLEANZONE in and around your home, no smelly fumes
- Ultra-lightweight, compact design: easy to use and easy to store
- 120 mph air speed with 80 cfm air flow, at only 3.5 lbs. 120 MPH airspeed provides enough power to clean large areas.
Blow Leaves (And Your Neighbors) Away with a New Cordless Leaf Blower
As with any major lawn appliance, the best cordless leaf blower for you ultimately depends on your needs. Any of the models on our list would make a great addition to your lawn care arsenal.
If you’re shopping on a budget, consider the WORX Turbine 600 Electric Leaf Blower. This leaf blower is powerful, and not just for a model of this price and size. For the price and power, the Turbine 600 is just about unbeatable.
If you’re willing to go all-in on the best cordless leaf blower, the Makita XBU02PT1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Blower really has it all. Multiple battery packs, long battery life, and a powerful engine make this leaf blower a long-term investment that’s perfect for any yard.
Which of these cordless leaf blowers has earned a spot on your wish list? Let us know in the comments below!
Last update on 2023-03-21 at 10:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API