Best Corded Electric Lawn Mower Reviews For 2018
Are you on a hunt for the best tool that would end the torture caused by tall grasses and weeds? Stop the worry and get the best corded electric lawn mowers now!
Your lawn is one of the areas that can be easily seen by people that would walk past your house. Therefore, it is a must that you should always keep it clean. It should be free from tall grasses and undesired weeds. However, one should need the appropriate tools in achieving this. You may use a riding lawn mower, a gasoline-powered lawn mower, string trimmers, battery-powered weed eaters, or an electric lawn mower.
Cleaning your lawn will somehow be a hassle if you do it manually. You need the help of any device that can cut long grass and stubborn weeds. So, how do you choose the best mower for your garden? If you only need to cover a small area, like an outdoor patio, then a corded electric lawn mower will be enough to do the job. But how would you know which one is the appropriate lawn mower that is suitable for your cleaning purposes? Choose one from the five best corded electric lawn mowers that we listed down below. Check the reviews below and decide which is best for you.
Top 5 Best Corded Electric Lawn Mowers Reviews
Choosing the appropriate electric lawn mower is difficult, especially when you are presented with lots of different products. You would be confused on which one to choose taking into consideration the price, the quality, and the cleaning performance that your chosen lawn mower offers. Here are the five best corded electric lawn mower reviews that are perfect for your home garden:
The MJ401E Mow Joe is manufactured by Snow Joe. It weighs 28 pounds with a dimension of 36 x 16 x 38.5 inches and cutting width of 14 inches. It comes in an olive green color and has a full two-year warranty.
- It has a 12-amp motor that can cut a path of 14 inches wide.
- This lawn mower has three-position height control for adjusting the height of the grass to be cut.
- It has a grass catcher that is detachable so that the grass clippings can be disposed of easily and properly.
- This product is guaranteed to be maintenance free because it doesn’t need any gas, oil, or tune-ups.
- This product is smaller and lighter, which is ideal for small yards.
- The back wheels can be easily broken off.
- The grass catcher is small. Therefore, you have to empty it every now and then.
This 15-Inch Corded Mower with Edge Max is manufactured by Black & Decker. It weighs 36.2 pounds with a dimension of 30.2 x 18.4 x 17 inches. It comes in a combination of black and orange color. It has a two-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- This item offers two product options with regards to its deck – the 15-inch deck and the 17-inch deck.
- The height adjustment of this lawn mower has 6 settings that range from 1 and 1/10 inches to 3 and 1/10 inches.
- It features an Edge Max, which makes the lawn mower closer to the edge. This makes the cutting performance cleaner and more efficient.
- It also features a Compact & Go grass collector, which has 25% more capacity so that it can collect more grass. This also lessens the frequency of emptying the grass collector.
- The grass collector may either be a cloth or plastic. This depends on the availability of the material.
- This includes one grass box.
- It has a 10-amp motor.
- This product is ideal for small yards and also for large yards with many trees and shrubs that other type of lawn mowers cannot reach.
- This lawn mower is not an automatic self-propelled.
- The grass cuttings can easily get stuck on the mower.
- Some buyers had complained that the cutting deck sometimes drops to its lowest setting, which may even touch the dirt. This creates uneven grass cuttings.
This 21” Corded Lawn Mower is another product manufactured by GreenWorks. It weighs 53.1 pounds with a dimension of 31.5 x 17.2 x 23.2 inches and a cutting width of 21 inches. It comes in a combination of yellow green and black color.
- This product has a 13-amp motor that is powerful enough to cut any types of grass and stubborn weeds.
- It has a durable cutting deck made of steel and has a width of 21 inches, which makes your lawn mowing quicker and easier.
- This lawn mower is very versatile with its 3-in-1 feature – rear bagging, side discharge, and mulching.
- This product offers seven options for height adjustments in cutting the grasses that range from 1 ½ inch to 3 ¾ inches.
- This is ideal for cutting all types of grasses.
- Its front wheels have a dimension of 7 inches while its rear wheels have 10 inches.
- The bolt in handle bracket is not that of high-quality and can easily fall out.
- The brake mechanism may fail over time. This makes the cutting blade to spin for several seconds even after the switch has been turned off.
- This product is a little bit expensive as compared to other similar products.
This Corded Lawn Mower-MM2000 13-Amp is another product manufactured by Black & Decker. It weighs 49.8 pounds with a dimension of 34.9 x 16.8 x 21.9 inches and a cutting width of 20 inches. It comes in a combination of black and orange color. It carries a two-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- This corded electric lawn mower can cut a path of 20 inches wide, which can make your lawn mowing faster and more efficient.
- It has seven settings in its height adjustment, which ranges from 1 ½ inch to 4 inches high.
- It also features a carrying handle that is very convenient.
- It comes with a grass collection bag that has a capacity of 13 gallons and is made up of nylon.
- The hook connecting the starter cable to the handlebar is not that of high-quality and can easily snap off.
- The motor can easily get overheated when it is overused.
- This product is more expensive as compared to other similar products.
Gas Powered vs. Corded Electric Lawn Mower
Corded electric lawn mowers and gasoline-powered lawn mowers greatly differ from each other. Their comparison may be categorized into 7: power, maintenance, operating range, weight, safety, pollution, and price.
The gasoline-powered lawn mowers are more powerful than the corded electric ones. It can cut almost all types of grasses and weeds no matter how tall or thick they are. Furthermore, they can run for a long time as long as the tank still has fuel in it. Gasoline-powered lawn mowers are also more durable as compared to its electric counterparts.
Corded electric lawn mowers, on the other hand, are also powerful but can only cut few types of grasses. They are also ideal to be used in small yards since its motor has less capacity as compared to the gasoline-powered ones.
Corded electric lawn mowers need less maintenance than the gasoline-powered ones. It only requires cleaning the grass collection bag every after mowing. The cutting deck also needs some cleaning after each session of lawn mowing. It also needs some sharpening in cases that the blades become dull.
Contrary to the corded electric lawn mowers, gasoline-powered ones need lots of maintenance. They require frequent refilling of fuels into the tank, changing of engine oil and spark plugs, unclogging the air filters and carburetors, and annual tuning up.
A corded electric lawn mower has a limited operating range than its gasoline-powered counterparts. Its range depends on the length of the cord. Therefore, corded electric lawn mowers are ideal for small yards whereas the lawn mower can be plugged into a nearby electric supply.
Gasoline-powered lawn mowers are ideal for large lawns. They can only be run using gasoline or other oils that are suitable for the used lawn mower.
Gasoline-powered lawn mowers are heavier as compared to the corded electric ones. Even though gasoline-powered ones are ideal for lawns with large areas, they are difficult to handle in inclined areas as for hills. The user may experience fatigue after using gasoline-powered lawn mowers in inclined areas.
Corded electric lawn mowers, on the other hand, are lighter than those of gasoline-powered ones. They can be easily handled and maneuvered along the areas to be mowed. Therefore, they are ideal for inclined areas since the user only needs less effort in handling it due to its light weight.
Both corded electric and gasoline-powered lawn mowers have their respective safety measures that should be followed. A corded electric lawn mower can create electric shocks when the cord is placed in a wet area or when it is being cut by the lawn mower's cutting blades. Aside from this, the user may be tangled or may be tripped over the cord.
Gasoline-powered lawn mowers also have dangers, especially when refilling its fuel. Fuels like oil or gasoline are flammable. This may create fire when it is exposed to flames or other heat sources.
Gasoline-powered ones create more pollution than corded electric lawn mowers. They emit carbon monoxide and dioxide that are dangerous to human health.
Aside from this, they also create noise that may exceed the noise limit that our ears can accept. Mostly, gas-powered lawn mowers create a noise around 95 decibels, the same as motorcycles create. While corded electric lawn mowers only create a noise around 75 decibels, which is equivalent to the noise made during a normal conversation.
The price of lawn mowers usually depends on the engine size or the power of the motor. But usually, corded electric lawn mowers are more expensive as compared to the gasoline-powered ones. This is usually because of the added features of the corded electric lawn mowers. A gasoline-powered lawn mower may appear cheap but somehow becomes a money pit because it needs more maintenance in every use. Contrary to this, electric lawn mowers only consume enough amount of electricity in every use. For homeowners who have a small home garden, an electric mower will already suffice.
Now that you are already presented with the five best corded electric lawn mowers, as well as the comparison of gasoline-powered lawn mowers and the electric ones, it’s about time for you to decide which one to consider as the best corded electric lawn mower that best suits your gardening needs.
Personally, I highly recommend the GreenWorks Corded 20-Inch Lawn Mower- 25022 12 Amp. Even though it is a little bit expensive, it can make your mowing quicker and more efficient with its 21-inch cutting width and the 13-amp motor power.
So that’s it. Thank you so much for your time reading this article, and please do share this with your friends who consider buying a lawn mower for their garden.