Best Battery Powered Weed Eater: The Hunt For The Top Five Reviews
Battery powered weed eaters come in different types, and they are easier to use than gas or electric ones. Check out these five best battery powered weed eater!
Battery powered weed eaters is convenient for homes which yards need extra grooming. It saves you the hassle of using cord equipment. Moreover, it is also easy for you to carry around without feeling tired from heavy lifting. Weed eater does not just serve as a trimmer, but it can also be used for edging. Some may even have the efficiency of a brush cutter powered by gas. Hence, in this article, we will share our top five reviews of the best battery powered weed eater on the market nowadays.
Each brand has corresponding features, but they are all easy and safe to use. Here are five brands you can choose from.
This BLACK+DECKER weed trimmer can be used both for trimming and for edging. It is powered by a 20-volt lithium battery and is rechargeable, making it convenient for household use. It may be lightweight, but it can take on some heavy-duty weeds with ease. If you are looking for a lawn trimmer under 150 USD, this is one of your best bets.
- The handle is adjustable, making it comfortable to use for anyone. You can also adjust the height of the trimmer so that you won’t have to compromise your posture.
- It is cordless; thus, you don’t have to pull on any string to start it up.
- At 7 pounds, it is lightweight; therefore, you won’t have a hard time carrying it across your yard.
- It does not create too much noise. It will not cause a disturbance for early morning trimming.
- It usually runs for only 20 to 45 minutes before recharging, so you will have to wait a bit to use it again for larger lawns or stubborn weeds. It is not the same as electric or gas trimmers, so if it runs out of power, you will have to wait a bit for it to recharge.
- It is perfect for medium-sized lawns and is not for commercial use.
- Even if it can take on some stubborn weeds, it takes a longer time to do so.
- It can be a bit tricky to set the head in place, especially if replacing the spool. It takes some getting used to.
If you are looking for a tool which adjusts to your preferences and can switch through three different functions with ease, this brand must be for you. It functions as a trimmer, edger, and mower rolled into one. It is adjustable and has a longer battery life span but does not compromise weight for its functions.
- We all know what 32 volts mean. You can go on using the product for more or less half an hour straight before you need to recharge.
- It comes with an adjustable space guard, which protects the plants or grass that do not need cutting.
- It comes with an adjustable handle. You may also determine the length using a lever.
- It has a blade measuring 12 inches, which means it covers more in a lesser span of time.
- At 6 pounds, it is lightweight, so you do not have to lug it around.
- Since it is lightweight, it is not for cutting away heavy brush areas like what a mini lawn mower does.
- Some users have reported string breaking in the middle of use, so you might have to replace the spool from time to time.
The GreenWorks string trimmer is one to watch out for. The head automatically feeds, making the trimming process a lot more efficient. Its power has been likened to a gas mower, even though it is powered by batteries. It is perfect for use in home backyards, but the users claim that it can be used for some heavy brush trimming as well.
- You can opt to purchase a model which includes a battery and a charger, but you can also buy one which does not have those.
- Its ability for trimming and for edging has been compared to a gas mower. At 40 volts, it is that powerful.
- This brand is known to have a powerful string that does not need a replacement for long periods of time, perfect for heavy duty work.
- If fully charged, it runs more or less a half hour. However, the power of the product compensates for it.
- At 9 pounds, it’s a bit heavier than our previous two models, but it is still considerably lightweight, especially if you take its power into consideration.
- The length of the shaft is not adjustable.
This brand is proven durable and efficient and has extra benefits to boot. It carries a warranty which lasts for three years, as well as a year of free service and a 3-month money-back guarantee. Dewalt is battery-operated with seemingly upgraded features, such as 40 volts, metal casing, and the ability to cut through some pretty strong grass.
- With its metal casing, it is bound to be durable.
- It is very lightweight.
- It is heavy-duty. Brush cutting is not limited to weeds but can also be used to cut tall grasses.
- The trigger can be adjusted to control the speed, depending on the length and strength of the grass which needs cutting.
- The 15-inch blade can get through more cutting in a lesser span of time.
- Its battery life does not last long.
- It is a bit too pricey.
Weed Eater is a favorite brand among those who need to do some lightweight trimming and edging. At 5 pounds, it makes Weed Eater the lightest among the brands on this list. Its cordless and battery-operated function makes it easy to use for simple garden trimming and edging.
- It is easy to use and very lightweight, making it a favorite of the elderly who want their yards neat and free of weeds.
- The shaft height is easily adjustable, which can function as a telescope. Thus, the trimming does not have to be disturbed by complicated contraptions.
- The 12-inch blade is perfect for getting hard-to-reach corners.
- It recharges quickly, which compensates for its relatively short battery life.
- It may be perfect for small yards but probably not for medium-sized yards since it doesn’t have similar power to gas-operated ones.
Are There No Other Options Aside From Battery Powered Weed Eaters?
Yes, there are. You can choose from electrically powered weed trimmers, as well as those powered by gas. It all depends on the range of work you want to get done.
- Gas trimmers are a bit more on the heavier side. You may want to go for a lighter option if you’re suffering from chronic back pain. They weigh a lot more than your average battery-operated weed trimmers. They are also a lot noisier because they are more powerful. You may have to disturb the neighbors a bit when you’re out in the yard getting rid of the stubborn weeds. You are also adding to the pollution factor because use the gas emits harmful chemicals into the air.
However, because of its strong power, gas trimmers can be used as a brush cutter for heavy-duty weeds. It is much larger than battery operated or electric trimmers. It means it can cut through a lot more grass and longer ones at that.
- Electric trimmers are just like those powered by batteries, except it makes use of a cord for practically limitless power. You may have to use multiple extension cords to reach the far ends of your yard. It is also much less powerful than gas-powered ones. This means you may have to limit its use to home yards or weeds which are not too long or bushy.
How Do I Choose The Best Battery Powered Weed Eater?
There are some things you may want to keep in mind before purchasing the best battery powered weed eater. It all depends on your personal preference and the yard you are going to use it on. Here’s a small guide to help you get started.
- To choose the best battery powered weed eater, you may want to look at the price tag. Certain brands are known to be household names in the industry and may have a hefty price. However, it does not mean it’s the best for you. Just because it’s a good brand does not mean it’s the best model.
- Check the quality of the product. You can search for this through product reviews. If the product has a good warranty, you’re good to go. Some products even offer few months of money back guarantee.
- You may also want to consider the battery life span if you want the best battery powered weed eater. Battery powered ones are usually known to have relatively short life spans. More battery life also means more weight. Thus, you may want to balance it out depending on your needs.
- Just because it’s for home use, does not mean it shouldn’t have increased power. If your yard always needs the extra cutting strength, you may opt for the weed eater powered by battery that is used for brush cutting for non-residential purposes.
- It would be better for a battery weed eater to have lesser weight and still have high power. However, that’s not the case for most. You may want to consider getting weed eaters with lesser weight if you don’t need it for heavy-duty trimming or edging.
- Last but not the least, some battery operated trimmers have extra features. This includes longer blades which can do extra cutting, a space guard so that you won’t have to hit flower pots, and adjustable handles and shafts which you can tailor according to your height.
Choosing the best battery powered weed eater may be a bit challenging at the start, considering you have quite a lot of choices. However, there is always one tailored for you. They may have relatively shorter life spans than gas-powered ones or electrically powered trimmers, but they are lighter and more convenient to lug around the yard.
If you are looking for a weed eater which fits all criteria, you may want to give Weed Eater- Rechargeable Battery Powered String Trimmer & Edger. Weed Eater is actually known as being the first brand to create such a product. It’s also the lightest among all the products on this list. Its shaft is adjustable. It also has a long blade, and its battery life is still on par with the rest, despite it being small. It is definitely perfect for home use.
Have you decided on what weed eater to get? We hope this article has been of great help to you. Thank you for reading, and we hope you share this article to those who share the same dilemma.