Find Out the Top 5 Best ATV Sprayers 2018 on Our List!
Learn the tricks on how to choose the best ATV sprayer and what things to consider when getting the suitable sprayer for your ATV according to how wide your area is.
Choosing the best ATV sprayer isn’t a piece of cake. It takes a lot of research and might cause a bit of a headache since there are a lot of ATV sprayers available on the market. It might be a bit tricky to choose the best one; however, getting a good ATV sprayer would not only save you a lot of energy, but it would also save you a lot of time. So really, how do you choose the best ATV sprayer?
What Is An ATV Sprayer?
A sprayer is made of tank, pump, nozzles and flow control. It is mounted behind an ATV (all-terrain vehicle) or towed behind an ATV on a trailer. Tow-behind sprayers are not as popular or recommended as much as the tank mounted sprayers.
The most popular models are those units that are mounted or strapped on the back of your ATV. This way, the tank becomes higher, and the installation of accessories like booms becomes easier. Many sprayers already include wands for spot spraying using a long hose, so you are not always required to move the ATV.
5 Best ATV Sprayer For Your Lawn And Garden
This can hold chemicals and fluid up to 26 Gallons and is definitely perfect for your wide lawns and garden. However, like other regular ATV sprayers, it would only require a 12-volt battery. It brags a flow rate of 2.2 GPM (gallon per minute) and 70 PSI (pounds per square inch - pressure) max which gives you an assurance of quick liquid streaming.
- Its pump provides faster priming and durability with 70 PSI max.
- It has 100% continuous duty rating.
- It has Honeywell Micro Switch; thus, you can guarantee its durability.
- It is very durable and is made of Viton valves.
- The interior of its tank is made with special chemical and a UV-resistant polymer that would surely extend the whole sprayer’s longevity.
- The pressure switch design cycles the pump slowly to minimize switch and motor wear.
- A flaw in the design makes at least half a gallon of chemical or fluid inside the tank unusable, thus, wasting a good amount of fluid.
- There is a tendency for the drain cap to leak, so tapes might come in handy if this issue ever occurs.
- The straps cannot hold the sprayer on some ATVs.
- If you prefer long wands, then you might find its wand quite short.
- Some key pieces are made of plastic which can affect the durability of the whole product.
This sprayer can hold up to 8 Gallons of chemicals or fluid which is perfect for your small to average lawn areas. The tank itself is UV resistant and is compatible with any pesticide. The gallon marks that are molded into the tank helps monitor the fluid levels. The tank has a wide opening of 3 ½ inches and has an easy-empty bottom drain. Price is reasonable enough for a durable 8-Gallon tank.
- It has chemical resistant Santoprene and Viton components.
- It is UV-resistant.
- The gallon marks make it easy to monitor the levels of fluid left.
- It has an easy-to-handle empty bottom drain.
- The pump’s performance may depreciate over time and replacement for the pump may not be locally available.
- The product’s pump is mounted with galvanized screws that corrode over time.
- The hose’s smell is very rubbery, and the rubbery scent wouldn’t go away even after cleaning the product. You may consider changing the hose itself; however, that would mean additional spending for you.
- The product’s pressure can’t be adjusted.
- Leaks may occur over time.
This sprayer can hold up to 15 Gallons and can be configured to mount to your ATV, UTV, or lawn tractor. The tank itself is heavy-duty, translucent, and chemical resistant, so tracking the liquid level would not be an issue. This has built-in manifold and pressure gauge for an easier pressure gauge.
- It can be configured to mount on your ATV and lawn tractor.
- Its tank is heavy-duty, translucent, and chemical resistant with a 5 inches wide tank opening for easy filling and mixing.
- It has a maximum pressure of 26 PSI delivering a 26-foot (vertical spray) and 30-foot (horizontal spray).
- It has a double filtration system which extends the life of the sprayer.
- It has an optional 7-foot and 16-foot coverage spray boom kits available.
- At least a gallon or less cannot be accessed by the internal tank feeder hose, thus, wasting a good amount of fluid.
- There is a tendency for the tank’s rubber grommets to leak if you fill the tank to its full capacity.
- Pressure becomes inconsistent below 5 Gallons as the liquid runs to the low side of the tank and zaps pressure from the line.
This ATV sprayer has a capacity of 15 Gallons. It comes with custom mounting straps and has 1.0 GPM flow rate. The filling lid is 5 inches wide, and it has a removable drain plug. Its trigger wand has an adjustable nozzle which is perfect for spot spraying.
- It has custom mounting straps.
- It has 1 GPM, 12-volt demand pump mounted on top.
- It has a large filling lid (5 inches lid with tether) and removable drain plug.
- It comes with a trigger wand with an adjustable nozzle.
- It comes with Alligator clips for 12-volt connection.
- Issues with the pump may occur at times.
- You might find the wand and hose quite short if you prefer the longer ones.
- There’s a very high possibility for the tank to leak especially when you fill the tank to its full capacity.
- The alligator clip inclusions have a tendency to break easily since they’re made of cheap plastic material. However, you can always replace them with better and durable ones.
Its tank is made of Polyethylene, which is considered to be the most common plastic. It has an adjustable brass cone nozzle and has built-in manifold and pressure gauge for easy adaption of boom and boomless accessories.
- The flow pump and flow rating are 2.2 GPM.
- It has 70 PSI maximum pressure rating.
- The tank is made of Polyethylene.
- It has an adjustable brass cone nozzle.
- At least half a gallon of chemical or fluid inside the tank becomes inaccessible so that you can’t use up all the fluid inside the tank.
- Inconsistencies in the pump flow and pressure may occur at times.
- Tank leaks may occur at times. It is not advisable that you use the tank’s full capacity to avoid leaks.
Choosing The Best ATV Sprayer
When choosing the best ATV sprayer, you will have to consider following:
The size and the capacity of your tank will depend on how large the area is. This would affect how many times you will have to refill your tank to get the job done. The size of the tank would also determine the fluidity of the job since it will add an extra rider weight on the machine. Tank size may range from 8 Gallons to 26 Gallons.
Type of Sprayer
You can choose between a boom sprayer and a boomless sprayer. Boom sprayers are perfect for big and open areas which would need a larger coverage. These have nozzles on the underside of them, and these usually come in larger tanks. Boomless sprayers, on the other hand, are smaller than boom sprayers and are more affordable.
These can have from 1 to many different nozzles. These are always available and easier to get. The bottomless sprayers are more than enough for the average users with medium-sized areas to cover. All sprayers come with a chart and manual to let you know how much area you can cover at what pressure. However, some sprayers would not allow you to adjust your regulator or pressure.
The best ATV sprayers are made of high-quality plastic materials that are resistant to chemicals. The type of plastics used and the overall materials of your tank would determine the product’s durability. Always consider the tank’s plastic materials as some may not be as resistant to chemicals. Sprayers with durable materials are always worth your investment. Aside from being cost-efficient, it would also save your time and effort.
What Are The Advantages Of Getting An ATV Sprayer?
Getting an ATV sprayer would not only save you a lot of energy; it would also save you a lot of your time and effort. With the ATV sprayers’ higher tank capacity, you can get everything done in a swift as you won’t have to carry your chemicals yourself or use a pump sprayer.
Furthermore, you won’t have to do refills all the time. When you have to cover a large area, getting the job done won’t be as difficult because of the easy mobility and larger tank capacity.
Lastly, anyone, young and old, can use this type of sprayer, as long as you can drive an ATV. It is very easy to use that anyone would be able to handle this. Another reason for you to get the best ATV sprayer, right?
What Is The Best ATV To Use?
The ATV is a prerequisite in getting or choosing your ATV sprayer. The ATV you should use would depend on the amount of job you’re trying to do and what sprayer tank size you need. A 500cc or greater machine would do just fine for the extra weight. Consider metal racks over plastic racks since they secure your tanks better. Always check the rear rack to see the weight it can support, especially when mounting the sprayer on it.
Other Things To Consider
Of course, you have to weigh a few things and consider how wide your area is when choosing an ATV sprayer. The capacity of your tank should be able to cover your whole area. If you have a small to an average area to cover, then getting a smaller tank would be the best option.
If you choose a tank with a large capacity for your small area, you might end up wasting a good amount of chemicals. If you choose a small tank for a wide space, a lot of your time would be eaten in refilling your tank with more chemicals or fluid. Additionally, always see to it that your tank is firmly secured on your ATV. Always check that there’s no movement once the tank is full and mounted on the ATV.
Decide what type of ATV you would need to get. If you can find an ATV with a battery mounted under its seat, then you should get that one. The electric pump on sprayers would require a 12-volt battery to power them. If you find an ATV with battery under its seat, it means you only have to run a few wires. Using the ATV’s battery would be more convenient, and you don’t have to mount a separate battery for your sprayer. That means lesser weight for you and your ATV while getting the job done.
After considering all the features and benefits of all the sprayers written above, I must say that the NorthStar’s ATV Broadcast and Spot Sprayer is the best ATV sprayer from the list. The tank capacity is pretty high, and the tanks are made of very high-quality material. You can get a long use out of it with its chemical-resistant tank.
A few leaks may occur at times; however, this can be remedied by tightening up the clamps or use a few tape to sure everything’s secured. Unlike the other products mentioned above, the NorthStar ATV Broadcast and Spot Sprayer has a higher percentage of working well while on the job. Its leak control is far better than the other product mentioned. The overall quality of this sprayer is very commendable. It can handle pretty much anything, from small to large areas, with the capacity of its tank.
Have you decided yet which best ATV sprayer you will purchase? Share your thoughts below! Thanks for dropping by!