Best Commercial Weed Eater 2018: Recommended Brands Review
Is your lawn in a constant attack of long grasses and weeds? In this article, you will get to know the best commercial weed eaters available in the market.
Keeping your garden at its best is a difficult task, especially when your lawn or garden is under constant attack by these undesirable plants called weeds. So, what should we do to get rid of these weeds? Well, a commercial weed eater would always come to the rescue.
A weed eater may come in different names – grass cutter, string trimmer, or weed-whacker. Whatever names you call it, its main function is to cut long weeds and grasses that may give your lawn or your garden a nasty look. To keep your lawn and garden nice and neat, use the best commercial weed eater that is available on the market.
5 Best Weed Eater Heads For Stihl And Other Trimmers As Replacement For Brush Cutters
An excellent weed eater can only perform efficiently with an excellent weed eater head. Find out what’s the best weed eater head on the market here!
Top 5 Best Commercial Weed Eaters For 2018 Reviews
This 2-Cycle Gas String Commercial Grade Trimmer is a weed eater manufactured by Tanaka. It weighs 11.2 pounds with a dimension of 12.5 x 9.9 x 70.1 inches. This product features three engine options– 21.1 cc, 23.9 cc, and 26.9 cc. This is considered as the best commercial weed eater because of its maximum reliability and durability. It comes in red orange color.
- It has a 2-cycle engine for a maximum weed cutting experience.
- This product features an aluminum clutch housing to prevent it from overheating.
- Its line comes in a solid steel shaft which reduces the vibration when in use.
- Its front and rear handles are padded for maximum comfort while using the product. These padded handles also reduce fatigue while manipulating the device.
- This doesn’t need any other tool in changing various cutting attachments because of the built in spindle lock featured in the product.
- It can be attached to a brush cutter which is ideal for brush cutting.
- The on/off switch of this product can be easily flipped on.
- This product is a bit expensive as compared to other similar products.
- Some customers complain that the product would unexpectedly turn off when in use.
- This is not eligible for international shipping and can only be shipped within the United States.
- This item does not have a harness.
The GT-225 2 Cycle Gas Trimmer is the best commercial weed eater manufactured by Echo. It weighs 10 pounds with a dimension of 15.1 x 12.4 x 56.9 inches. It is featured in an orange color.
- This product has an engine capacity of 21.2 cc.
- This weed eater has an excellent trimmer that can meet high expectations when cutting weeds.
- It is designed to manipulate and load the strings easily.
- It comes with a manual which is very comprehensive and useful when using the product.
- This is ideal for heavy-duty grass cutting.
- This product is a gas-powered weed trimmer and can be fuelled with any engine oil mix.
- Some buyers complain that the string keeps on getting stuck in the head while using the product.
- This product needs to be constantly loaded with its strings.
- Other buyers complain about the head that it easily gets jammed.
The Gas String Trimmer (967055801) is another weed eater manufactured by Husqvarna. It is also considered as the best commercial weed eater because of its high-quality performance in cutting weeds. It weighs 17 pounds with a dimension of 70 x 9 x 9 inches. It is featured in an orange color.
- This product has a 4-stroke engine that can be run using pure gas which lessens the hassle of mixing engine fuel gas.
- It is featured with an air purge which is very useful in removing air from the carburetor, as well as in the fuel system to start up the engine of the weed eater easily.
- It has a Smart Start engine and starter to turn on the engine quickly.
- It has a straight shaft designed to be ideal for vertical edging.
- It works with any size of the string.
- When it is kept idle, the motor will not run smoothly.
- It is expensive as compared to the other weed eaters of the same kind.
The String Trimmer (TCG23ECPSL) is another best commercial weed eater manufactured by Tanaka. It weighs 10.3 pounds with a dimension of 70 x 8 x 8 inches. This product covers a 2-year commercial use warranty, 7-year consumer use warranty, and one-year rental use warranty. It is featured in red orange color.
- This product has three engine capacity options, namely 22.5 cc, 23.9 cc, and 26.9 cc.
- This item has an overall length of 69.6 inches to keep the user from bending while using the product. This is ideal for bad back individuals.
- It features an anti-vibration system to reduce the fatigue of the user when the product is in use.
- It features S-Start recoil starting system, which reduces the effort in starting the engine of this product.
- It comes with a manual with complete instructions on how to use the product.
- The engine has a lot of power and is ideal for heavy brush duties.
- It is affordable as compared to other similar products.
- It doesn’t have an insert-and-twist refill feature in refilling the string.
- Some buyers complain about the engine. The engine sometimes stops when it is in use. The user has to restart the engine again.
Now that you already know the five best commercial weed eaters for sale in the market, let us now discuss the basic things to bear in mind when choosing the best commercial weed eater.
Buyers Guide In Choosing The Best Commercial Weed Eater
In choosing a commercial weed eater that best suits your lawn care needs, you have to consider many things. These include the type of weed trimmer (whether battery-powered, gas powered or electric weed eater) the shaft design (straight or curved), the reasons why you ought to buy a weed eater, and of course, the price. Let us talk about these things so that you will be knowledgeable enough in your search for the best commercial weed eater in the market.
+ Types Of Weed Trimmer
Weed trimmer comes in different types. There are electric weed trimmers that can be easily used just by plugging it in an electric socket. Others would also prefer the battery-powered weed eaters while some would choose the gas-powered ones. Yes, they all do the job of cutting weeds. But how do these three types of weed eaters differ from each other? Let’s find out.
+ Plug-In Weed Eaters
Plug-in weed eaters, also known as electric weed eaters, do not require any battery or gas. This type of weed eater can be easily used because it only requires electricity to start up the engine. However, the device can only be used in limited areas depending on the length of the electric cord. Because of this, they are perfect for small yards and lawn. They also come in smaller sizes as compared to the other types of weed eaters. In addition, the electric weed eaters have less power than gas-powered ones.
+ Battery-Powered Weed Eaters
Battery-powered weed eaters are known to be light and noiseless. They are very useful in cutting weeds in large areas since they can be carried everywhere you like. They also come in a handy during a power outage. However, you have to always keep an extra battery in case the battery burns out.
+ Gas-Powered Weed Eaters
This type of weed eater is more powerful than the other types. There are models of weed eaters that only need pure oil while others need a mixture of gas and oil. They are ideal for places that are far from houses since they are not restricted by any power cords. But even though you can carry them far from your house, its disadvantage is that it is heavier as compared to the electric and battery-powered ones.
+ Shaft Design
String trimmers also come in different shaft designs. Some have a straight shaft while others have curved shaft. They may serve the purpose of successfully cutting off tall weeds and grasses, but they still differ in the level of comfort with regards to the handling aspects of the weed eater. Let’s find out which design is more suitable for you.
+ Straight Shaft
Straight shaft weed trimmers usually have solid steel handles. They are heavier than the curved shaft weed trimmers. However, they are ideal for people with back pain issues since they are normally longer. This allows the user to avoid bending over while using the device. Furthermore, straight-shaft versions are very useful in reaching edges and sides of your garden and lawn because of their length. They are also more durable as compared to the curved-shaft versions.
Curved-shaft versions of weed eaters also offer a comfortable fit to some of the users. They are also lighter in weight than those trimmers with straight shafts. Curved-shaft trimmers are shorter, which makes it easier for the user to maneuver the device. However, this is not ideal for people with back pains since you have to bend over to manipulate the device. They are also not that durable because the area where the shaft curves is not that flexible, which may lead to easy breakage.
Now that you already know the things to consider in choosing appropriate weed eaters, as well as the five best commercial weed eaters, it is time for you to decide which one is more suitable in your fight against undesirable weeds. You may opt to use weed killer sprays to kill undesirable weeds for good. However, if you only want to trim weeds and grasses for the purpose of beautifying your lawn, then a weed eater is a good fit.
Personally, I highly recommend the Husqvarna Straight Shaft 4-Stroke Gas String Trimmer (967055801). Aside from its durability, this product can reach up to the farthest corner of your lawn because of its long straight shaft. Even though it is quite expensive, its high performance makes it worth for the money cost. It can be run using pure oil, lessening the hassle of mixing gas and oil for its fuel.
So there you have it! Thank you so much for reading this article, and please do share this with your friends who have struggled in searching for the right commercial weed eater.
You may also like: